• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

charsace

Well, he's getting destroyed right now, but everyone has him rated top 4, so no.

Average athlete and shooter, still hasn't learned how to dribble and pass so he's been average.

I think he's a mediocre athlete. Doesn't have the quickness or first step to get by anyone. Nor is he crafty enough to get by anyone. Can't believe the hype he got his freshman year. This kid was called the next Kobe Bryant and was named a preseason first team all american, a first for a freshman. Hilarious when you consider that both Durant and Carmelo went to college for one season. The one and done rule protected teams from themselves because this kid would have went 1st out of HS and would have been hyped to the level Durant was.

Emwitus

I've never seen a team throw away their opportunity to defend their championship like a hot potato. If i were nowitzki i'd be pissed. This is one year he is never getting back. On the other hand, if their gamble with howard/williams pans out he might be in a better position to win more championships in the last few years of his career. But a gamble is all that is.

Cloudy

Banned
I've never seen a team throw away their opportunity to defend their championship like a hot potato. If i were nowitzki i'd be pissed. This is one year he is never getting back. On the other hand, if their gamble with howard/williams pans out he might be in a better position to win more championships in the last few years of his career. But a gamble is all that is.

Honestly I think they are pretty satisfied. Even Dirk

exarkun

Earl Motherfuckin Boykins people! Rox made dat run, shit is nice looking.

Also, memphis is a matchup nightmare for everyone. Once Z-Bo gets his legs back, shit is going to be for real.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

You make it sound like Dirk came to play this year.

Dude was hung over until January.

giri

Except that the moves they made are about next year.

I think they're all OK with the moves that were made.

charsace

Honestly I think they are pretty satisfied. Even Dirk

No, they aren't. They miss chandler's size advantage on both sides of the ball. Chandler sets some of the best picks in the NBA, is a lob threat on every offensive set he's in and has great hands. And on defense he's left a big void.

giri

No, they aren't. They miss chandler's size advantage on both sides of the ball. Chandler sets some of the best picks in the NBA, is a lob threat on every offensive set he's in and has great hands. And on defense he's left a big void.

I think they're ok with everything as long as they get deron or dwight in the off season.

jjasper

I am pretty sure we match up better with OKC with Conley not playing. Allows for OJ on Westbrook and Allen on Durant. Too bad Hollins will never acknowledge this.

Cloudy

Banned
Memphis has the athletes, bigs and shooters to play with anyone. This is a dangerous team and as a Lakers fan, I want no part of them lol. They have totally SHUT DOWN the Thunder fast-break

giri

Memphis has the athletes, bigs and shooters to play with anyone. This is a dangerous team and as a Lakers fan, I want no part of them lol

When Mem and LAL play, both gasols seem to shit the bed. And that hurts mem more than LAL.

charsace

I think they're ok with everything as long as they get deron or dwight in the off season.

I thought Dwight already signed his option for next season? And I don't think Deron is leaving the nets.

When Mem and LAL play, both gasols seem to shit the bed. And that hurts mem more than LAL.

I would imagine that Pau has a psychological edge from beating up Marc when they were kids. Older siblings always have that over their younger siblings.

giri

Which is why i called them moves.........." a gamble". It's not guaranteed anyone will sign with them.

All contracts in the NBA are a gamble.

Contract year Tyson Chandler was a gamble to re-sign.
JJ Barea playing at a high level was a gamble to re-sign.
Deshawn Stevenson knocking down big 3's and playing good D, was a gamble to re-sign.

They could have locked a lot of long term money up on a lot of gambles right then and there.

I'd give up those 3 to pair dwight with Dirk though.

Or Deron. (Deron would mean that their second unit wouldn't rely on JET chucking when dirk went out)..

I thought Dwight already signed his option for next season? And I don't think Deron is leaving the nets.
He can be traded though. Just not signed out right now. The fiasco hasn't really ended, just been put on hold for 3 months.

I can't see why Deron would stay with the nets. There's not a single good reason too.

The Bulls shouldn't have been in this position but Kyle Korver just got called for a foul after the ball got literally kicked out of his hands and then kicked away from him after they scrambled for it.

Emwitus

All contracts in the NBA are a gamble.

Contract year Tyson Chandler was a gamble to re-sign.
JJ Barea playing at a high level was a gamble to re-sign.
Deshawn Stevenson knocking down big 3's and playing good D, was a gamble to re-sign.

They could have locked a lot of long term money up on a lot of gambles right then and there.

I'd give up those 3 to pair dwight with Dirk though.

Or Deron. (Deron would mean that their second unit wouldn't rely on JET chucking when dirk went out)..

He can be traded though. Just not signed out right now. The fiasco hasn't really ended, just been put on hold for 3 months.

I can't see why Deron would stay with the nets. There's not a single good reason too.

Exactly my point.....again.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
At this point, fuck it.

The Cats should take Brittney Griner. The Wizards can have that frog-looking motherfucker if they want him.

I still think Candace Parker can take Henderson's spot.

Word on everything.
Do you guys think any team drafting in the top 5-7 would trade their pick for Bynum?

NJ just gave up a ridiculously high (Top 3 protected) pick for Wallace. Someone is bound to offer some RGIII shit for Bynum.

charsace

Do you guys think any team drafting in the top 5-7 would trade their pick for Bynum?

Yes because this draft is nothing special.

And its surprising that MKG was a post player in HS. He has the potential to be something special if he keeps transitioning over to the perimeter as fast as he's been doing it.

This draft is apparently pretty week after the top 5.

So maybe.

This draft is pretty weak after Davis. He's most likely the only player that has superstar potential. Beal is a homeless man's Eric Gordon and a lot of people have him or MKG(who I really like, but will take a while to develop) going second.

Emwitus

Absolutely nothing is being called for memphis. Multiple fouls on okc while playing defense on them.................and nothing..

Top Bottom