• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

I'd rather play Philly in the first round than the Knicks so I hope this happens. There would just be too much hoopla and the Knicks just match up well against the Bulls.

I agree totally. The Knicks are one of the few teams in the East that scare me as far as playoff matchups. Let the Heat and them go at it.

giri

More likely: Celtics catching the Pacers or Indy passing Miami?

Neither.

Indi should get 4 of their last 5

Heat should get 4 of their last 6 (after the nets game)

Celts should get 3 of 5

Unless the heat completely lose the plot the top 3 in the east will stay the same.

Yeah, in the fourth its all Paul or bust.

As for what makes me say that... I don't know. But I know point guards. meh

Paul kinda let me down this year in a lot of ways.

I don't understand how, really. He's been amazing from what I've seen and I've seen him a lot.

That's what I expected - but its not the case. Outside of Foye and maybe 1 other guy, who's really got better? The Clippers are better because Paul provides stability at the point, they don't have a suicidal opening schedule, and Paul knows how to close games. Who's got better since he's been there? Shit, Griffin looks like he may have even taken a step back this year and Jordan has gone full retard. Caron can't even spot up correctly.

I know a lot of it is on Vinny though

Is this your argument. The "make other players better" thing?

uh, Griffin is better on offense this year. His efficiency is up (55% fg vs 51%). The only reason Griffin's scoring is down is his FT% which cannot, in any way, be attributed to CP3.

I think people thought Griff would take a massive leap this year and are disappointed he hasn't. And his D blows. But offensively, despite taking too many jumpers, he is an improved offensive player (outside FT%). He's way more in control in the post, for example.

DeAndre is also somewhat improved (not including his FT%). His FG% is almost 65% and while lower than last season, he is a starter (opposed to 2nd unit guy) and has taken more shots per game.

Foye improved, as you mentioned. The only other player to discuss is Butler (Mo plays off the bench). But I called Butler regressing and he is coming off a major knee injury. I don't think there's anything Deron, Cp3, or Magic Johnson could have done to change Caron. Either he'll be back better next year when his knee stabilized, or Caron Gomes it is forever, as I called this offseason.

And Del Negro is a moron.

Anyway, Deron wouldn't be doing any better in LA. He'd personally play worse and so would everyone else. I'm going to say it, Clips don't make the playoffs with Deron over CP3.

charsase said:
Deron is by far the better ball handler. Deron is bigger, stronger, has longer arms. All this gives him a better power dribble game and helps him keep defenders away from the ball. He also has the best crossover and crossover variation in basketball. Deron's dribble footwork is the best around. He hits people with hand to hand and through the leg crossovers from positions that look real awkward because of his footwork. And some of the crossovers that Deron can pull off couldn't be done by Paul(at least on a regular basis) because of the knee.

Deron is bigger and stronger, but he loses his dribble way more often than CP3. I don't even understand how this is up for debate. CP3 is by far and away the best ball handler in the NBA. He gets into the spots on the floor he wants to go with a low dribble that no one can reach.

I don't give a fuck about crossover. It doesn't lead to him being a better player.

Deron loses his dribble or is stolen from his dribble twice as often as CP3 is. Twice.

Jeff said:
CP3 is a good ball handler, but half of this he's incapable of doing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNKNu4j_y1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DOPxDeGE20

Not that it matters. being able to be more flashy doesn't mean shit on who is a better ball handler. Cp3 dribbles the ball a lot more than Deron and loses it a lot less often and gets inside the 15 foot range a lot more, too.

giri said:
Thats a radical way to make the comparison. Half of derons team mates can't catch a basketball. That's Deandre Jordons premiere skill at the moment.

Deron's best season has never been close to as good as Cp3's worst, TOV% wise. You act like Deron has only ever been on New Jersey. You forget about his Utah days already when he was on a good team? CP3 turned it over a lot less last season with scrubs than Deron did on a 55+ win team.

The amount of CP3 iso's is insane.

It's not necessarily a bad play. But it's not a great one. He does at least use the PnR to get a big on him in a mis-match.

The reason they run CP3 isos is because Blake/Martin/Jordan can't shoot FTs. If he dumps the ball to Blake with 2 min left, the other team will simply foul him if he sniffs the basket.

And no other player besides those 2 can create their own shot besides Mo, who often is on the bench because he's too small to defend 2 guards alongside CP3.

Honestly, it's their only play they can run at the end.

The M.O.B

I wonder is Spo has the gut to leave Lebron out and let our dynamic duo of Chalmers and Cole take care of this game.

EDIT: No lebron after the timeout, your learning Spo.
EDIT2: Too bad Chalmers isn't.
EDIT3: 5 minutes left in game now Lebron is in. You tried Spo :/

Vahagn

Pop gonna ruin our tank :(

He wants them fresh against LA. He usually doesn't play his stars against Phil Jackson LA in the regular season because he knows he's 1-5 against Phil in the playoffs and wants the mind games.

This time, it reversed. Lakers trounced them without Kobe, they can't afford to get trounced again, Pop wants that W tomorrow

Pop gonna ruin our tank :(

What is this bullshit? 1st game of a b2b2b2b they tank? Tank the LAL game, Pop!

I guess being embarrassed means they want to win in LA to gain confidence? What if Lakers wi, anyway, though? Isn't that even worse?

I was hoping Pop would tank our game, play the other 2. Sigh.

I wonder is Spo has the gut to leave Lebron out and let our dynamic duo of Chalmers and Cole take care of this game.

EDIT: No lebron after the timeout, your learning Spo.
EDIT2: Too bad Chalmers isn't.
EDIT3: 5 minutes left in game now Lebron is in. You tried Spo :/

He had to stay the course

lol, joel anthony turns it over trying to throw to JAMES JONES IN THE POST and then gives up the and 1

giri

I'm not even going to get into the CP3 argument with you again, we simply (and many others are on both sides) disagree on who is better.

They're so similar, and so close, that you can't just look purely at the stats, even in past years.You have to compare the systems and team styles. CP3 has always been a stats monster. And he's obviously very good.

I'd just rather Deron, as i think he's better.

Vahagn

I'm not even going to get into the CP3 argument with you again, we simply (and many others are on both sides) disagree on who is better.

They're so similar, and so close, that you can't just look purely at the stats, even in past years.You have to compare the systems and team styles. CP3 has always been a stats monster. And he's obviously very good.

CP3 is better I think

But like you, I would still rather have Deron.

But even the non-stat arguments are in CP3's favor. Deron played in Sloan's system and couldn't even be better than CP3 under VDN, Scott, or Monty.

I don't think they're similar at all. I think Deron is a very good player and CP3 is an all-timer when it's all said and done. CP3's command of a basketball game is superb.

It's like people trying to argue Bynum is as good as Dwight.

Whatever. You think melo > bron, too.

aznpxdd

LeBron being clutch. What?

But even the non-stat arguments are in CP3's favor. Deron played in Sloan's system and couldn't even be better than CP3 under VDN, Scott, or Monty.

I don't think they're similar at all. I think Deron is a very good player and CP3 is an all-timer when it's all said and done. CP3's command of a basketball game is superb.

It's like people trying to argue Bynum is as good as Dwight.

Whatever. You think melo > bron, too.

That's a terrible analogy to use in the CP3 vs. Deron arguement, breh.

diehard

Fleer

Huh? The only non-stat argument there are is subjectivity and wins. Deron has won more than Paul.

Saying that you would take Deron over CP3 is like saying that you would take Drexler over Jordan

I don't seem to remember Jordan getting owned consistently by one of his contemporaries, so no, it isnt.

Saying that you would take Deron over CP3 is like saying that you would take Drexler over Jordan

I was trying to think of the right comparison. This is pretty good.

Miami should just shut it down til postseason, for the most part.

Huh? The only non-stat argument there are is subjectivity and wins. Deron has won more than Paul.

Deron playing with a much better team. CP3 on Utah makes the Finals once at least.

Would be like saying Horry > Webber. horry won more!

good to know Lebron is aggressive in the 4th without Wade against the Nets sans Deron while Humphries is defending him.

baby steps....

And Deron doesn't get embarrassed by Billups like Paul was.

No, he gets embarrassed by Fisher...

Top Bottom