• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm curious, what team had the lowest chance of the number 1 pick actually winning?

fuck idk how to ask it correctly...like the team with the most wins getting the number 1 pick? uuuuuh shit do you guys know what i mean
I assume you're asking what the chances are of the team with the 14th-worst record (i.e. the best record of all the lottery teams) getting the #1 pick?

According to this, 0.5%.

Heel

As what's left of a Kings fan, I think it's hilarious that the Maloofs are now trying to get Arco, uh I mean Power Balance Pavillion, renovated after spending nearly a decade arguing against that very idea.

What a fucking circus. I'm over it now.

"WHY WON'T THEY JUST LEAVE LEBRON JAMES AND THE HEAT ALONE? Don't you get it, you're supposed to only look at their successes and not their failings after they claimed they were going to win eight championships."

This is such bullshit. First of all, everyone said Dallas and Boston were done. There isn't different calculus for the Heat, it's the same shit said about other teams.

Also, Kobe sat out some of those games and looked like shit with his knee and people were close to writing them off.

Fucking Heat apologists.

"WHY WON'T THEY JUST LEAVE LEBRON JAMES AND THE HEAT ALONE? Don't you get it, you're supposed to only look at their successes and not their failings after they claimed they were going to win eight championships."

They're right. This is the regular season. It doesn't mean shit when you're a great team like Miami. They'll be there in the end.

Mem:

LWYgO.png

Clips:

sP8jT.png

Clips 1 game up with tiebreaker.

Could come down to the last game.

don't forget that both of them can easily get up to third seed. clips only one game behind. LAL plays SAS twice and OKC.

Nori Chan

I assume you're asking what the chances are of the team with the 14th-worst record (i.e. the best record of all the lottery teams) getting the #1 pick?

According to this, 0.5%.

Yeah that's one way. I'm asking what team actually got the number 1 pick with having the lowest chances of getting it.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah that's one way. I'm asking what team actually got the number 1 pick with having the lowest chances of getting it.
According to the same link, the 1993 Magic had a 1.52% chance of getting the #1 pick, which are slightly lower odds than Chicago had of getting Rose (1.7%).

Triple U

Banned
This is such bullshit. First of all, everyone said Dallas and Boston were done. There isn't different calculus for the Heat, it's the same shit said about other teams.

Also, Kobe sat out some of those games and looked like shit with his knee and people were close to writing them off.

Fucking Heat apologists.

Its not much of a stretch.

Heat win in regular season, Heat fans get excited, Heat haters yell "Do it in June"

Heat lose in regular season, Heat fans yell "wait till June", Heat haters get excited.

Insert any popular contender and its the same thing.

I went thru it for about three years as a cavs fan.

Edit: Cloving down

Nori Chan

Cloving is down for the count.

also its raining hard down here in so cal. wtf also saw thunder and lightning for the first time in a long time

We lost a great soldier today Heat-Age.......Cloving may you join the other Heat greats such as Dan Marino and Michael Jordan......

wtf happened???

On another note part of me is hoping that Spo is just tinkering around with the rotations for playoffs that's why we look like shit right now but that would give him too much credit :(

The M.O.B

RIP Cloving said:
I just want real gamers to have real games instead of the fake games that show up on these horrible devices which truly are a threat to the entire industry.

Vidya Games, Serious Business.

Village idiot of the year

I'm afraid this award is pretty much locked up.

We lost a great soldier today Heat-Age.......Cloving may you join the other Heat greats such as Dan Marino and Michael Jordan......

wtf happened???

On another note part of me is hoping that Spo is just tinkering around with the rotations for playoffs that's why we look like shit right now but that would give him too much credit :(

huh isnt he a laker fan?

KingGondo

Banned
Vidya Games, Serious Business.
I can't believe I used to get so caught up in console wars, which games were going to be on which platform, and NPD day.

Now, I get caught up in hoping my team is better at putting a bouncy orange ball into a hoop suspended at 10 feet above the ground than other teams.

PROGRESS.

Emwitus

I can't believe I used to get so caught up in console wars, which games were going to be on which platform, and NPD day.

Now, I get caught up in hoping my team is better at putting a bouncy orange ball into a hoop suspended at 10 feet above the ground than other teams.

PROGRESS.

I only go their if there is big new on games from companies like naughty dog, santa monica and Hideo....yup, pretty much. And i avoid all the religious debate threads like the plague.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Jayson Williams released from jail

NEW YORK -- Retired NBA star Jayson Williams was freed from jail Friday after serving eight months for drunken driving in New York and 18 months before that in New Jersey on charges stemming from a limo driver's shooting death.

"I am eager to see my daughters, my mother and siblings and make amends for what they've been through, the former New Jersey Nets star said through his manager. "Start my life over with God being first and in the center of everything I do."

Williams drove his SUV into a tree in lower Manhattan in 2010, a week after he accepted a plea deal stemming from the 2002 shotgun death of a chauffeur in his New Jersey mansion. His manager and attorneys have said he has since attended Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, gone through counseling and taught Bible study.

Williams had a six-year, $86 million contract with the Nets before a leg injury forced him to retire in 2000. Two years after he left the sport, he killed driver Costas Christofi with a 12-gauge shotgun while showing it to friends, having failed to check the weapon's safety mechanism before snapping the gun closed.

Williams then wiped down the weapon and placed it in the chauffeur's hands, stripped off his own clothes, handed them to a friend and jumped into his pool, according to testimony.
Williams' lawyers maintained that the shooting was an accident and that his actions were driven by panic.

The shooting marked the start of a cascade of troubles for Williams, who was promptly suspended from his post-basketball job as an NBA analyst for NBC.

While the case surrounding the shooting lingered after a 2004 mistrial on a top count, his wife filed for divorce, and police used a stun gun on him in a New York hotel after a female friend said he was acting suicidal. He was charged with assault in May 2009 after police say he punched a man in the face outside a North Carolina bar, but charges were dropped. His father also died.

Williams pleaded guilty in January 2010 to a lesser aggravated assault count in the shooting case while awaiting a retrial. Under his plea agreement, he had to serve at least 18 months in state prison because a gun was involved and up to five years for a prior conviction of trying to cover up the crime. The sentences were to run concurrent and he became eligible for parole after serving 18 months.

He was paroled from a facility in Wrightstown, N.J. in August, and was transferred to Rikers to serve up to a year after pleading guilty to driving while intoxicated. He was released Friday after eight months.

A first-round NBA draft pick in 1990, Williams played nine seasons with the Philadelphia 76ers and the Nets. He averaged 10 or more rebounds a game in his final four NBA seasons and was named to an All-Star team.

don't forget that both of them can easily get up to third seed. clips only one game behind. LAL plays SAS twice and OKC.

Lakers own tiebreakers on both. Memphis is 2 games back (which is really 3). If Lakers go 4-3, Memphis has to win out to get the 3 seed. 3-4, Memphis can only lose 1.

It's not impossible, but it would be tough for Memphis to get the 3 seed.

Clippers are closer, but their schedule isn't as easy, obviously, as Memphis. Lakers go 3-4, Clips would still have to go 5-2.

Like I said, I think 4-3 will secure it for Lakers, 5-2 would be almost certain.

Its not much of a stretch.

Heat win in regular season, Heat fans get excited, Heat haters yell "Do it in June"

Heat lose in regular season, Heat fans yell "wait till June", Heat haters get excited.

Insert any popular contender and its the same thing.

I went thru it for about three years as a cavs fan.

So Miami isn't being treated unfairly, then. Exactly my point.

WTF? Kobe is out again? Wonder why all of a sudden, he can't play games. This is the same guy who played with a broken wrist and a busted index finger on his shooting hand.

Top Bottom