• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Vahagn

I was trying to think of the right comparison. This is pretty good.

Miami should just shut it down til postseason, for the most part.

Deron playing with a much better team. CP3 on Utah makes the Finals once at least.

Would be like saying Horry > Webber. horry won more!

You're giving CP3 far too much credit. And as for Sloan's system...Jazz Age should be able to back me up on this, but Sloan's system isn't like the way CP3 or Nash plays.

Those guys have the ball in their hands and probe and probe till they find something. Deron in Sloan's system used to pass to the wings at the beginning of the play and then the wings would do an entry pass or a pnr quite often

It's like playing in the triangle, your assist numbers generally go down because it's predicated on ball movement, and not on one guy creating everything for everyone else.

CP3 may be the better "prober" and decision maker, but Deron is every bit as good of a playmaker and team leader...

And that Jazz team over-achieved in 2007. There's no way they beat SA with CP3 instead of Deron in the WCF...that's just silly

diehard

Fleer
omg Delonte West is a total bitch

should be ejected

Delonte so mad, must have just found out an IQ of 80 isn't really a good thing.

DJ88

Amazing! It's unbelievable how different James plays when Wade isn't. It's unfortunate that the "where's James in the 4th?" crowd of best gaf is missing this and will conveniently pretend it doesn't exist.

16 straight 4th qtr points by Lebron James!

Pretty awesome tank job by the Nets

They're actually trying, otherwise they lose their pick LOL

Amazing! It's unbelievable how different James plays when Wade isn't. It's unfortunate that the "where's James in the 4th?" crowd of best gaf is missing this and will conveniently pretend it doesn't exist.

Bron disappears in the 4th when it matters. No one has questioned Bron's regular season theatrics.

Vire

To be fair, it's the Nets. But yeah, pretty amazing performance.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You're giving CP3 far too much credit. And as for Sloan's system...Jazz Age should be able to back me up on this, but Sloan's system isn't like the way CP3 or Nash plays.

Those guys have the ball in their hands and probe and probe till they find something. Deron in Sloan's system used to pass to the wings at the beginning of the play and then the wings would do an entry pass or a pnr quite often

It's like playing in the triangle, your assist numbers generally go down because it's predicated on ball movement, and not on one guy creating everything for everyone else.

CP3 may be the better "prober" and decision maker, but Deron is every bit as good of a playmaker and team leader...

And that Jazz team over-achieved in 2007. There's no way they beat SA with CP3 instead of Deron in the WCF...that's just silly

Sloan's system creates chances but it also stiffles it's players. CP3 wouldn't have been a great fit for it..

Onemic

Disclaimer: on the Nets with no Dwill

Vahagn

No one argues that he never shows up genius.

We argue that the best player on the planet shouldn't disappear from those situations AT ALL, yet he disappears at least as often as he shows up.

And, kudos on comparing a regular season game with practically no playoff implications to boot with 6 straight finals games where he averaged 2 points in the fourth quarter.

After 1984, Magic Johnson was Tragic Johnson until he performed in the Finals during pressure late game situations...and games in early April didn't, and SHOULDN'T have changed that

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

We argue that the best player on the planet shouldn't disappear from those situations AT ALL, yet he disappears at least as often as he shows up.
And, kudos on comparing a regular season game with practically no playoff implications to boot with 6 straight finals games where he averaged 2 points in the fourth quarter.

You agrue that.. most sane people say he should shrink as often as he does..

I said at least once, didn't say what season.

Also, Deron turns it over a lot less despite handling the ball less, as you describe. You're making my argument for me.

Cp3 is asked to do more than Deron (at least in Utah) and he's been better at it. That makes him a lot better.

Statistically, there is no argument. Non-statistically, the arguments make no sense. It's all based on bias with no real substance.

For instance: "CP3 may be the better "prober" and decision maker, but Deron is every bit as good of a playmaker and team leader..."

Total contradiction. You can't be a better decision maker and be as good a playmaker...

You're underestimating how good CP3 is.

Mike Smith of Clippers broadcast just said he would rather Clippers be 4 and play Memphis than be 3 and play Dallas.

lol?

Excuses for not getting the 3 seed or is that really what he believes?

CP3 dribbles for 20 seconds until he finds a shooter, it looks excellent on his AST-TOV ratio's

And his team's offensive efficiency.

DJ88

Yeah I'm not denying there's times he does disappear and defer. But when those happen some people act like he NEVER shows up in the 4th.

It makes those disappearing acts all the more frustrating when you see how good he can be. James needs to stop letting Wade's presence on the floor stop him from doing things like tonight.

Yeah I'm not denying there's times he does disappear and defer. But when those happen some people act like he NEVER shows up in the 4th.

It makes those disappearing acts all the more frustrating when you see how good he can be. James needs to stop letting Wade's presence on the floor stop him from doing things like tonight.

He won't be defended by Humphries in the playoffs, either.

giri

Sloan's system creates chances but it also stiffles it's players. CP3 wouldn't have been a great fit for it..

That, is actually, its biggest flaw.

The ball needed to be in their best players hands more often.

I loved sloans system. I think it's great, but he needed to refine it to suit the players he had at each generation, more.

Its so odd. Having 2 great playmakers as well as a good big man actually seems to make the end of the game tougher for the Heat. Or something.

I think it's much easier to build a championship team around melo, and that therefor makes him more valuable, yes.

As i said, not getting into it on the PG's.

If it's easier to build a championship team around Melo then he must have had the worst GMs of all time his entire career

Vahagn

We can both agree with that. And no, no one thinks he never shows up. He does, but he hasn't shown up when it mattes most, and he has a penchant for choking that most people as skilled as him, don't have.

Also, Bron is a frontrunner, he's usually great when his team's up...rarely great when his team's down 10+ points in the fourth and he needs to take over and finish the game off. Two totally different levels of pressure imo

Blackace said:
You agrue that.. most sane people say he should shrink as often as he does..

Really? I don't think there are very many people who think his disappearing acts are perfectly normal behavior. It seems like fanboy rationalizations and excuses to me

uuuh no, not really.

This is literally the only year he has had a team with better efficiency than Deron has. Only year it has even been all that close, really...

Don't think you understood my claim. I said that play is good on his team's offensive efficiency. I didn't say his team's total OEff > Deron's.

For instance, last season playing with complete scrubs, it was 109 per 100. Without him it was 98 per 100. That's from really good offense to really bad offense.

Deron has played with better teammates. Cp3 never had a supporting cast that Deron had in Utah. Of course Deron's TEAM had a better OEff. Cp3's best players on offense were Peja dn West. Deron had Boozer, Millsap, AK47, Korver, Okur.

Cp3 is up to 113.5 in a lockout year (where all offense is down) and he has just Griffin. DeAndre can only dunk, Butler and Foye can barely shoot.

edit: Put it this way. deron's best OEff is 113, like CP3. Only he played with Matthews, boozer, Millsap, Okur, and brewer mostly to get it. Compared to Griffin, Butler, Foye, Jordan, Kenyon martin, Reggie Evans. It a lockout year. When all offense is down.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
choke city baby

Top Bottom