• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Emwitus

You can't tell me that the Lakers are not championship contender this year.
Kobe has slowed down but his decline is offset by Bynum's rise.
Pau will definitely play better than last year when he was completely emo.
MWP says he feels much better physically and his play of late has definitely proven it.
Sessions is an obvious improvement over Fisher.
Bench isn't as good but hopefully Brown doesn't fuck it up and should limit bench minute to Barnes, a few for Blake and McRoberts in the playoffs.
In my opinion they are a better team than they were two years ago.

Lamar and Brown were a big part of our bench spark and are both missing i don't think we can win it all this year. Maybe next year with a few tweaks to our bench. If mike brown was smart, he should have let morris/ebanks develop over the season and have a Kobe/Ebanks and Sessions/morris rotation. Otherwise we are back to square one with blake as fisher minus lamar....Man i wish we never traded him.

Mike Brown
Ron Artest
Andrew Bynum
Pau Gasol
Kobe Bryant

You guys are relying on the most mentally weak core of all time. Only Lamar could make it worse. Without Fish and Phil, everything will fall apart. This Laker team won't come back from deficits, they'll crumble the first time a team goes on a run, and there will be locker room fights after every loss.

They don't stand a chance. I still put them in the "able to make noise" category (along with LAC, BOS) but they aren't a contender. Only OKC, MIA, CHI, SAS, and MEM have a shot.

I think this year will come down to how Kobe plays within the offense and how well Brown manages the playoff rotation.

Listen to yourself.

Emwitus

These Neo-Lakers fans are worse than Neo-Cavs fans.

I have a weird feeling these quotes might be reposted in june. Honestly, laker's in my opinion can not win. But after what happened with dallas last year and the way the western confrence is.......Pretty much anyone from 1 to 6 could end up in the finals.

So in April (7 games) Metta's numbers:

14pts 1TO 46%FG 41% from 3.

Metta's season averages:
7pts 1TO 39%FG 31% from 3.

please don't be a fluke, please don't be a fluke, please don't be a fluke.......please

edit: last 4 games:
19pts 1TO 63%FG 51% from 3.

sheeeeiiiiitttt.

Emwitus

So in April (7 games) Metta's numbers:

14pts 1TO 46%FG 41% from 3.

Metta's season averages:
7pts 1TO 39%FG 31% from 3.

please don't be a fluke, please don't be a fluke, please don't be a fluke.......please

edit: last 4 games:
19pts 1TO 63%FG 51% from 3.

sheeeeiiiiitttt.

:O

Vahagn

Mike Brown
Ron Artest
Andrew Bynum
Pau Gasol
Kobe Bryant

You guys are relying on the most mentally weak core of all time. Only Lamar could make it worse. Without Fish and Phil, everything will fall apart. This Laker team won't come back from deficits, they'll crumble the first time a team goes on a run, and there will be locker room fights after every loss.

They don't stand a chance. I still put them in the "able to make noise" category (along with LAC, BOS) but they aren't a contender. Only OKC, MIA, CHI, SAS, and MEM have a shot.

Listen to yourself.

Did you put "Kobe" into mentally weak category?

You're one Manu Ginobli injury tweak away from losing your chances completely, and considering how often the dude gets injured, I'd say SA has a 35% chance of being a 2nd round out. Also, SA is not a legit contender. You're not winning a championship with Tony Parker as your best player and no intimidating size up front.

You had a 10 year window of Timmy greatness that ended in 2008 and you've been first and second round fodder ever since. LA might not be a legit contender, but you're kidding yourself if you think SA is

Canuck76

Banned

You're one Manu Ginobli injury tweak away from losing your chances completely, and considering how often the dude gets injured, I'd say SA has a 35% chance of being a 2nd round out. Also, SA is not a legit contender. You're not winning a championship with Tony Parker as your best player and no intimidating size up front.

You had a 10 year window of Timmy greatness that ended in 2008 and you've been first and second round fodder ever since. LA might not be a legit contender, but you're kidding yourself if you think SA is

SA haven't been contenders for a while. 2010 sweep showed us this

rage1973

Listen to yourself.
Just like the Spurs are depending on the most fragile players in the league.
You better hope nobody sneezes on Ginobli and Parker before the playoffs or they could be out for 4 weeks.

Vag, considering everything you've ever posted has been blatantly wrong, all this post does is encourage me further.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

where did you get 35% from?

SUPREME1

Banned
Mike Brown
Ron Artest
Andrew Bynum
Pau Gasol
Kobe Bryant

Listen to yourself.

SAS has no shot at a title. They are the only team you listed as contenders that the Lakers could, should, and would beat in a series. And that's not even taking into account last night's game.

SAS should be on the 'makes some noise list, along with the Lakers.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Portland F/C LaMarcus Aldridge will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his his right hip to repair a labral tear and will be out for the season

/sigh

Emwitus

SAS has no shot at a title. They are the only team you listed as contenders that the Lakers could, should, and would beat in a series. And that's not even taking into account last night's game.

SAS should be on the 'makes some noise list, along with the Lakers.

SAS could handedly beat a team like miami in the finals...same goes for okc

Vahagn

where did you get 35% from?

If the standings hold and LA plays SA in the second round you don't give LA at least a 35% chance of beating SA? Especially if Ginobli gets hurt? (He was hurt in 08, and last year, and while he played through it, was marginally effective)

LA definitely has more than a 1/3 chance of beating SA in a series...so I'd say 35% second round out is actually being conservative

Vahagn

Vag, considering everything you've ever posted has been blatantly wrong, all this post does is encourage me further.

Considering you get banned routinely, you've thought you were a contender each year the past 3 despite getting your butts handed to you every year for the past 3 in the first or second round...I'd say your irrational homerism has been on display for a long time.

Remember, I'm not saying LA is a legit contender, so I'm not an irrational homer. You're saying SA is despite being a joke in the playoffs the past 3 years, and injury prone consistently.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If the standings hold and LA plays SA in the second round you don't give LA at least a 35% chance of beating SA? Especially if Ginobli gets hurt? (He was hurt in 08, and last year, and while he played through it, was marginally effective)

LA definitely has more than a 1/3 chance of beating SA in a series...so I'd say 35% second round out is actually being conservative

If Manu is out they have a pretty good chance.. But if he pays I give them a 19.75422% chance

'11: Rick Carlisle
'10: Phil Jackson
'09: Phil Jackson
'08: Doc Rivers
'07: Gregg Popovich
'06: Pat Riley
'05: Gregg Popovich
'04: Larry Brown
'03: Gregg Popovich
'02: Phil Jackson
'01: Phil Jackson
'00: Phil Jackson
'99: Gregg Popovich
'98: Phil Jackson
'97: Phil Jackson
'96: Phil Jackson
'95: Rudy Tomjanovich
'94: Rudy Tomjanovich
'93: Phil Jackson
'92: Phil Jackson
'91: Phil Jackson
'90: Chuck Daly
'89: Chuck Daly
'88: Pat Riley
'87: Pat Riley

and so on

Just like the Spurs are depending on the most fragile players in the league.
You better hope nobody sneezes on Ginobli and Parker before the playoffs or they could be out for 4 weeks.

Yeah, we have to stay healthy.

(no shit)

Canuck76

Banned
How many players must be sacrificed at the altar of Portland so that Oregon might have an NBA franchise?

What? We deserve a franchise waaaayy more than utah bro.

It'll all be good. He's never had this issue before. And it's better for the tank, getting young players time.

Please someone tell me everything will be alright

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't see how you can call SA injury prone and not say the same of Bynum.

Triple U

Banned
'00: Phil Jackson
'99: Gregg Popovich
'98: Phil Jackson
'97: Phil Jackson
'96: Phil Jackson
'95: Rudy Tomjanovich
'94: Rudy Tomjanovich
'93: Phil Jackson
'92: Phil Jackson
'91: Phil Jackson
'90: Chuck Daly
'89: Chuck Daly
'88: Pat Riley
'87: Pat Riley

and so on

Yeah, we have to stay healthy.

(no shit)

Man when you list it like that Phil looks like a fucking god.

'12: Vinny Del Negro