• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
can we get a refund on kemba?
1. Del Negro is completely awful

2. Their bigs don't play much defense, and the Clips aren't great at defense, in general. Their best defender is a bench player who came later into the season (Kmart).

3. As nice as it is to be able to throw lobs to Griffin and Jordan, it would help if they had one big that could consistently hit a mid-range jumper. This is what they are really missing on offense. It's a lot easier to defend the PnR when the only real option for the big is to cut to the basket.

This is all 100% true.

edit: noh/cha 2-18 on the quarter combined. tankball

Srsly

Banned
Deron is by far the better ball handler. Deron is bigger, stronger, has longer arms. All this gives him a better power dribble game and helps him keep defenders away from the ball. He also has the best crossover and crossover variation in basketball. Deron's dribble footwork is the best around. He hits people with hand to hand and through the leg crossovers from positions that look real awkward because of his footwork. And some of the crossovers that Deron can pull off couldn't be done by Paul(at least on a regular basis) because of the knee.

Chris Paul has never had a TOV% as high as Deron Williams. The difference this year is pretty huge (11.1% vs 16.7%).

giri

I disagree about the ball handling part but yeah. Deron is more of a natural scorer while Paul is more of a pure PG and will make his teammates better.

See, i'd disagree with that.

Deron can score in a few different ways, but he's just as much a pure point.

The amount of CP3 iso's is insane.

It's not necessarily a bad play. But it's not a great one. He does at least use the PnR to get a big on him in a mis-match.

Also, CP3 is a gambler on defense. One of the biggest gamblers in the league. He's not good for either team or man D.

Chris Paul has never had a TOV% as high as Deron Williams. The difference this year is pretty huge (11.1% vs 16.7%).

Thats a radical way to make the comparison. Half of derons team mates can't catch a basketball. That's Deandre Jordons premiere skill at the moment.

Can't say I agree about Deron having better ball handling than CP. CP easily has the best handle in the league and his ability to keep his dribble alive is why he kills teams most of the time. They commit a lot of the D to get the ball out of his hands but he doesn't lose it and sees the open man 90% of the time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
how many times can kemba airball? cut this bitch

2-27 both teams combined for this quarter omfg

Officially?

I've been said that our beastin on shitty teams meant nothing.

We are who I thought we were

and we need to miss the playoffs.

I remember you struggling with Philly's early success at the beginning of the season. Not sure what to make of their dismantling of shit teams and getting beat by good ones.

4.jpg

"Knux.....had a hard life."

The M.O.B

Lol, I figured I wouldn't be watching much of this MIA vs NJN game but I turn it back on and Heat trail by 9 and are making Humphris look like a hof'er.

lulz we gonna lose this, might as well take everyone out, we got nothing to gain.

Onemic

Can't say I agree about Deron having better ball handling than CP. Dwade easily has the best handle in the league and his ability to keep his dribble alive is why he kills teams most of the time. They commit a lot of the D to get the ball out of his hands but he doesn't lose it and sees the open man 90% of the time.

Fixed

Top Bottom