• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

giri

In the Chicago Tribune today, Thibs reminded us that Deng missed 9 games from injury and has gotten plenty of rest.

:]

(also says that they have talked about giving Deng rest and that maybe Deng should practice and not play in games)

Expect the same ballpark of minutes, possibly 5 minutes less per game.

Thibs is literally the person at fault for the bulls not winning it this year.

His minute management has been atrocious.

Raziel

Chris Paul isn't really in his prime right now. He was in his prime 4 years ago, which is still the best statistical season of his career almost across the board. His points and FG% are up this year (though still down from that one season), but his rebounds and assists continue to quietly decline since that 08-09 season (he was once able to pull down 5+ rebounds).

But aside just looking purely at the numbers, you can see he isn't really at his prime watching him play. As Bill Simmons recounted recently, he takes a ton of possessions off either because his knees wont allow him to go hard for 4 quarters or because he voluntarily chooses not to strain them, which ends up hurting the team sometimes because the opposition doesn't look at him as a threat until the 4th quarter. He saves himself during games and is basically saving himself during the season for the playoffs where he'll probably go off like he did last year against LA. Still good but appears limited overall, and prime is arguable.

charsace

I'm picking Nerlens Noel just for his hair.
EOsMf.png

This kid is garbage. He really needs to learn how to play. Next year's draft looks weak to me too.

I don't like Shabazz as much as other people do either. He plays more like a sf than a 2 guard. He's mainly a straight line driver when going to the basket. I think an elite 2 should be able to change directions effectively when driving. He also lacks range.

Duki

Banned
wow @ that pussy derrick rose saying he gets defended too hard

what a little bitch

be taller and stronger if you want to play sg son

“I’m definitely sick of taking hard hits,” Griffin said after the Clippers’ shootaround Monday. “…There’s a point, I can’t remember what game it was, in my mind where I thought this is kind of ridiculous. I’m sick of it, but it’s going to keep on happening.”

The most notable foul Griffin has taken this season happened at New Orleans, where Jason Smith shouldered Griffin to the ground on a fast break, earning an ejection and suspension.
The beating Griffin’s taken around the rim has impacted him on the court.

“It’s affected me this year a lot, especially with the referees,” he said. “I’m just getting frustrated and getting my self in trouble with officials.”

Griffin has been whistled for 11 technical fouls this season, one of which has been rescinded. If Griffin is called for three more technicals this season, he’ll be suspended for one game.

“I won’t let it get to that point,” Griffin said. “You got fouled like that, and a lot of times, it doesn’t get called. That’s frustrating. But that’s on me. It’s not about the fouls. I can’t blame it on the fouls. I have to do a better job of controlling that.”

Griffin’s frustration extends to the flagrant fouls called against him. Griffin has been called for three flagrant one fouls this season. Five flagrant one fouls or three flagrant one fouls and a flagrant two foul would equal another one-game suspension.

“I’ve been called for three flagrant fouls this year, and only one, realistically, could be considered a flagrant foul,” he said.

Griffin speculated that like Rose, players who are strong and attack the rim are targets for harder fouls. He also said his free-throw shooting (51.9 percent) isn’t much of a deterrent. “I’m sure if I was shooting better from the free-throw line, it wouldn’t be such a big deal,” he said. “It probably could eliminate some of them, so I guess it’s kind of my own fault in a sense.”

Griffin, maybe if you flopped like a bitch less....

This kid is garbage. He really needs to learn how to play. Next year's draft looks weak to me too.

I don't like Shabazz as much as other people do either. He plays more like a sf than a 2 guard. He's mainly a straight line driver when going to the basket. I think an elite 2 should be able to change directions effectively when driving. He also lacks range.

Noel only has a couple of years of high school experience...

Fox318

Can't you see a team picking him for the hair?

Maybe Jordan can fill those seats with a Foam High Top Cap giveaway.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Thibs is literally the person at fault for the bulls not winning it this year.

His minute management has been atrocious.

Season's not over, we could still win the chip. If they fail, then yes, we can blame Thibs minutes amongst other things. Otherwise, his coaching has led the Bulls to the best record in the NBA 2 years running.

Deng and Rose both faded in last year's playoffs, but not anymore than the rest of the team. Noah and Boozer both faded, and they had lengthy IR time in 2011.

exarkun

If by compound you mean same city, then yeah, we'll be in separate compounds most likely. We put in an offer on a home a couple of cities north, and we just got countered. My wife and I are trying to decide if it's fair or not.

I really want this one though, because the home arcade would be much bigger.

Stupid rockets. That Jazz loss and the Denver win probably kicked us into the lottery. There's no excuse to lose to the Suns and that late game cold streak in the last three games was ridiculous. Maybe they were tired, but it was still super disappointing.

hey man, i know i give ya shit but i hope ya get the house. I went apartment hunting with the gf before, so i have a tiny inkling of what its like to really want a space cause it fits what you and the misses are all about.

look. I fixed your post. We're so different, yet so alike

giri

Griffin wouldn't have lasted a full season in the early '90s. Barkley and Malone would have broken him in half.

Kemp would have accidentally stepped on his neck at least 3 times.

"if you going to spend most of the time on the ground, i'm going to wipe my feet on you"

Season's not over, we could still win the chip. If they fail, then yes, we can blame Thibs minutes amongst other things. Otherwise, his coaching has led the Bulls to the best record in the NBA 2 years running.

Deng and Rose both faded in last year's playoffs, but not anymore than the rest of the team. Noah and Boozer both faded, and they had lengthy IR time in 2011.

And they both played insane minutes last year.

This is why most sane coaches try to keep players to ~ 32 - 34 mpg.

Its hard to do, but in the course of a season, its well worth it. Particularly as Rose now has Back Spasms, something that is likely to stick with him his whole career. When he gets tired, he's much more likely to aggravate his back.

Raziel

“I’m definitely sick of taking hard hits,” Griffin said after the Clippers’ shootaround Monday. “…There’s a point, I can’t remember what game it was, in my mind where I thought this is kind of ridiculous. I’m sick of it, but it’s going to keep on happening.”
i know exactly the point he's talking about, it was the OKC game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgADbmFLCM

gotta agree with blake, when he's even getting hit by himself, shit is just outta hand.

untitled-342mkgo.gif

"I have a very important job for you Mike. You need to go over there and make sure the gatorades are ready. I don't need you to talk to the players, or the refs, just make sure those gatorades are cold and ready. This is imperative Mike. Can I trust you?"

"I got this, Kobe."

+1

Suck it up and stop flopping. No one is going to stop fouling you hard as long as you keep dunking.

Also, read Shaq's book. Some funny ass stories in there. He also said he came up with the Heatles way back in 06--didn't know that. Hearing him talk about Kobe and the Lakers years was interesting--all that "for the media" shit went right out the window, he described how pissed he was the day after the 04 interview and what happened. Crazy shit.

Also, he used one of the Celtics' coaches as a free weight one day.
And he's not going broke anytime soon, cat has done well with his businesses.

It's a good read, crazy funny at times.

Fox318

untitled-342mkgo.gif

"I have a very important job for you Mike. You need to go over there and make sure the gatorades are ready. I don't need you to talk to the players, or the refs, just make sure those gatorades are cold and ready. This is imperative Mike. Can I trust you?"

"I got this, Kobe."

Mike came back with
HjDct.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

At the beginning of his rookie season, he was fouled as hard as heck for the first three months without getting any calls or retaliating. After he realized the advantage of acting to get more calls, why shouldn't he continue to do it if it paid off?

RBH

untitled-342mkgo.gif

"I got this, Kobe."

:lol :lol

Jeff-DSA

hey man, i know i give ya shit but i hope ya get the house. I went apartment hunting with the gf before, so i have a tiny inkling of what its like to really want a space cause it fits what you and the misses are all about.

look. I fixed your post. We're so different, yet so alike

Bro fist.

Triple U

Banned

The best record means jack shit. Mike Brown did the same thing with 60+ wins.

silar jr? WINNINGTIME

lol wtf

by all means, run your 2nd best player into the dirt before the playoffs even start. what could possibly go wrong

His injury made him damaged goods, resting him isn't going to improve his shooting.

Unless it's resting him for months.

2nd best player???

Korver's fine.

Funny, I find Chris Paul and Blake Griffin to be two of the most likable players in the entire league, which is the main reason I've become such a big Clippers fan. Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised that people here dislike them.

Top Bottom