• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

exarkun

rox won, bitches. dragon born type ninjas.

ayo, bulls fans, the Shark aka Kyle "frat boy" korver is bitch made. He whined over all those calls, and he turned it over twice. Bruh can't even dribble.

Rose looked like he was dressed to go to church. Too bad Dragic took em all to school.

Emwitus

You were making a case for securing the sure thing. The sure thing wasn't so sure. So it's either not your point, or you made a bad argument.

Nothing is sure. Which was my point. They had people who were willing to RESIGN with THEM. No trades no nothing needed....they just did not want to spend. They are a better gamble cause that core WON a CHAMPIONSHIP. THAT IS MY POINT. GEEZ.

rox won, bitches. dragon born type ninjas.

ayo, bulls fans, the Shark aka Kyle "frat boy" korver is bitch made. He whined over all those calls, and he turned it over twice. Bruh can't even dribble.

Rose looked like he was dressed to go to church. Too bad Dragic took em all to school.

He whines but he whined this time for good reason.

A lot of suspect calls but it seems that way in every game this year.

Bulls need to pull the stick out of their asses though, they are playing these games as if they are games at the beginning of the season.

If they played hard like they did when they had to at the end, it wouldn't have been close but they don't hold onto 10+ leads at times.

I guess many teams are like that though.

Barrage

Do you guys think any team drafting in the top 5-7 would trade their pick for Bynum?

Noone wants Bynum for a rebuild.

Except for Portland. I think they do that deal with the quickness. A Bynum/LMA Frontcourt is nothing to fuck with (until Bynum blows out his knee in the offseason).

charsace

Noone wants Bynum for a rebuild.

Except for Portland. I think they do that deal with the quickness. A Bynum/LMA Frontcourt is nothing to fuck with (until Bynum blows out his knee in the offseason).

Do yourself a favor and take a look at draft express and then come back here and say no one picking from 2 to the end of the lotto wouldn't trade that pick for Bynum. I would easily take on a bigman that could be a season or 2 away from being dominant for a player like Beal.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
When's the last time Eric Gordo

edit: I still want no part of Bynum tbh

giri

Nothing is sure. Which was my point. They had people who were willing to RESIGN with THEM. No trades no nothing needed....they just did not want to spend. They are a better gamble cause that core WON a CHAMPIONSHIP. THAT IS MY POINT. GEEZ.

It wasn't because they didn't want to spend. Thats totally false.

That core might have won a chip, but again, it relied on some things that weren't all that reliable prior to that season.

And each of the pieces they didn't re-sign got paid some serious, franchise blocking, $.

giri

Do yourself a favor and take a look at draft express and then come back here and say no one picking from 2 to the end of the lotto wouldn't trade that pick for Bynum. I would easily take on a bigman that could be a season or 2 away from being dominant for a player like Beal.

In a season or 2 bynum will be 26, and have had 3 knee reconstructions? and still a shit head team mate?

Z-bo was more mentally mature at the same age.

When's the last time Eric Gordo

edit: I still want no part of Bynum tbh

Same. It's an Amare type disaster waiting to happen.

Barrage

Read THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED (ala top 5-7), then post a coherent response instead of pulling "end of the lotto" out of your ass. Why would Sacramento or Detroit want to pay Bynum millions when they're still in clear rebuild mode? Teams like the Lakers are trying to avoid the Luxury tax; you think a middling franchise wants to jump into tax hell to snatch BYNUM?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Read THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED (ala top 5-7), then post a coherent response instead of pulling "end of the lotto" out of your ass. Why would Sacramento or Detroit want to pay Bynum millions when they're still in clear rebuild mode? Teams like the Lakers are trying to avoid the Luxury tax; you think a middling franchise wants to jump into tax hell to snatch BYNUM?

Knicks have been making ridiculous decisions for over a decade.

This proposal probably sounds entirely reasonable to some of the fanbase.

Emwitus

It wasn't because they didn't want to spend. Thats totally false.

That core might have won a chip, but again, it relied on some things that weren't all that reliable prior to that season.

And each of the pieces they didn't re-sign got paid some serious, franchise blocking, $.

Misread. They were only willing to pay chandler one year with no contract extension. I'd call that not willing to spend. As far as i can tell they were all free agents.

EDIT: And memphis beat okc. Man, the western confrence is so freaking wide open now. Playoffs are going to be mad crazy gaf.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bulls loss tonight was on Thibs imo. When your point guard is just jacking up bad shots without trying to establish any offensive rhythm, and you rely on Korver to bring you back, and you do nothing to set them straight, it's your fault.

charsace

Knicks have been making ridiculous decisions for over a decade.

This proposal probably sounds entirely reasonable to some of the fanbase.

I'll say it again. Anyone picking from 2 to the end of the lotto would trade their pick for Bynum. There is a huge gap after Athony Davis. There isn't even a guy that has even a small chance of going first over Davis. There are guys in this draft that I like, but there's no one being pick in this draft that I like over Bynum. Give me the 18 and 12 on 58% fg with the 61 TS% and 23 per. And the post game. And he's only 25.

Matter of fact you guys can get the fuck out of here if you think teams in this draft wouldn't trade their lotto pick for Bynum if they don't get the first.

Duki

Banned
mkg gon come running shit

yall will see

no one forged by the death of that many relatives is going to be anything less than batman

Bulls loss tonight was on Thibs imo. When your point guard is just jacking up bad shots without trying to establish any offensive rhythm, and you rely on Korver to bring you back, and you do nothing to set them straight, it's your fault.

I blame Thibodeau and Derrick Rose.

Rose is letting Iron Man Boozer down.

Barrage

I'll say it again. Anyone picking from 2 to the end of the lotto would trade their pick for Bynum. There is a huge gap after Athony Davis. There isn't even a guy that has even a small chance of going first over Davis. There are guys in this draft that I like, but there's no one being pick in this draft that I like over Bynum. Give me the 18 and 12 on 58% fg with the 61 TS% and 23 per. And the post game. And he's only 25.

Matter of fact you guys can get the fuck out of here if you think teams in this draft wouldn't trade their lotto pick for Bynum if they don't get the first.

This is the rationale Knicks fans actually have. That because a player will help you more RIGHT NOW, it's the better choice. Ignoring the fact you'll have the draft pick for 2 more years, at least. And that the team won't be a contender anyway. While saving millions of dollars. While having the first option to resign them if they develop into something amazing, instead of Bynum who would become UFA.

This kind of short-sighted thinking is why the Knicks are a perennial joke. Because they can't think any farther than the next box score.

giri

Misread. They were only willing to pay chandler one year with no contract extension. I'd call that not willing to spend. As far as i can tell they were all free agents.

EDIT: And memphis beat okc. Man, the western confrence is so freaking wide open now. Playoffs are going to be mad crazy gaf.

No, thats not, not willing to spend.

Thats a False representation of what they were doing.

What they were doing was making sure they had cap to go after deron or dwight or both, in this up coming FA period.

Thats called planning. And not, Donnies got a plan, planning.

The Mavs payroll last year was like the second highest in the league. I don't think Cuban has too many problems with spending cash.

charsace

This is the rationale Knicks fans actually have. That because a player will help you more RIGHT NOW, it's the better choice. Ignoring the fact you'll have the draft pick for 2 more years, at least. And that the team won't be a contender anyway. While saving millions of dollars. While having the first option to resign them if they develop into something amazing, instead of Bynum who would become UFA.

This kind of short-sighted thinking is why the Knicks are a perennial joke. Because they can't think any farther than the next box score.

Where have all the Raptor's lotto picks helped them to? Oh wait, another season of tanking for another pick.

And would you mind telling me how many 7 fters are putting up the numbers that Bynum is putting up? Because I can't think of another 7 fter that is close to Bynum in ability. 7fters that can do damage on both sides of the ball are near impossible to get. Grizzlies have one and they are in the playoffs. Lakers have 2 and they are in the playoffs and have won titles. Dallas had 2 last season and won the title. Knicks have one now and the defense went from 20 something to 4th in the league. Bulls have one. When you can get a 7fter that can give you a lot offensively and defensively you get him.

If I was drafting in the lottery there is no way that I would trade for Bynum. He acts like an asshole (albeit a funny asshole) on a playoff team. What do you think he would do on a losing team? Can't wait to see how he takes playing on a 30 win team.

Until he proves to be more mature (lol) I wouldn't trust him to be more than a second or third option on a good team.

Barrage

Where have all the Raptor's lotto picks helped them to? Oh wait, another season of tanking for another pick.

And would you mind telling me how many 7 fters are putting up the numbers that Bynum is putting up? Because I can't think of another 7 fter that is close to Bynum in ability.

Where have all the Thunder's lotto picks helped them to? Oh wait, perennial contention for the next half-decade. Don't shit on drafting because teams have fucked it up in the past.

Would those "numbers" help a team like Washington or New Orleans win a championship? God no. So why pay Bynum 16 Million to put them up?

Not to mention all te intangibles (like Bynum's dickhead mind) you're ignoring, that would be poison in a small-market team without the big names like Kobe to put them in check.

And would you mind telling me how many 7 fters are putting up the numbers that Bynum is putting up? Because I can't think of another 7 fter that is close to Bynum in ability. 7fters that can do damage on both sides of the ball are near impossible to get. Grizzlies have one and they are in the playoffs. Lakers have 2 and they are in the playoffs and have won titles. Dallas had 2 last season and won the title. Knicks have one now and the defense went from 20 something to 4th in the league. Bulls have one. When you can get a 7fter that can give you a lot offensively and defensively you get him.

Chandler and Noah don't give you a lot offensively by any stretch, those guys are garbage men on the glass and that's it.

charsace

No, thats not, not willing to spend.

Thats a False representation of what they were doing.

What they were doing was making sure they had cap to go after deron or dwight or both, in this up coming FA period.

Thats called planning. And not, Donnies got a plan, planning.

The Mavs payroll last year was like the second highest in the league. I don't think Cuban has too many problems with spending cash.

You just gave the Mavericks props for doing something that was much easier for them to do than the Knicks; free up cap space to go after big name players. Your revisionist history is nice too because I'm sure you were one of many that thought the knicks wouldn't be able to get rid of their big contracts.

giri

Thats a great way to gloss over all the * that come with getting Bynum. Particularly on a bad team.

You're not wrong about 7 footers. You're right there. But you are ignoring a fair chunk about this specific 7 footer.

You just gave the Mavericks props for doing something that was much easier for them to do than the Knicks; free up cap space to go after big name players. Your revisionist history is nice too because I'm sure you were one of many that thought the knicks wouldn't be able to get rid of their big contracts.

They got rid of Amare and Melo? POP BOTTLES!

Emwitus

I can't wait till the mavs are back in their first round exit 50 win season oblivion for the next half a decade. That's why i like the lakers, give them atleast a chance to defend their championship or disband it at a reasonable pace. No crappier feeling than when your team is running through the motions with no hope for a championship just because you're "planning". Reminds of the 05/06 Oblivion the lakers went through.

EDIT: And it's a disservice to your superstar who isn't growing any younger or is not immune to a career ending injury. Pathetic.

charsace

Where have all the Thunder's lotto picks helped them to? Oh wait, perennial contention for the next half-decade. Don't shit on drafting because teams have fucked it up in the past.

Would those "numbers" help a team like Washington or New Orleans win a championship? God no. So why pay Bynum 16 Million to put them up?

Not to mention all te intangibles (like Bynum's dickhead mind) you're ignoring, that would be poison in a small-market team without the big names like Kobe to put them in check.
How many Durants do you see in this draft? Teams are more likely to get a Bargs, Derozan, Aragjo, etc than they are a wade or melo. Because if teams got a franchise player every time they drafted high, they would be picking in the top 10 year in and year out.
Chandler and Noah don't give you a lot offensively by any stretch, those guys are garbage men on the glass and that's it.
Chandler and Noah give a team good size which matters a lot in the NBA. Anyone that denies this doesn't know anything about basketball. And in Chandler's case a guy that with size that has great hands is always a lob threat so defenses can't leave him alone.

charsace

Thats a great way to gloss over all the * that come with getting Bynum. Particularly on a bad team.

You're not wrong about 7 footers. You're right there. But you are ignoring a fair chunk about this specific 7 footer.

lol if you think any team Bynum plays for would be terrible even though they have him. Even the Bobcats would become a mediocre team if they had Bynum in the post. There's no one after Davis that would have a greater impact on the bobcats than Bynum. No one has named a player besides Davis in this draft that they would rather have over Bynum.

giri

I give the Mavs props for not shitting the bed and doing a detroit, mortgaging your future with out a plan, just because you won a championship.

It would have been really easy for the Mavs FO to just re-sign everyone and call it a day and pat themselves on the back.

But they didn't. They thought about more than tomorrow and just appearing to do the right thing.

I'm one of the people that said the knicks should do the melo trade, but that they were giving up a hell of a lot.

I'm not sure what else you mean, i've mocked the knicks for being on the bad end of a million bad contracts and trades. If you want me to put this in perspective, if the Knikcs FO were running dallas after the chip last year. JJ Barrea would be making about $12m this year, of his $60M 5 year contract. And Deshawn stevenson would be buying a nother pimp goblet with his 5 year 50M contract.

Just because you want to get pissy about the bad moves the knicks made and defend them, doesn't mean other teams doing something similar, but executing it much better, should get criticized.

I also said the knicks shedding their roster for LBJ was dumb, and all you got was Amare. Hows Amare looking right now?

charsace

The Knicks haven't made a bad move in a while so I don't know what you're talking about. You talk like we're the suns who were on the cusp of contending, but were so cheap that they traded away picks that could have helped them out in the long run.

It's not about Bynum being better than most people in this draft it's about these teams being ass and needing more than just one.

Like DY said...this is not a one year thing. By putting money into Bynum you will get better but how better? then you have cash locked into an injury prone player and are mediocre and unable to improve your team.

Bynum to a team that is close like the Bucks or the teams out west...might make some sense. But perennial losers should not make a move like that because it forces them to go into a win now state that they aren't ready for...

and no one wants to be the guy to pass on a potential star (because honestly we don't know who might be better than they seem from this draft ATM) for Bynum...especially if he goes down again.

Emwitus

The Knicks haven't made a bad move in a while so I don't know what you're talking about. You talk like we're the suns who were on the cusp of contending, but were so cheap that they traded away picks that could have helped them out in the long run.

lol. Poor steve nash. But i guess the suns are planning for the future.

Top Bottom