• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Vire

I'm not pretending I'm not concerned- this team has issues. But they had issues last year. All I'm saying is that last year taught me that all the noise and bullshit surrounding regular season games means very little. This team can definitely get beat, but I'm not gonna go into panic mode based on a regular season game.

The difference is, we were heading into the Playoffs on a hot streak last year. This year, we are playing like shit as a team.

Partly it has to do with Spo's coaching.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
OK, now wait a minute. The Bulls beat the Heat in every single meeting they had last season, and lost 4-1 in the playoffs. This win means nothing. Although, it does suggest that the Bulls would be better off WITHOUT Rose when facing the Heat. The Heat don't know how to plan defensively for them, and ball movement is better.

I'm talking about this season.

Bro I was totally correct about Rose last year

Time to admit it

There's no admitting anything about Rose, he's a top player in the league and took over many a game this year against good opponents.

The team has just found a sense of urgency without him out there as they have no one to bail them out so they are taking it on themselves to play with energy and are forced to hit shots.

Like Rip said, they can't win a championship wihtout Derrick.

PBY

Banned
There's no admitting anything about Rose, he's a top player in the league and took over many a game this year against good opponents.

The team has just found a sense of urgency without him out there as they have no one to bail them out so they are taking it on themselves to play with energy and are forced to hit shots.

Like Rip said, they can't win a championship wihtout Derrick.

UGH. I audibly groaned.

The Bulls have only lost to the Heat once...Bulls vs Heat is Bulls all day. Bulls vs Celtics is Bulls all day too.

There are other teams the Bulls are weak against, but the Celtics and Heat aren't one of them.

And this happened last year and we blew them to pieces in the playoffs last year.

linsivvi

See- this is my issue. If you show me that statistically, Lebron's touches/shots in the paint, etc etc decrease dramatically for whatever reason in the last 5 minutes, then I'll have to accept that.

BUT, when you take me to body language university, cherry pick one play to someone get a read on whats going on inside Lebron's head, and argue that he "shows no excitement or emotion" I have to call you out on how ridiculous you sound.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shooting.cgi?player_id=jamesle01&year_id=2012

Quarter FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% eFG% Ast'd %Ast'd
1st 171 294 .582 6 14 .429 .592 81 .474
2nd 95 157 .605 5 15 .333 .621 40 .421
3rd 163 314 .519 19 47 .404 .549 58 .356
4th 78 169 .462 8 27 .296 .485 24 .308
OT 2 14 .143 1 6 .167 .179 1 .500

And this happened last year and we blew them to pieces in the playoffs last year.

Must have watched a different series.

4-1 yes, every game close???

Basically.

Bulls blew them out first game and choked last game.

Heat won fair and square but "blew them to pieces" is going by the series score and that alone.

I loved that CJ was laughing after tying the game, no mean-mugging or chest-pumping, just enjoying himself.

Also, the Bulls +/- numbers...

Rose... -24
Noah... -21
Boozer...-15

and

CJ...+38
Taj... +28
Korver...+24
Asik...+20

I loved that CJ was laughing after tying the game, no mean-mugging or chest-pumping, just enjoying himself.

Rose... -24
Noah... -21
Boozer...-15

and

CJ...+38
Taj... +28
Korver...+24
Asik...+20

Noah bothers me the most, the fuck is his problem???

He was playing so well and now he's playing so terribly.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Rose... -24
Noah... -21
Boozer...-15

and

CJ...+38
Taj... +28
Korver...+24
Asik...+20
Boozer played a great game. He was the only starter that showed up, besides maybe Deng.

Noah bothers me the most, the fuck was his problem???

He was playing so well and now he's playing so terribly.
Noah is a worthless bitch. I told you to trade him at the beginning of the season, didn't I? lol

The difference is, we were heading into the Playoffs on a hot streak last year. This year, we are playing like shit as a team.

Partly it has to do with Spo's coaching.

Yep this, its a bad time to look like we are lost. I have lost confidence with Spo as well. This team looks no better than last year, we still have no offensive scheme.

Boozer played a great game. He was the only starter that showed up, besides maybe Deng.

Noah is a worthless bitch. I told you to trade him at the beginning of the season, didn't I? lol

Boozer was on a roll in the first and then Thibs took him out, left me shaking my head.

He played well as did Deng.

Deng still throws up bricks but then hits big shots.

Freaking fellow Heatles. Chill. The squad has this. LeBron has the MVP wrapped up. He's getting some nice experience leading up to the playoffs. Nobody in the league is going to stop him, including the Bulls (we saw how that went last year). Spo got this. MVP got this. Best offensive big man got this. Fla$h Mob got this.

Vahagn

See- this is my issue. If you show me that statistically, Lebron's touches/shots in the paint, etc etc decrease dramatically for whatever reason in the last 5 minutes, then I'll have to accept that.

BUT, when you take me to body language university, cherry pick one play to someone get a read on whats going on inside Lebron's head, and argue that he "shows no excitement or emotion" I have to call you out on how ridiculous you sound.

What in the world are you smoking?

Dude disappeared in the fourth quarter of the finals last year averaging only 2 points.

Look up his stats since he went to Miami in the last 5 minutes of a close game, and then look at his stats for game winning, tying shots...and tell me it's not abysmal.

How have you not seen this chart about game winning shots in the last 5 seconds?

423604_10150592551810698_1115576738_n.jpg

or this from last season?

225167_1843487141037_1656382290_1800031_4272855_n.jpg

You're just not watching the game, and the stats don't back you up. Lebron back in Cleveland had some decent regular season clutch stats...in Miami, he's been abysmal. Statistically and with the eye test.

Vire

Freaking fellow Heatles. Chill. The squad has this. LeBron has the MVP wrapped up. He's getting some nice experience leading up to the playoffs. Nobody in the league is going to stop him, including the Bulls (we saw how that went last year). Spo got this. MVP got this. Best offensive big man got this. Fla$h Mob got this.

Yep, I'm mad.

Tom Penny

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shooting.cgi?player_id=jamesle01&year_id=2012

Quarter FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% eFG% Ast'd %Ast'd
1st 171 294 .582 6 14 .429 .592 81 .474
2nd 95 157 .605 5 15 .333 .621 40 .421
3rd 163 314 .519 19 47 .404 .549 58 .356
4th 78 169 .462 8 27 .296 .485 24 .308
OT 2 14 .143 1 6 .167 .179 1 .500

I don't get the 4th quarter shot attempts. I can see his shot attempts going down in the 2nd quarter because he's on the bench more but why in the 4th?

Onemic

Pretty much, the entire regular season last year was "THE HEAT CAN'T BEAT THE ELITE TEAMS IN THE EAST".

Then the Playoffs happened.

I think you're only taking certain parts of last season in mind, specifically early in the season. When the Heat played and destroyed Boston their last two meetings, it was obvious what would happen in the playoffs. When the Heat played and won their last meeting with the bulls it was obvious that the bulls weren't as invincible against the heat as thought and they had found ways to secure Rose. Of course those same openings they found in that last game showed up in the playoffs with rose being completely shut down. This season it has been the complete opposite.

You folks need to lay of LeBron. Seriously. He's doing all he can. Realize that he has king douche on his team. It's amazing that Bron is having the season he is with having to play next to the douchebag of douchebags.

PBY

Banned
I think you're only taking certain parts of last season in mind, specifically early in the season. When the Heat played and destroyed Boston their last two meetings, it was obvious what would happen in the playoffs. When the Heat played and won their last meeting with the bulls it was obvious that the bulls weren't as invincible against the heat as thought and they had found ways to secure Rose. Of course those same openings they found in that last game showed up in the playoffs with rose being completely shut down. This season it has been the complete opposite.

that didn't happen?

Top Bottom