• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
t1m8n.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Magic want to lose to avoid Boston, I think.

I really hope it's Boston-Orlando. Boston-Atl is all kinds of boring. And at least Indy-Atl would be relegated to NBA TV

Yep. There is definitely a tank job between Orlando and Atlanta right now. Damn Philly is gonna ruin this shit :/

untitled-342mkgo.gif

"Kobe can I still be the assistant head coach??
"Yes assistant to the head coach"
"Same thing."
"Not really."

RS: That’s Coach Bryant now. He’s like a coach over there. He’s over there helping everybody out and drawing stuff up on the board. He’s pulling for us over on the side and he’s helping us out tremendously

AB: He’s coming up with plays, watching things that are going on and just telling us where they’re coming from.

These pics tell the whole story.

The worst part is, i agree, blake still has all the tools. And is obviously trying to add a Jumper to his game to round out his skill set. He's obviously trying. But i'd go as far as to say, he's Amare under D'antoni bad on Defense these days.

You flop, don't get the call, it's an instant basket AND you're late on the offensive set whilst you stand up and whinge to the ref.

Yea, this is frustrating, especially because he can be a great defender if he tried.

I'd rather risk having an injured Howard in the playoffs than Deng becoming a detriment to the offense. I'm sorry, but you're just not going to convince me that Deng is better for this team than Howard.

Deng is dead, I'd rather have the old Deng though(as the Bulls would be giving up some key role players along with him).

Boozer and Noah just need to prepare themselves for the ball coming off every angle of the backboard/rim when Deng shoots.

giri

HAgree again.

Also, the Clips lose at least 4 points a game on stupid lobs just to get a highlight.

Yup, they'll fuck up a fast break trying to get a highlight dunk/pass.

Or even in a set play go for an extra pass looking for the spectacular play, instead of taking the easy one on offer.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Deng is dead, I'd rather have the old Deng though(as the Bulls would be giving up some key role players along with him).

Boozer and Noah just need to prepare themselves for the ball coming off every angle of the backboard/rim when Deng shoots.
Of course, we would all prefer the old Deng, but he's historically an injury prone player. Having so much of your offense and defense depend on him is silly. You're right, though, as I wish Noah and Boozer looked for the tip in from Deng shots more often.

Jeff-DSA

Yup, they'll fuck up a fast break trying to get a highlight dunk/pass.

Or even in a set play go for an extra pass looking for the spectacular play, instead of taking the easy one on offer.

Easy plays don't make the siren spin on the highlight reel, do they?

Of course, we would all prefer the old Deng, but he's historically an injury prone player. Having so much of your offense and defense depend on him is silly. You're right, though, as I wish Noah and Boozer looked for the tip in from Deng shots more often.

You need to denounce more players, you called Noah a pussy and look how many offensive boards he had!!!!

I know it was the Pistons but no reason he can't do that against teams like the Heat.

I wonder if it was the most offensive boards this year.

Probably not with Howards and Loves in the NBA.

The M.O.B

Nets arena is filled with smoke because of the opening ceremony, the teams are playing in it but it's almost dissipated now but the first 3 minutes it looked bad.

How can a big man flopping not bother you?

What about the whining? he's seriously arguing every fucking call. Even ones where he clearly fouls someone.

I mean flopping in general. Like I said, he needs to improve his defense, which means being able to be physical inside. Arguing calls is hardly exclusive to the Clippers. I think his main problem is that he works himself to exhaustion nearly every game and is taking shortcuts in the wrong ways. For most of the season, the Clipper bench has been absolutely terrible. As a result, he's been forced to carry the brunt of the offense and rebounding most games. While it would be great for him to get some consistent scoring help, I think he and DeAndre could really help themselves out if they just learn to shoot better free throws. To his credit, Blake said that it's one of the main reasons that he gets fouled so much inside. If he can just get up to 70% free throw shooting, it would be a huge load lifted for him.

Canuck76

Banned
Funny, I find Chris Paul and Blake Griffin to be two of the most likable players in the entire league, which is the main reason I've become such a big Clippers fan. Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised that people here dislike them.

I can see why all the Laker fans hate Paul as he still haunts their dreams with that masterful first round series last year. Give him a player to make it 2 on 5 and he could have possibly won.

But Paul will always have a place in my heart. Dude was a professional throughout the trade crap and never caused any harm to the team. Super great, thanked the whole New Orleans area for his time, always gave it his all even when all he had was trash. I can see how people hate the flops but they're not on a Scola or Wade level to me.

I can see why all the Laker fans hate Paul as he still haunts their dreams with that masterful first round series last year. Give him a player to make it 2 on 5 and he could have possibly won.

But Paul will always have a place in my heart. Dude was a professional throughout the trade crap and never caused any harm to the team. Super great, thanked the whole New Orleans area for his time, always gave it his all even when all he had was trash. I can see how people hate the flops but they're not on a Scola or Wade level to me.

i think most of the CP3 hate comes from Jazz-age who just don't want to admit CP3 is clearly the better player than Deron (Even though Deron is still very good).

And will reply contesting that statement most likely.

edit: Any Lakers-age hate, which I really haven't noticed, is probably Clippers related. Not Hornets related.

Thanks, it's good to see somebody else feels that way. Other than Josh Smith (sorry, that foul and reaction were pretty bad), I really like the New Orleans team too, and I'm glad that you guys have a new owner that should keep the team there for years to come.

Jeff-DSA

i think most of the CP3 hate comes from Jazz-age who just don't want to admit CP3 is clearly the better player than Deron (Even though Deron is still very good).

I don't care who is better. Paul is a douche and Deron's just a bit of a jerk. I'd rather put up with a jerk than a douche.

I don't care who is better. Paul is a douche and Deron's just a bit of a jerk. I'd rather put up with a jerk than a douche.

I'd rather put up with the better player since I don't directly interact with any of them.

I found it quite easy to root for Kobe, who is clearly a fucking asshole.

Canuck76

Banned

Thing is Paul isn't even that much better than Deron. Some nights Deron is legitly better than Paul. That knicks game where he literally dropped 40 on i don't care 3's? I mean no penetration whatsoever, they just pass the ball around until someone misses the rotation and he just put it up. Amazing

giri

edit: Any Lakers-age hate, which I really haven't noticed, is probably Clippers related. Not Hornets related.

CP3 just isn't better.

Take deron all day err day.

CP3 hate though comes from the entire league. He's just a douche.

Thing is Paul isn't even that much better than Deron. Some nights Deron is legitly better than Paul. That knicks game where he literally dropped 40 on i don't care 3's? I mean no penetration whatsoever, they just pass the ball around until someone misses the rotation and he just put it up. Amazing

Tony Delk once scored 50. I wouldn't ever say "some nights Delk is better than CP3."

Of course Deron will have games better than Cp3s average. I do think the chasm is large, though. CP3 is a once in a generation player to me (like I said, best since Payton). There will always be guys about as good as Deron.

CP3 just isn't better.

Take deron all day err day.

CP3 hate though comes from the entire league. He's just a douche.

What does Deron do better than CP3? Except a bit better at man defense.

Jeff-DSA

Tony Delk once scored 50. I wouldn't ever say "some nights Delk is better than CP3."

Of course Deron will have games better than Cp3s average. I do think the chasm is large, though. CP3 is a once in a generation player to me (like I said, best since Payton). There will always be guys about as good as Deron.

I bet you Deron would be putting up better numbers this season than Paul is if the team situation was reversed.

DY_nasty

Deron is clearly a better player imo

i was on the fence until this season, but its become pretty apparent now...

I bet you Deron would be putting up better numbers this season than Paul is if the team situation was reversed.

Deron couldn't do that when the team situations were reversed the last 4 years. What would change, now?

based on what? What has Deron done this year? His play has been mediocre for most of it.

Clippers would be worse than current Nets without Cp3.

charsace

What does Deron do better than CP3? Except a bit better at man defense.

Deron is bigger, better ball handler and better at creating scoring for himself because of his size and ballhandling. Paul is better at creating shots for other people, team defense and a much better shooter. I think its a toss up between the two of them.

Srsly

Banned

Wat? If anything, based on this season, it's the complete opposite. Don't forget that CP3 has to work against the worst coach in the league

its not a stats thing, deron is a notch above paul.

in what way?

You can't just unqualify that statement. Based on what? Even if it ain't stats, I want to know what it is.

Cuz from here, I see him as a worse shooter, finisher, ball handler, passer, leader, etc.

Deron could never had gotten last year's NOH team near the playoffs.

Deron is bigger, better ball handler and better at creating scoring for himself because of his size and ballhandling. Paul is better at creating shots for other people, team defense and a much better shooter. I think its a toss up between the two of them.

How is he a better ball handler? It's impossible to steal the ball from CP3's dribble...

edit: i'm going home, will respond later.
Yes, Deron is bigger. I don't think he's the better scorer. Cp3 is top 3 in 4th quarter scoring for a reason...

I don't even think Paul is better at creating shots at this point. He definitely was in the past, and some of the offensive issues fall on Vinny, but I can't say that they're on the same level after this season.

Have you watched him in the 4th? All he does is create shots for himself...

DY_nasty

I don't even think Paul is better at creating shots at this point. He definitely was in the past, and some of the offensive issues fall on Vinny, but I can't say that they're on the same level after this season.

Canuck76

Banned

I disagree about the ball handling part but yeah. Deron is more of a natural scorer while Paul is more of a pure PG and will make his teammates better.

DY_nasty

Yeah, in the fourth its all Paul or bust.

As for what makes me say that... I don't know. But I know point guards. meh

Paul kinda let me down this year in a lot of ways.

aznpxdd

I definitely think its toss-up between two. But I personally rather have Paul on my team since it seems he's easier to build around.

DY_nasty

I disagree about the ball handling part but yeah. Deron is more of a natural scorer while Paul is more of a pure PG and will make his teammates better.

That's what I expected - but its not the case. Outside of Foye and maybe 1 other guy, who's really got better? The Clippers are better because Paul provides stability at the point, they don't have a suicidal opening schedule, and Paul knows how to close games. Who's got better since he's been there? Shit, Griffin looks like he may have even taken a step back this year and Jordan has gone full retard. Caron can't even spot up correctly.

I know a lot of it is on Vinny though

charsace

in what way?

You can't just unqualify that statement. Based on what? Even if it ain't stats, I want to know what it is.

Cuz from here, I see him as a worse shooter, finisher, ball handler, passer, leader, etc.

Deron could never had gotten last year's NOH team near the playoffs.

How is he a better ball handler? It's impossible to steal the ball from CP3's dribble...

edit: i'm going home, will respond later.
Yes, Deron is bigger. I don't think he's the better scorer. Cp3 is top 3 in 4th quarter scoring for a reason...

The other stuff is arguable, but that's just asinine

Deron is by far the better ball handler. Deron is bigger, stronger, has longer arms. All this gives him a better power dribble game and helps him keep defenders away from the ball. He also has the best crossover and crossover variation in basketball. Deron's dribble footwork is the best around. He hits people with hand to hand and through the leg crossovers from positions that look real awkward because of his footwork. And some of the crossovers that Deron can pull off couldn't be done by Paul(at least on a regular basis) because of the knee.

I never said Deron is better than Paul. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally I do prefer Deron though because with his physical attributes he has a another way to dominate guys that Paul lacks.

Srsly

Banned
Yeah, in the fourth its all Paul or bust.

As for what makes me say that... I don't know. But I know point guards. meh

Paul kinda let me down this year in a lot of ways.

1. Del Negro is completely awful

2. Their bigs don't play much defense, and the Clips aren't great at defense, in general. Their best defender is a bench player who came later into the season (Kmart).

3. As nice as it is to be able to throw lobs to Griffin and Jordan, it would help if they had one big that could consistently hit a mid-range jumper. This is what they are really missing on offense. It's a lot easier to defend the PnR when the only real option for the big is to cut to the basket.

Top Bottom