• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Vahagn

thekad

do you realize that you have a perception vs. reality problem? You think you're the only person who isn't subject to confirmation bias?

Jesus Christ your point is sad. "I see things as they are... the rest of you mortals see things incorrectly"

lol

Vahagn

Lebron just stood there and watched as his team was hustling to get the ball, he literally did not move

he didn't even take a single step forward towards the ball or show excitement or emotion. Bron is psychologically fucked

thekad

Banned
thekad

do you realize that you have a perception vs. reality problem? You think you're the only person who isn't subject to confirmation bias?

Jesus Christ your point is sad. "I see things as they are... the rest of you mortals see things incorrectly"

lol

Every human being has a perception v reality problem... I just happen to be right in this case.

Vire

LeBron isn't going to change. That's just who he is.

I don't get it. He deserves every bit of criticism when it comes to deferring.

That OT period was straight up embarrassing.

Lebron just stood there and watched as his team was hustling to get the ball, he literally did not move

he didn't even take a single step forward towards the ball or show excitement or emotion. Bron is psychologically fucked

I always wonder what's on his mind when he checks out offensively late in games like this.

I don't think he took it strong to the cup in Q4 or OT...and he's clearly the best finisher on the team and could draw a foul on every drive if he wanted to.

If I was Wade or anybody on the Heat everytime Lebron passed to me in the last 5 minutes of the game I'd pass it right back. I don't care if he misses every shot and we lose, but he's going to take those fucking shots.

PBY

Banned

See- this is my issue. If you show me that statistically, Lebron's touches/shots in the paint, etc etc decrease dramatically for whatever reason in the last 5 minutes, then I'll have to accept that.

BUT, when you take me to body language university, cherry pick one play to someone get a read on whats going on inside Lebron's head, and argue that he "shows no excitement or emotion" I have to call you out on how ridiculous you sound.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I still don't see the bulls getting past Miami or the celtics.

The Bulls have only lost to the Heat once...Bulls vs Heat is Bulls all day. Bulls vs Celtics is Bulls all day too.

There are other teams the Bulls are weak against, but the Celtics and Heat aren't one of them.

Pretty spectacular overtime by Asik imo...

And LeBron didn't do anything, he's just odd.

Would rather see OKC vs. mia or even Boston.

OKC would truck through Chicago in 4-5 games unless Boozer had the best playoff series of his life.

I think Durant could struggle in that matchup and Harden-Collison wouldn't be able to beast on the Bulls' bench like they do against 90% of the benches in the NBA.

PBY

Banned
The Bulls have only lost to the Heat once...Bulls vs Heat is Bulls all day. Bulls vs Celtics is Bulls all day too.

There are other teams the Bulls are weak against, but the Celtics and Heat aren't one of them.

Hey, how many times did the Heat beat the Bulls in the regular season last year? Oh.

Vire

If I was Wade or anybody on the Heat everytime Lebron passed to me in the last 5 minutes of the game I'd pass it right back. I don't care if he misses every shot and we lose, but he's going to take those fucking shots.

Agreed. I think that's the only way he's going to get over it.

Wade can't be his Batman and bail him out every time.

peterb0y, take your loss like a man and stop quibbling with them. We lost fair and square.

His display in OT was downright pathetic.

See- this is my issue. If you show me that statistically, Lebron's touches/shots in the paint, etc etc decrease dramatically for whatever reason in the last 5 minutes, then I'll have to accept that.

BUT, when you take me to body language university, cherry pick one play to someone get a read on whats going on inside Lebron's head, and argue that he "shows no excitement or emotion" I have to call you out on how ridiculous you sound.
He checked out in that OT. I sometimes take the LBJ side of this debate but goddamn man did you watch that at all?

SoulPlaya

more money than God

OK, now wait a minute. The Bulls beat the Heat in every single meeting they had last season, and lost 4-1 in the playoffs. This win means nothing. Although, it does suggest that the Bulls would be better off WITHOUT Rose when facing the Heat. The Heat don't know how to plan defensively for them, and ball movement is better.

Emwitus

This is what peterboy is talking about.

When he feels it's the better play, yeah.

Then i guess it's never the better play in the last 3 mins. Seems like lebron is trying to curve out a magic like legacy when he can have anything he wants, just has to find the right balance.

Tom Penny

Agreed. I think that's the only way he's going to get over it.

Wade can't be his Batman and bail him out every time.

I guess you don't understand why Lebron joined Wade. It's specifically so he could defer to Wade so he could close come playoff time.

Hey, how many times did the Heat beat the Bulls in the regular season last year? Oh.

Pretend you aren't concerned if you want to. Heat have been very mediocre since the break and LeBron is showing symptoms of the same brain leakage he had when you needed him most last year.

The Heat needed other-wordly play last year to finish the Bulls like they did in the playoffs last year. They don't appear to be on that kind of trajectory right now.

I guess you don't understand why Lebron joined Wade. It's specifically so he could defer to Wade so he could close come playoff time.
*yawn*

dabig2

Rose should've waited to come back vs the scrub teams they have coming up. Kid hasn't looked right outside that 3rd Q against the Knicks. Hope he can return back to form within the next 2 weeks...

Canuck76

Banned
but I don't dislike Lebron as a player. I actually wish he was better than he was because he's wasting his talent by acting scared at the end of games.

It's not what i want to see. But it is what happens. Almost everyone sees it. Lebron will take a shot if he has to, but he doesn't want to create a shot or play. Even on the last one, he got the ball off a nice curl, then makes the wrong pass by immediately giving it to Battier covered in the corner when Bron could have turned the corner and gone to the hoop.

When does Bron attack the hoop at the end of games with Miami?

Totally agree. The dislike stems from the fact that he is so talented, that at his best he's in arguably the best player in basketball. That he can almost single handily win games and do everything.

Except when he really needs too. I remember times when he did close games (that shot against Orlando in the ECF was magical) but after the Celtics series it's been down hill. I don't know if its because of the pressure from Cleveland but he doesn't want the ball in clutch situations.

PBY

Banned
Pretend you aren't concerned if you want to. Heat have been very mediocre since the break and LeBron is showing symptoms of the same brain leakage he had when you needed him most last year.

The Heat needed other-wordly play last year to finish the Bulls like they did in the playoffs last year. They don't appear to be on that kind of trajectory right now.

I'm not pretending I'm not concerned- this team has issues. But they had issues last year. All I'm saying is that last year taught me that all the noise and bullshit surrounding regular season games means very little. This team can definitely get beat, but I'm not gonna go into panic mode based on a regular season game.

Emwitus

lol, well only one of those thing is surprising really.

Edit: Wait wait wait, are people arguing that Bron Bron is clutch? It must be past my bedtime.

BUT HE IS.
He was clutch the whole of miami's post season last year up until the finals where he chickened out. The problem isn't that lebron is not clutch.........it's that for some reason he is afraid of being clutch.....like he'll hurt wades feelings or something.

Rose should've waited to come back vs the scrub teams they have coming up. Kid hasn't looked right outside that 3rd Q against the Knicks. Hope he can return back to form within the next 2 weeks...

I thought he might struggle but not to this extent.

Especially after that Knicks third quarter lik eyou mentioned.

The rest of the team has to get used to hi out there as well so yeah, maybe lesser opponents will do the trick.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Totally agree. The dislike stems from the fact that he is so talented, that at his best he's in arguably the best player in basketball. That he can almost single handily win games and do everything.

Except when he really needs too. I remember times when he did close games (that shot against Orlando in the ECF was magical) but after the Celtics series it's been down hill. I don't know if its because of the pressure from Cleveland but he doesn't want the ball in clutch situations.

Except when Wade is out...

Top Bottom