• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

You can't use statistics to predict something that's purely random, unless you believe in conspiracy theory.

In which case the Hornets will definitely get the #1 pick.

Also what coffeejanitor said. The sample size is too small.
Yea. I know how chance works. Just thought it was interesting.

Every year having the worst team not being likely to get the best prospect sucks for actually shitty teams.

dream

Yeah they got Maya Moore. That team is stacked.

They ended up with the #3 pick too this year. Draft on in a couple days on ESPN!

Aren't there any WNBA fans here? Whos making the thread for the new WNBA season starting in a couple weeks?

You may help me make it if you change your avatar.

Jonm1010

Banned
I figure Jason Smith is the first guy the Hornets resign to an extension now.

Though I was irritated at his first attempt at trading CP3, dell demps really kicked ass with his Jason Smith and Marco Belinelli trades.

Not there they're great but what we got them for was great value.

Also, suck it to everyone that said the hornets were gone from New Orleans....... Once again....

Suck It!!

The Hornets are much, much better than their record indicates. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs next year if they manage to stay healthy.

tumblr_m2em9dyvrc1rth729o1_500.png

There's a missing 'WEAKNESS' there:

LONG TERM FINANCIAL PLANNING - 0% UPSIDE

Canuck76

Banned
Finally saw Super 8

Immense disappointment in such a unique way. Like Cloverfield, but done worse... somehow.

You have no soul. It's a frigging throw back to GOOD 80's speilberg a la E.T. and the like. Just because it has different elements in it, the love story, a bit of mystery, doesn't mean it's thrown together. All those elements work together well and no one of those things overwhelms the movie.

On top of that your telling me, your telling me Cloverfield, frigging "oh let's tip the set a little bit and were sliding oh, no were sliding ahhhhh" is better? Rescue me did that scene better with 1/12 of the money. Not to mention the stupid "it's the apocalypse LET'S VIDEOTAPE IT".

I like Cloverfield but you are straight wrong.

Good day sir

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wonder if Cavs fans would feel it was worth the Lebron drama to get Irving and Davis.

They essentially got Irving for Mo.

And they tanked so hard that their roster was filled by a different rotation of 10 day contracts every night. At least we had the self-respect to "get hurt"

Besides, this is lockout ball - and we need extra sympathy and karma so that we'll get the #1 next year if not this year. All I want is a top 3 pick. And another top 3 pick. And possibly another top 3 pick the year after that.

They essentially got Irving for Mo.

And they tanked so hard that their roster was filled by a different rotation of 10 day contracts every night. At least we had the self-respect to "get hurt"

Besides, this is lockout ball - and we need extra sympathy and karma so that we'll get the #1 next year if not this year. All I want is a top 3 pick. And another top 3 pick. And possibly another top 3 pick the year after that.
tell me where yo commission is, tell ‘em I just want my picks
(picks on picks on picks) picks
(Bobcats on cats on cats on cats) Who on that?
(Oh shit, it’s just stiffs on stiffs on stiffs)
(Hundred picks) How you get it?
(Ninja, layin’ down on courts)
I wish I could give you this feelin’, I’m tanking in front of a million
I’m riding through yo’ hood, you can bank my shame ain’t got no ceiling

You have no soul. It's a frigging throw back to GOOD 80's speilberg a la E.T. and the like. Just because it has different elements in it, the love story, a bit of mystery, doesn't mean it's thrown together. All those elements work together well and no one of those things overwhelms the movie.

On top of that your telling me, your telling me Cloverfield, frigging "oh let's tip the set a little bit and were sliding oh, no were sliding ahhhhh" is better? Rescue me did that scene better with 1/12 of the money. Not to mention the stupid "it's the apocalypse LET'S VIDEOTAPE IT".

I like Cloverfield but you are straight wrong.

Good day sir

Super 8 was disappointing. I thought the first half of the movie, maybe even 2/3s was pretty good and entertaining. But it all falls apart at the end. We're supposed to be sympathetic to the alien, but they fuck that part up. The very end with the locket truly made no sense. It was an intentional "pulling at your heart-strings" moment without the actual context to allow for it. And worst of all, the 2 storylines don't match up. The main character should have been the girl based on how the Alien's "arc" came to be. How Abrams didn't see he screwed up the protagonist is perplexing.

it was entertaining, but the final 1/3 of the movie was so disjointed it kind of left me scratching my head. Which is a shame, because all it needed was the last third to be tighter.

edit: not comparing to Cloverfield. I haven't even bothered to watch that.

You can't use statistics to predict something that's purely random, unless you believe in conspiracy theory.

In which case the Hornets will definitely get the #1 pick.

Also what coffeejanitor said. The sample size is too small.

Uh, it's not "purely random." Which is why it is predictable.

In fact, the team with the best odds getting it only 4 times is entirely predictable according to statistics. Also, I think Morris numbers off because the current lottery is only 20 or 21 years old, so 4 times is closer to 20%.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
David Aldridge ‏ @daldridgetnt

Non-Hornets stuff: Stern says league talked about advertising on jerseys. Took no action, and unlikely to act before next season.

Victory for now. I don't want to root for a team with a Best Buy logo on its chest. Keep it out of the NBA.

KingGondo

Banned
That's true. Target would buy the Wolves jerseys, too. Because their logo isn't prevalent enough.
I don't want to see it either, but it's one of those things that's inevitable, IMO. Too much money to be made off of it.

If it were on the back of the jerseys below the numbers, that would at least be tolerable.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I would totally buy Orlando Magic sponsored by Hasbro with Magic
the gathering
imagery all over it.

Or Hasbro going the Friendship is Magic route. It's like double dipping for them.

I think that would only appeal to like a dozen fans though :(

I would totally buy Orlando Magic sponsored by Hasbro with Magic
the gathering
imagery all over it.

Or Hasbro going the Friendship is Magic route. It's like double dipping for them.

I think that would only appeal to like a dozen fans though :(

If this happens I will become a Thunder + Laker + Heat fan.

Plz fall to the 4th seed in a couple days, plz fall to the 4th seed.

Like Clippers won't be the 5 seed, anyway (have you seen Memphis schedule???)

I think Lakers need to win 4 of the final 7 to maintain the 3 seed, but 5-2 to secure it (clips would have to go undefeated to surpass them here).

ESPN's Kevin Arnovitz said:
There's something ironic about the collective hand-wringing and schadenfreude over the Heat's struggles. First, let's take the Thunder, losers of four of their last seven. In the process, they've let the Spurs, over whom they had a healthy lead for the No. 1 seed in the West, back in the chase for the top spot. But outside of Oklahoma County, nobody is pressing the panic button.

And that's probably smart. Early April basketball provides the blurriest of snapshots. The Celtics stumbled into the playoffs in 2010 losers of seven of their last 10, then marched their way to the Finals. Their opponent for the trophy, the Lakers, lost six of their final nine -- nobody could find that purple and gold switch. With only four games left in the regular season last spring, the Mavericks were reeling. You know the end of that story.

We measure Miami through an entirely different calculus. Back in February, when the Heat were rolling, we were told by many that any success the Heat and LeBron James compiled in the regular season was irrelevant. Achievement would be measured in June, and only in June.

Well, if that's the criteria for the Heat -- that pre-playoff dominance tells us nothing about the Heat's fortitude -- then shouldn't their April failures be weighed in a similar vein, even recognizing that there are legitimate issues to be addressed between now and then?

"WHY WON'T THEY JUST LEAVE LEBRON JAMES AND THE HEAT ALONE? Don't you get it, you're supposed to only look at their successes and not their failings after they claimed they were going to win eight championships."

Nori Chan

I'm curious, what team had the lowest chance of the number 1 pick actually winning?

fuck idk how to ask it correctly...like the team with the most wins getting the number 1 pick? uuuuuh shit do you guys know what i mean

Top Bottom