• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

giri

The Knicks haven't made a bad move in a while so I don't know what you're talking about. You talk like we're the suns who were on the cusp of contending, but were so cheap that they traded away picks that could have helped them out in the long run.

Yeah.

Oh

except you have made plenty of bad moves.

But we'll ignore those i guess. Makes it much easier to make your point.

Didn't answer, how's Amare looking?

Maybe i forget them, in all my blind knicks hate, what were Eddy Currys stats in NY?

Do the knicks own their pick this year, or do the rockets own it again? Whilst trading away stellar pick Jordan Hill?

The Knicks haven't made a bad move in a while so I don't know what you're talking about. You talk like we're the suns who were on the cusp of contending, but were so cheap that they traded away picks that could have helped them out in the long run.
Do you not consider Amare and Melo to be bad moves?

charsace

It's not about Bynum being better than most people in this draft it's about these teams being ass and needing more than just one.

Like DY said...this is not a one year thing. By putting money into Bynum you will get better but how better? then you have cash locked into an injury prone player and are mediocre and unable to improve your team.

Bynum to a team that is close like the Bucks or the teams out west...might make some sense. But perennial losers should not make a move like that because it forces them to go into a win now state that they aren't ready for...

and no one wants to be the guy to pass on a potential star (because honestly we don't know who might be better than they seem from this draft ATM) for Bynum...especially if he goes down again.

This isn't a draft that is loaded with allstars. If you've watched any of the names in the lotto play you would know this. MKG and Beal are most likely going 2 and 3 in this draft. If that doesn't tell the story of this draft then I dont know what does. GM's have called this draft disappointing. This isn't a draft where you have Hakeem and Jordan. You don't have Lebron, Wade, Carmelo, Bosh. You don't look at this draft like you look at the draft that had Rose, Love, Beasley, OJ Mayo, Gallinari, Gordon, Lopez, Hibbert. This draft is a roleplayer's draft.

charsace

Yeah.

Oh

except you have made plenty of bad moves.

But we'll ignore those i guess. Makes it much easier to make your point.

Didn't answer, how's Amare looking?

Maybe i forget them, in all my blind knicks hate, what were Eddy Currys stats in NY?

Do the knicks own their pick this year, or do the rockets own it again? Whilst trading away stellar pick Jordan Hill?

Do you not consider Amare and Melo to be bad moves?
No, Melo and Amare aren't bad moves. This is only the first season that they've played together.

giri

No, Melo and Amare aren't bad moves. This is only the first season that they've played together.

LoL.

Amare's contract was a terrible move.

But live in blissful delusion.

And keep ignoring all the other "Not bad movies".

This isn't a draft that is loaded with allstars. If you've watched any of the names in the lotto play you would know this. MKG and Beal are most likely going 2 and 3 in this draft. If that doesn't tell the story of this draft then I dont know what does. GM's have called this draft disappointing. This isn't a draft where you have Hakeem and Jordan. You don't have Lebron, Wade, Carmelo, Bosh. You don't look at this draft like you look at the draft that had Rose, Love, Beasley, OJ Mayo, Gallinari, Gordon, Lopez, Hibbert. This draft is a roleplayer's draft.

You still didn't address any of his points, but completely went off on a tangent.

This is the same shit that bad GMs pull when they make bad moves and their team plays like shit. Celtics and Heat didn't take long to mesh when adding big pieces, did they?

I think a lot of you are underrating this draft.

it's not the godlike draft it was supposed to be but it has some really nice players in it. The college system doesn't really allow for dudes to stand out since a lot of them go to the same schools and shit. Durant was a beast in college because he was the only guy at Texas worth a damn. Kentucky has like 5 guys who could have put up numbers on most other teams. Beal had to deal with Walker and Boynton jacking up shats. MKG filled a role so he would step on Jones and Lamb's toes.

Last years draft was the role player draft. This draft has some potential all stars IMO and a bunch of starters.

No one knows how good or bad any drafts will be usually and that's exciting.

I remember the football draft in which Matt Forte, Ray Rice, etc... came out of and many thought it'd be lackluster and it produced a ton of players that really made impacts in the league that season.

However, when Austin Rivers is ready for the NBA, it gives me pause that this draft is.

I remember the football draft in which Matt Forte, Ray Rice, etc... came out of and many thought it'd be lackluster and it produced a ton of players that really made impacts in the league that season.

However, when Austin Rivers is ready for the NBA, it gives me pause that this draft is.

Just cause Rivers declared for the draft, doesn't mean he's ready for the NBA. :/

it's not the godlike draft it was supposed to be but it has some really nice players in it. The college system doesn't really allow for dudes to stand out since a lot of them go to the same schools and shit. Durant was a beast in college because he was the only guy at Texas worth a damn. Kentucky has like 5 guys who could have put up numbers on most other teams. Beal had to deal with Walker and Boynton jacking up shats. MKG filled a role so he would step on Jones and Lamb's toes.

Last years draft was the role player draft. This draft has some potential all stars IMO and a bunch of starters.

Yeah, it's pretty good despite some of the struggles Barnes and Drummond and PJIII have had. Getting guys like T Jones or Henson at the end of the lottery is pretty great value.

Coming from the most ardent Duke supporter, and a Austin Rivers fan,

He's no where near ready for the NBA. He has an NBA superstar-sized ego though.

Look at the '03 draft...

you had two guys in Bosh and Melo who only went for a year and probably could have made the jump a year earlier from HS, Then you have Wade who no one really knew would be as good as he turned out and of course LeBron who was the obvious choice.

Those types of drafts are rare for a reason and that one fell perfectly.

Hell at least this draft has a transcendent talent in Davis...last one you had a guy in Irving who everyone said was gonna be Mike Conley but slightly better.

This draft has guys like MKG who has the tools to be great. a legit shooting guard talent in Beal. Two enigmas in Perry Jones and Drummond. "sure things" in Robinson and Sullinger. Then you got guys like Lamb, Jones, Rivers and Miller who probably could be waaay better than they were in college. This draft is gonna be a good one.

Maybe I'm just optimistic tho.

Just cause Rivers declared for the draft, doesn't mean he's ready for the NBA. :/

Exactly but watch him get picked "high".

Not sure where they project him going but all these freshmen leaving could really use a few years of competitive ball to hone their skills.

That's not the way it goes nowadays though.

la_g_foye88_cr_286v.jpg

I adore how Davis plays basketball, hope all the guys from that Kentucky team (other than Teague...) do well in the NBA. Great team.

Jazz falling apart against LMA and Matthews...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
"Felton, dribbled it off his foot. Out of bounds to Utah."

lmao

pilonv1

Chad Ford said some GM's see Davis possibly as a 3, with most as a 4 not a 5.

LOL @ the fools trying to play him as a small forward.

Exactly but watch him get picked "high".

Not sure where they project him going but all these freshmen leaving could really use a few years of competitive ball to hone their skills.

That's not the way it goes nowadays though.

Part of the problem is the teams that normally draft in the lottery try to put too much on their picks, especially the one and done crowd. One of the reasons Kawhi Leonard is doing so well this season is because he has a really defined, niche role for the Spurs. Pop doesn't have him post up or lead the offense because that's not his game.

Kawhi can do some stuff in the open court/fast break, can kinda shoot the corner 3, is a great rebounder, and average/good defender, and that's all Pop has him do. But most teams/coaches drafting in the lottery won't let players play to their strengths like that.

I agree with your statement about those players being better off staying to hone their skills, but it doesn't help when teams draft said players in the lottery and ask too much of them is all I'm saying.

Top Bottom