• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

This year maybe, but thats partly because you had a very influx starting 5 for a while?

I dunno, Just seem to recall the last 2 years of the deron era being fairly injury prone too.

I don't know if that was the medical staff or just that AK and Boozer were pretty injury-prone and Deron got in a lot of collisions.

Is it normal to still be upset about a noon game? I keep thinking about those two 3 pointers that Pau made but I can't figure out how to get them out of my mind. If I go to sleep right now I'm sure I'll be dreaming about them too.

Is it normal to still be upset about a noon game? I keep thinking about those two 3 pointers that Pau made but I can't figure out how to get them out of my mind. If I go to sleep right now I'm sure I'll be dreaming about them too.

paugasol_original_crop_650x440.jpg

giri

No. It's not normal to be dreaming of Pau.

Most dream of bynum all over their chest.

Have a good sleep!

Jonm1010

Banned
True, but I'm sure if he's vocal enough about not wanting to be there, then the Hornets might ease off of signing him to a big deal. As much as I hate to think it, Dallas might try to get in on signing him if Deron doesn't come.

Eh, there has been zero indication Gordon is miserable in New Orleans.

In fact almost everything reported about him points to him being pretty happy.

Gordon gets to be the face of a franchise(exposure is something he's complained about in the past - not being recognized as the good player he is when he was under Blake's shadow) with a competent owner, a very good head coach, a couple of high draft picks and most likely a fat paycheck to stay in a city he has made very clear he enjoys living in.

I'm sure he's not married to having to be here, but I think people are reaching if they think he's secretly looking to jump off at first opportunity.

i think Gordon went on NBATV today and said he'd like to stay in NO.

Anyway, Memphis losing at least keeps lakers to HCA. I don't see Lakers losing 4 of their last 5, so the 3/4 is locked up.

Now OKC needs to do its job and beat the Clips tomorrow night and put the Lakers in a great spot to secure the 3.

Also, according to the LA Times, Ramon will opt out of his final year but claimed he is doing so because he wants to sign a multi-year deal with Lakers and has told both Mitch and his agent as much.

tumblr_m2k6jprXGm1r9u8ado2_500.jpg

At tonight's Kings game.

giri

Eh, there has been zero indication Gordon is miserable in New Orleans.

In fact almost everything reported about him points to him being pretty happy.

Gordon gets to be the face of a franchise(exposure is something he's complained about in the past - not being recognized as the good player he is when he was under Blake's shadow) with a competent owner, a very good head coach, a couple of high draft picks and most likely a fat paycheck to stay in a city he has made very clear he enjoys living in.

I'm sure he's not married to having to be here, but I think people are reaching if they think he's secretly looking to jump off at first opportunity.

I think it's as much as he's been in rebuilding mode now for 5 years, and the hornets are well and truely still in that mode. He's going to be sick of it soon. Jumping to a team like indiana would be a very tempting choice for him. Particularly as he's had a lot of knee problems, so he might not have the longest career there ever was.

Hornet's aren't entirely unappealing though. Depends on whether he wants to win now, or in 2 / 3 years. (could also depend a lot on who they draft).

Also, when did we start calling monty williams a Very Good Coach.

Not saying he's bad, but that's a stretch.

Jonm1010

Banned
So since a lot of us are in tank mode. Who does NBAGaf think are the best prospects to land?

I know Davis is the consensus number 1 - though his size makes me a little worried.

I don't follow enough college to say anything with certainty. Though i did watch a bit of Thomas Robinson - who I think looks good - and caught a good number of UConn games - Drummond scares me but all sorts of experts think he could be beastly, though I don't know.

So what say you?

Jonm1010

Banned
I think it's as much as he's been in rebuilding mode now for 5 years, and the hornets are well and truely still in that mode. He's going to be sick of it soon. Jumping to a team like indiana would be a very tempting choice for him. Particularly as he's had a lot of knee problems, so he might not have the longest career there ever was.

Hornet's aren't entirely unappealing though. Depends on whether he wants to win now, or in 2 / 3 years. (could also depend a lot on who they draft).

Also, when did we start calling monty williams a Very Good Coach.

Not saying he's bad, but that's a stretch.

Eh, I think more than anything he wants money.

I'm pretty sure he'd probably choose a more set team if given complete free choice. But since he's restricted and obviously doesnt completely hate New Orleans, he seems more than cool if New Orleans ends up his defacto home for the present and near future.

I'd say given what Monty has done with this team and the team he had last year he's a very good coach IMO. Though I understand people not quite accepting my opinion given most people have probably seen less than a handful of hornets games this season. I can't think of many coaches that could have done better in this situation and kept their team playing with such energy and determination despite the circumstances.

giri

I'd say given what Monty has done with this team and the team he had last year he's a very good coach IMO. Though I understand people not quite accepting my opinion given most people have probably seen less than a handful of hornets games this season. I can't think of many coaches that could have done better in this situation and kept their team playing with such energy and determination despite the circumstances.

I haven't necessarily sen him out coach anyone though. He's gotten hustle/defensive players to play hard, and i'm sure that locker room is a mess to boot. But ... i don't know, i think i need to see a winning post season run from him before i can say he's that good.

He's certainly far, very far, from being a bad coach.

There's only 5 genuinely very good coaches around that i can think of.

Pop. then a massive gap to doc, thibs, gentry, karl. (maybe add adelman)

Then there's a group that i don't think are necessarily bad, but more flawed than the above, spo, woodson, hollins.

Then you have, i'm not really sure how bad these guys really are, but they've always had talent, scott brooks and mike brown. But you're pretty sure they're flat out bad.

Then you have the erratic ones that are so far between their peaks and troughs, collins, carlisle, Mark jackson ( though he may be in the former), skiles

Then you have the "i think these guys are only care takers until a better coach comes along when the right pieces come together, but at the moment, they're doing a surprisingly ok job" guys, Tyrone Corbin, Frank Vogel (even though he runs the ugliest offense in the league).

I'm not sure where Monty fits into that, i think in that last group. But he'll get another season at least with the hornets before its all said and done, to prove where he belongs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Monty proved he belonged last season.

Anyways... LB finds another unburnt bridge
Southern Methodist University has narrowed its coaching search to Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown and Marquette associate coach Tony Benford.

Brown, 71, reaffirmed his interested in the SMU job.

"I just want to be part of this game," Brown said. "I love being a college coach. Really, the two years I coached as the freshman coach at North Carolina might’ve been the happiest two years of my life. But I love the game and I feel like I have something to give and I want to be part of it.

"I don’t know about games. I’m not crazy about coaching games, but I love practice. ... I always worry about whether my team is prepared for something that might happen, whether we did the job in practice. And that troubled me a little bit. But I love the preparation."

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I won the fantasy basketball championship by 2 points after being the lowest seed in the playoffs! I went out to celebrate last night in a Ron Artest jersey.

I'm so hype right now...

anythings possible..

ANYTHINGS POSSIBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEE

ohmygodjgdfjgdjkdgjkdgjdk

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can definitely see Kobe taking some shower time after a hard fought loss on the road.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...rs-coach-vinny-del-negro-miss-blink-back-wall

LOS ANGELES -- Tension surrounding the Clippers' locker room peaked three weeks ago as reports questioning coach Vinny Del Negro's future with the team surfaced and their once-promising playoff hopes began to fade.

But Del Negro, reflecting extensively about the midseason adversity in an interview Sunday with ESPNLosAngeles.com, was able to keep the distractions at bay while he says he was hearing a different story from within the organization.

"I didn't miss a blink. I kept on my path," Del Negro said. "What has to be done has to be done. I'm Italian. Are you kidding me?"

Del Negro's focus helped the Clippers turn their season around. They won 11 of 13 games and pulled into a comfortable spot in the Western Conference's playoff race.

"Do things irritate me sometimes? Yeah," Del Negro said. "But that doesn't ever stop me from preparing and doing the things I have to do to support my players and do my job.

"I love the challenge of it. I loved it as a player, and I loved it as a coach."

vinny with dat swag

bionic77

So would you guys still not trade the second pick in this draft for Bynum?
This is really the perfect time to trade him. Adande even wrote some article about how Bynum is the best center in the league right now!

Man this years playoffs are going to be awesome.

Jonm1010

Banned
Stern will find a way to keep Gordon in NO.

Stern just wanted to make sure New Orleans got sold and make sure they didn't get moved(for PR reasons). Pretty sure he could give a shit less now about how the team structures itself.

Though if he wants to help us out in the lottery i'd be cool with that.

SamuraiX-

"I've gotta be the only superstar in the league that's going through what I'm going through right now," Rose said at the time, referring to a lack of foul calls in his favor. "But I can't say too much about it."

Oh, God. LOL

So humble. :3

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
attn Bish
The Sacramento Kings might be on the move after all now that their arena deal has fallen apart. But now it seems Seattle has a new, unexpected competitor in its attempt to land an NBA team.

Ric Bucher, an NBA reporter for ESPN, told "The Kevin Calabro Show" on Friday that if the Kings were to leave Sacramento, Vancouver, British Columbia would be a "very viable spot."

"Maybe, quite honestly, the most viable spot right now among places that gets the next NBA franchise that is on the move," Bucher said.

With investor Chris Hansen working to build an arena in Seattle, Vancouver wouldn't seem to be first in line for a relocated franchise, but Bucher said the city has a few things working in its favor.

"They have the corporate infrastructure, they have a building that they can readily move into ... they also have a very hot hockey team there currently," he said, referring to the Canucks, who are in first place in the Northwest Division. "It's a place that [the NBA] doesn't want to give up on."
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=384&sid=661994&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Canuck76

Banned
I haven't necessarily sen him out coach anyone though. He's gotten hustle/defensive players to play hard, and i'm sure that locker room is a mess to boot. But ... i don't know, i think i need to see a winning post season run from him before i can say he's that good.

He's certainly far, very far, from being a bad coach.

There's only 5 genuinely very good coaches around that i can think of.

Pop. then a massive gap to doc, thibs, gentry, karl. (maybe add adelman)

Then there's a group that i don't think are necessarily bad, but more flawed than the above, spo, woodson, hollins.

Then you have, i'm not really sure how bad these guys really are, but they've always had talent, scott brooks and mike brown. But you're pretty sure they're flat out bad.

Then you have the erratic ones that are so far between their peaks and troughs, collins, carlisle, Mark jackson ( though he may be in the former), skiles

Then you have the "i think these guys are only care takers until a better coach comes along when the right pieces come together, but at the moment, they're doing a surprisingly ok job" guys, Tyrone Corbin, Frank Vogel (even though he runs the ugliest offense in the league).

I'm not sure where Monty fits into that, i think in that last group. But he'll get another season at least with the hornets before its all said and done, to prove where he belongs.

Well i don't know. It goes back to the argument of a coach being as good as it's best player. I don't think you can say you need him to win the postseason to see he's a good coach.

The hornets have legitimately come close to killing giants multiple times, they just lacked a go to scorer. Look at how he's developed guys. Jason Smith, Jarret Jack, Benelli. And the team is moving the ball around a lot and getting high quality shots, and running good plays.

Top Bottom