• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Random question: What would you do if the Pohlads or Taylor bought the Vikings?

Would it really be any different than the Wilfs running the team?

It's fair to say I don't follow baseball, but I think the ownership for all the Minnesota teams is pretty poor, really. Wild haven't made the playoffs since Leipold bought them, either.

It's fair to say I don't follow baseball, but I think the ownership for all the Minnesota teams is pretty poor, really. Wild haven't made the playoffs since Leipold bought them, either.
Haven't followed the Vikes in a while but Zygoi is a better owner than Taylor or Pohlad, I think. He's very willing to spend. The Pohlads are probably worse than Taylor.

Go MN sports.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Minnesota Lynx are the defending WNBA champions.

Jim Rome is on point. He is saying that Bron is doing everything he possibly can for this Heat team and Wade and the rest of the crew is letting him down. Exactly. Bron is trying his best but King Douche is putting a kibosh on that team's success.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Regardless of the standings or the statistics or the Heat's 13-10 record since the All-Star break

Wait, really?

R4Nal.png

Heh.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
All of this Heat drama just astounds me because if Wade and Bosh came over to the Bulls, they would just steamroll the league.

Thibs as coach.

Clearly defined roles:

Rose - PG (Rose only became hero-ball shot taker because he was forced into that role the last 3 years)
Wade - SG - Takes final shots
Deng - Defender and spot up shooter
Bosh - Somewhat inside offense
Noah - Inside Defense

We still would have Taj Gibson and Omer Asik. We'd only be short the backcourt bench a bit.

Sheesh.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That's true, Glen Taylor's been vindicated.

Although not really. He runs the Lynx just like the Wolves (nepotism!), they just won the lottery, no?

Yeah they got Maya Moore. That team is stacked.

They ended up with the #3 pick too this year. Draft on in a couple days on ESPN!

Aren't there any WNBA fans here? Whos making the thread for the new WNBA season starting in a couple weeks?

All of this Heat drama just astounds me because if Wade and Bosh came over to the Bulls, they would just steamroll the league.

Thibs as coach.

Clearly defined roles:

Rose - PG (Rose only became hero-ball shot taker because he was forced into that role the last 3 years)
Noah - Inside Defense

We still would have Taj Gibson and Omer Asik. We'd only be short the backcourt bench a bit.

Sheesh.

But realize then you and your crew would be the most despised of Best GAF and be the glue that attracts the TripU's.

KingGondo

Banned
Thank god Miami's falling back to the pack a bit, and the Czzzz and Pacers look fairly formidable.

East Playoffs should at least be watchable now, rather than waiting for the inevitable Chicago-Miami WCF.

The Crimson Blur said:
I call that justified. Barea got punked at his own game.

Thibs as coach.

Clearly defined roles:

Noah - Inside Defense

Mannn
This lineup would win not 1, not 2, not 3......

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
But realize then you and your crew would be the most despised of Best GAF and be the glue that attracts the TripU's.

It'd be worth the rings. We also wouldn't be half as despised because Rose wasn't "MVP SUPERSTAR" until after "The Decision". He was just an up and coming all-star.

I don't know if I have ever got more joy out of something in life as I do when the Heat lose.
I don't care for Dallas, yet I cried last year when they beat Miami. I shed tears of joy, and it felt so good.

I hope that this years playoffs will give me more joy and tears.

KingGondo

Banned
Why? Tank mode all season is so shameless. Would rather see somebody like the Cavaliers win it who actually tried to win some games this year.
I'm only thinking of DY.

The most "deserving" team is probably the Cavs. If they get Davis to go alongside Irving, that's gonna be fierce for years to come.

Barrage

No chance of the Bobcasts getting Davis. He''s going to the Hornets.

Benson just paid $330 Million for him.

P.S.: Thomas Robinson apparently WANTS to go to New Jersey. Too bad for him, Prokohrov thought Gerald Wallace was a better investment.

linsivvi

Thank god Miami's falling back to the pack a bit, and the Czzzz and Pacers look fairly formidable.

East Playoffs should at least be watchable now, rather than waiting for the inevitable Chicago-Miami WCF.

You don't enjoy watching the inevitable implosion of the New York Knicks?

Only 180°? I expected at least 360 from Chris Flop.

He's saving that move for the playoffs.

The team with the best odds for #1 pick last won in 04 (Dwight) and since the lottery began have only gotten the first pick 4 times (14% win percentage).

The 2nd worst team has won as frequently as the worst.

Historically The 5th worst team has gotten the pick most frequently (5 times or 18%) and last time was Wall. The 3rd worst has gotten it the same amount of times, but not since 01 have they won.

Being the 4th worst team seems to be a curse seeing as the 1st pick has gone to them only once back in 87(Robinson). 3% win percentage.

But seeing how lottos work, anyone could get that pick really. The 11th worst team even won back in 93 (Webber).

I don't know if I have ever got more joy out of something in life as I do when the Heat lose.
I don't care for Dallas, yet I cried last year when they beat Miami. I shed tears of joy, and it felt so good.

I hope that this years playoffs will give me more joy and tears.

I would say that your life is pretty shitty then

The team with the best odds for #1 pick last won in 04 (Dwight) and since the lottery began have only gotten the first pick 4 times (14% win percentage).

Historically The 5th worst team has gotten the pick most frequently (5 times or 18%) and last time was Wall. The 3rd worst has gotten it the same amount of times, but not since 01 have they won.

Being the 4th worst team seems to be a curse seeing as the 1st pick has gone to them only once back in 87(Robinson). 3% win percentage.

But seeing how lottos work, anyone could get that pick really. The 11th worst team even won back in 93 (Webber).

It sometimes seems fishy but I guess that there is a relatively small sample size. I think the way they do the lotto (only using 14 balls) is pretty cool

linsivvi

You can't use statistics to predict something that's purely random, unless you believe in conspiracy theory.

In which case the Hornets will definitely get the #1 pick.

Also what coffeejanitor said. The sample size is too small.

Top Bottom