• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

diehard

Fleer
Haters gonna hate.

At the beginning of his rookie season, he was fouled as hard as heck for the first three months without getting any calls or retaliating. After he realized the advantage of acting to get more calls, why shouldn't he continue to do it if it paid off?

A Rookie in the first few months of his career didn't get calls? Damn son, he had it rough! Clearly everybody should just act, cause it does pay off!

Funny, I find Chris Paul and Blake Griffin to be two of the most likable players in the entire league, which is the main reason I've become such a big Clippers fan. Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised that people here dislike them.

Paul has never been likable, and if you thought he was, you were wrong.

giri

by all means, run your 2nd best player into the dirt before the playoffs even start. what could possibly go wrong

Its not like last year in a more spaced out even schedule, they got gassed and really tired in the play offs.

Or like in this shortened compacted season they haven't had a littany of injuries that have forced players to play absurd minutes and every other contender is looking for ways to get players rest heading into the play offs.

Nope. None of that is happening At All.

Haters gonna hate.

At the beginning of his rookie season, he was fouled as hard as heck for the first three months without getting any calls or retaliating. After he realized the advantage of acting to get more calls, why shouldn't he continue to do it if it paid off?

So... he was a rookie? who didn't get super star whistles? Like every rookie ever? why should we act surprised or slighted? No rookie, particularly bigs, get tons of foul calls. Thats the way its always been.

giri

Funny, I find Chris Paul and Blake Griffin to be two of the most likable players in the entire league, which is the main reason I've become such a big Clippers fan. Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised that people here dislike them.

Paul has never been likable, and if you thought he was, you were wrong.

Basically this. CP3 while not the most vocal douche bag (LBJ) has always been one of the biggest douches in the league. He's never been likable.

Best record doesn't matter when your starters are dead tired come playoff time.

Check out the seedings for Finalists:

2010 : 1st seed West vs 4th seed East

2009: 1st seed west vs 3rd seed East

2008: 1st seed west vs 1st seed east

2007: 3rd seed west vs 2nd seed east

2006: 4th seed west vs 2nd seed east

2005: 2nd seed west vs 2nd seed east

2004: 2nd seed west vs 3rd seed east

2003: 1st seed west vs 2nd seed east

2002: 1st seed west vs 3rd seed east

2001: 2nd seed west vs 1st seed east

2000: 1st seed west vs 1st seed east

Time management is Thibs second biggest flaw behind offensive coordination. Arguments for reverse order of Thibs' flaws are just as valid.

Players need to rest more than their already listed injuries.

Tired legs are tired legs. But hey, let everyone who wants to play the full 48 - that works great

Sure he could use rest for his general body and all that but my point was he's going to be an inconsistent shooter until that injury heals(probably surgery) as all signs have pointed to it clearly messing with his shot.

I'm not against resting Deng at all, they have Jimmy Butler and Brewer to comfortably hold the fort defensively, their offense will just suffer even more than it already does.

Some teams want the top seed, some teams/coaches don't care.

I don't even know if that has anything to do with Thibs playing Deng so much, just think he likes his example and leadership out there to anchor both units.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its the East too. The only good teams are Chicago, Miami, and Chicago without Rose

Duki

Banned
He's been hit in the face several times last two(or more) games, you get the same done to you and continue to act like a fake tough guy.

im a fake tough guy for recognising that a star in todays league complaining its too physical is a joke

lmao

drose and other stars in this league are more protected than i am in fuckin pick up games man

literally embarrassing

drose, bgriff and their ilk are a literal disaster for the future of the nba

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Henderson leading us to the promised land

#barf

edit: on my tits hendo mah gawd dat block

giri

Chicago (46 wins) have got a 2 game buffer on OKC (44 wins), 4 over the heat and spurs(42 wins).

With 6 games to go.

Ideally you want your players to play the last 2 games. Now is the time to rest these guys.

Particularly as they play Washington and Charlotte as the next 2 games. Neither of those teams want any part of winning a game.

They'll literally forfeit if you ask nice enough.

I guess some people really, really hate nice guys.

Who's a nice guy?

Haters gonna hate.

You just defended flopping......

Been a big CP3 fan since his college days. I think he's the best PG since Payton. Love how he plays, minus the flopping. I've finally got to watch him a lot more, and I must say, the flopping is really annoying. I still really like him, though.

I liked Blake last season, but his flopping combined with whining after ever call, even the obvious ones, is turning me against him. I still think he has the potential to be the best PF in the game, love his handles, among other things, but it's one thing for a 6 foot PG to flop, a totally different thing for a really good big man to do so. The defensive flopping kills me and he needs to stop whining. Like a mix of Varajeo and Sheed on D, but without any of the good D part.

giri

I liked Blake last season, but his flopping combined with whining after ever call, even the obvious ones, is turning me against him. I still think he has the potential to be the best PF in the game, love his handles, among other things, but it's one thing for a 6 foot PG to flop, a totally different thing for a really good big man to do so. The defensive flopping kills me and he needs to stop whining. Like a mix of Varajeo and Sheed on D, but without any of the good D part.

The worst part is, i agree, blake still has all the tools. And is obviously trying to add a Jumper to his game to round out his skill set. He's obviously trying. But i'd go as far as to say, he's Amare under D'antoni bad on Defense these days.

You flop, don't get the call, it's an instant basket AND you're late on the offensive set whilst you stand up and whinge to the ref.

I hope you're only referring to Damaged Deng and not Deng Before.

You wanted Howard for Deng, etc...

Herniated Howard!!!

Howard is a great example of why you don't play players into the ground.

Physical specimen. Absolute peak conditioning and tone. Yet he can't take it.

The Wolves are gonna like 1-20 without Love these past 2 seasons.

Empty stats!

The worst part is, i agree, blake still has all the tools. And is obviously trying to add a Jumper to his game to round out his skill set. He's obviously trying. But i'd go as far as to say, he's Amare under D'antoni bad on Defense these days.

You flop, don't get the call, it's an instant basket AND you're late on the offensive set whilst you stand up and whinge to the ref.

All true.

he needs to stop shooting so many jumpers right now. Work on it during summer, then try it out again. No need to force it.

The Jordan/Griffin duo is so bad on D for such an athletic frontcourt. If they just would stop going for highlight plays every time..

I can understand people hating the flopping, even though it's never really bothered me all that much. I think Blake really needs to learn some real defense, but I don't know if that will ever happen.

Jeff-DSA

I really liked Blake Griffin all of last year and into the beginning of this season. Now he just irritates me and I can't stand looking at him.

giri

All true.

he needs to stop shooting so many jumpers right now. Work on it during summer, then try it out again. No need to force it.

The Jordan/Griffin duo is so bad on D for such an athletic frontcourt. If they just would stop going for highlight plays every time..

Said it before. Jordan should be absolutely banned from getting a fast break alley-oop. If he's the first player over the halfcourt line, he should be instantly pulled from the game. It has RUINED him as a defender. He leaks out all the time. your center is leaving his man to try and get a fast break basket. CENTER. And he trys this 5 or 6 times a game.

Its absurd.

VDN really needs to hold the players more accountable on that end.

"Back problems?"

Come on now, we both know that's BS. His attitude would have been fine on this team.

Then why not just say "back problems" and not something specific like "herniated discs", etc...???

Stan Van Gundy or something said he's going to rest 10-14 days and Van Gundy said they are prepared to play in the playoffs without him and Turkeyglue.

Of course that says nothing about them definitely not playing but not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Remains to be seen...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Where can I watch the Miami-Nets game on TV? Yes Channel is taken by the Yankees and there's a blackout message on my League Pass channel where it's supposed to be playing.

I can understand people hating the flopping, even though it's never really bothered me all that much. I think Blake really needs to learn some real defense, but I don't know if that will ever happen.

How can a big man flopping not bother you?

What about the whining? he's seriously arguing every fucking call. Even ones where he clearly fouls someone.

Said it before. Jordan should be absolutely banned from getting a fast break alley-oop. If he's the first player over the halfcourt line, he should be instantly pulled from the game. It has RUINED him as a defender. He leaks out all the time. your center is leaving his man to try and get a fast break basket. CENTER. And he trys this 5 or 6 times a game.

Its absurd.

VDN really needs to hold the players more accountable on that end.

Agree again.

Also, the Clips lose at least 4 points a game on stupid lobs just to get a highlight.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Then why not just say "back problems" and not something specific like "herniated discs", etc...???

Stan Van Gundy or something said he's going to rest 10-14 days and Van Gundy said they are prepared to play in the playoffs without him and Turkeyglue.

Of course that says nothing about them definitely not playing but not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Remains to be seen...
I'd rather risk having an injured Howard in the playoffs than Deng becoming a detriment to the offense. I'm sorry, but you're just not going to convince me that Deng is better for this team than Howard.

Top Bottom