• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

giri

While I agree, it would be next to impossible to police that.

Not especially.

There are some completely egregious and obvious cases of flopping in the NBA. at least 4 per game when the clippers are playing.

And make the fine $250,000.

If you're found out for doing it once, and lose $250K, i doubt you'll be going back for more.

CP3 and Blake would have been fined more money than they made this year, if they got pinged every time.

I would say that they're nearly playoff good already. They just had some costly injuries like Gordon.

If fully healthy, they could contend for the 8th seed in the west.

But as gordon isn't hanging around, there's not much point, tank for a high pick and be happy with it in the short term. And rejoice in knowing that the franchise is going to stay.

Not especially.

There are some completely egregious and obvious cases of flopping in the NBA. at least 4 per game when the clippers are playing.

If you're found out for doing it once, and lose $250K, i doubt you'll be going back for more.

CP3 and Blake would have been fined more money than they made this year, if they got pinged every time.

If fully healthy, they could contend for the 8th seed in the west.

But as gordon isn't hanging around, there's not much point, tank for a high pick and be happy with it in the short term. And rejoice in knowing that the franchise is going to stay.

If The Hornets can land either Davis or Gilchrist, I think he'll stay. He said that he likes the city, but that's contingent on how bad he wants to play in Indiana or how willing The Pacers are in pursing him.

Thanks, Hornets. That almost makes up for the dirty foul against Blake. Now the Clippers can lose 2 games without relinquishing the 4th seed.

giri

If The Hornets can land either Davis or Gilchrist, I think he'll stay. He said that he likes the city, but that's contingent on how bad he wants to play in Indiana or how willing The Pacers are in pursing him.

Suns are throwing a max his way, and they're about the only team that has any chance of fixing him and his knees up, and keeping him that way for 82 games.

That would also probably get nash to stay.

suns are goingi to be .500 this year with out him.

Next year they might win 50+

They'll go no where in the play offs. But still, he'd be silly to not look at it seriously.

Eric Gordon is a restricted free agent, he doesn't have that much of a choice in it if the Hornets want to pay him and he wants a ton of money.

I forget he's a RFA.

Still...

Trey

Not especially.

Certainly the cut and dry cases of players acting like they've been shot when no part of a person's body touches them can be clearly identified, but where there's any contact then it becomes a slippery slope. The player would never admit to it, and there would be no real way to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they faked and/or sold contact on a play other than how it looked (which is no proof at all, actually), which is what they already do. The PA would never go for it and refs would be reticent to enforce it, all for bringing vindication to fans for something that's annoying but largely trivial in the grand scheme of the game.

More trouble than it's worth. But it is bothersome.

Suns are throwing a max his way, and they're about the only team that has any chance of fixing him and his knees up, and keeping him that way for 82 games.

That would also probably get nash to stay.

suns are goingi to be .500 this year with out him.

Next year they might win 50+

They'll go no where in the play offs. But still, he'd be silly to not look at it seriously.

I forget he's a RFA.

Still...

Nash/Gortat/Gordon/Dudley or Hill/Morris

pilonv1

561603826.jpg

exarkun

rockets making me want to break my laptop with another fucking terrible 3rd quarter. jesus

lowry has fucked up the offensive flow twice in in the third quart in the past two games now. damn

Eric Gordon is a restricted free agent, he doesn't have that much of a choice in it if the Hornets want to pay him and he wants a ton of money.

True, but I'm sure if he's vocal enough about not wanting to be there, then the Hornets might ease off of signing him to a big deal. As much as I hate to think it, Dallas might try to get in on signing him if Deron doesn't come.

giri

True, but I'm sure if he's vocal enough about not wanting to be there, then the Hornets might ease off of signing him to a big deal. As much as I hate to think it, Dallas might try to get in on signing him if Deron doesn't come.

True.

There's a few good spots for him.

But the Hornets can force people to trade for him rather than sign him out right if they really want to.

Canuck76

Banned
I would say that they're nearly playoff good already. They just had some costly injuries like Gordon.

Ehhh just like the cavs we shouldn't be heading into the playoffs before we get a few stars from the draft. But yeah these guys have been playing out of there minds. I can see Monty winning coach of the year one of the next 3 seasons as they start to win more.

And i think Gordon will stay. He has a chance to be the "dude" alongside a good coach, good young players and he says he likes the food and the atmosphere.

untitled-342mkgo.gif

"I have a very important job for you Mike. You need to go over there and make sure the gatorades are ready. I don't need you to talk to the players, or the refs, just make sure those gatorades are cold and ready. This is imperative Mike. Can I trust you?"

"I got this, Kobe."

Emwitus

untitled-342mkgo.gif

"I have a very important job for you Mike. You need to go over there and make sure the gatorades are ready. I don't need you to talk to the players, or the refs, just make sure those gatorades are cold and ready. This is imperative Mike. Can I trust you?"

"I got this, Kobe."

lol

exarkun

I understand that the Rockets overachieved on their roadtrip...

but this looks like they've been massively overachieving the entire season.

either that or Denver is really fucking good

giri

Jazz have a shot at the 8th seed and are playing 2 D-Leaguers :(

I know Harris is bad but he's not a D-Leaguer.

Also, your entire program has been injury prone for a few years now. Not portland bad, but no one seems to get through unscathed over there.

diehard

Fleer

Also, your entire program has been injury prone for a few years now. Not portland bad, but no one seems to get through unscathed over there.

Heh, Harris actually has .. not been all that terrible the last couple months.

thekad

Banned
Mavs are slumping so they will keep their pick. We'll have our own pick and the Knicks pick if/when we don't make the playoffs.

Team really hasn't been that injury-prone this year. The five best players on the team missed like 9 combined games this year IIRC. Second tier guys on the team have gone down a lot though but they've been pretty old other than CJ.

giri

Team really hasn't been that injury-prone this year. The five best players on the team missed like 9 combined games this year IIRC. Second tier guys on the team have gone down a lot though but they've been pretty old other than CJ.

This year maybe, but thats partly because you had a very influx starting 5 for a while?

I dunno, Just seem to recall the last 2 years of the deron era being fairly injury prone too.

Top Bottom