• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

SamuraiX-

I seriously don't know who I would want in this draft anymore. There's nobody in the lottery who would actually be good enough to replace any of our starters besides Unibrow and MKG. Maybe Barnes?

*sigh*

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Pure?

He may have taken advantage of his size more, but he still flaunted his mobility when he felt like it. Jones is just a worse version of Beasley. Less crazy though (arguably).

Pure for NCAA...

He rebounded way better as well....

charsace

MKG is the best wing available. That simple to me really...

Larry Brown spends every night alone in a dark room with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a loaded pistol in the other.

Terrence Jones reminds me of Beasley - with less range and confidence. I haven't forgotten how Robinson shit all over him though.

It took you this long to realize barnes is over hyped? I realized this kid was over hyped half way through is freshman season.

Terrence Jones doesn't remind me of Beasley...doesn't like the face up as much as him and will transition a lot better to SF. He'll be a solid slasher that can board a little bit at the next level.

Blackace

Terrence Jones doesn't remind me of Beasley...doesn't like the face up as much as him and will transition a lot better to SF. He'll be a solid slasher that can board a little bit at the next level.

He is not even the best jones in the draft

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jones is... well, he's the definition of a gamble imo
It took you this long to realize barnes is over hyped? I realized this kid was over hyped half way through is freshman season.

There was never a point where I said he wasn't.

HOWEVER - I still believe, like the majority of UNC fans, that Roy Williams guarded him better than anyone else in the country. There locker room shit wasn't a secret. Neither is his coaching philosophy post-KU. He's a good player. Just not a franchise saving player. He should never have been a top 3 pick.

Blackace

I think the UCONN players might be the two best in the draft..

I like Andre and Lamb..

He is not even the best jones in the draft

Hopefully you're not talking about Perry Jones...

Other than Davis I wouldn't be surprised if Terrence had the best +/- on Kentucky. He got out on the break a ton, slapped a ton of balls loose and got a lot of 50/50 balls and rebounds with his toughness. He took a back seat offensively this year. He'll be a solid pick up for a team picking a bit late.

HOWEVER - I still believe, like the majority of UNC fans, that Roy Williams guarded him better than anyone else in the country. There locker room shit wasn't a secret. Neither is his coaching philosophy post-KU. He's a good player. Just not a franchise saving player. He should never have been a top 3 pick.

Perry is way too passive to ever become anything.

Barnes to UNC and Austin Rivers to Duke were 2 of the dumbest commitments I've seen in a while. None of those programs fit the player.

With that said Roy wasn't too blame. Barnes is passive and his first step is worst than Matt Barnes. I'm not sure he's better than Matt.

Blackace

Also Damian Lillard is the next Tim Hardaway*

*Or Jennings...

I like Andre and Lamb..

No reason to reach for potential in this draft. I would take Withey and Meyers Leonard over Drummond right now. It's extremely hard to break out of the AAU mentality...Wall is struggling to improve his IQ after not learning basketball for 95% of his career and Drummond will face the same problem.

Blackace

No reason to reach for potential in this draft. I would take Withey and Meyers Leonard over Drummond right now. It's extremely hard to break out of the AAU mentality...Wall is struggling to improve his IQ after not learning basketball for 95% of his career and Drummond will face the same problem.

No way, the dude has a chance to be really special... Why not shoot for the moon? He has Kemp/STAT like bounce... At the worst he becomes Swift, which would suck... But he has a chance to be dope.. Just like Wall...

He might have the most "upside" in the draft..

DY_nasty

Barnes to UNC and Austin Rivers to Duke were 2 of the dumbest commitments I've seen in a while. None of those programs fit the player.

With that said Roy wasn't too blame. Barnes is passive and his first step is worst than Matt Barnes. I'm not sure he's better than Matt.
Both of those commitments were about the program more than the coach or system... terrible decision by those guys.

No way, the dude has a chance to be really special... Why not shoot for the moon? He has Kemp/STAT like bounce... At the worst he becomes Swift, which would suck... But he has a chance to be dope.. Just like Wall...

He might have the most "upside" in the draft..

I won't count anything out...I mean T-Rob played behind the Morris Twins for two years before he got his chance to shine...I just hate having to pay a guy millions to teach him the fundamentals of basketball...

Blackace

I won't count anything out...I mean T-Rob played behind the Morris Twins for two years before he got his chance to shine...I just hate having to pay a guy millions to teach him the fundamentals of basketball...

I don't pay Em shit...

Also it just clicks for some bigs.. Like Stat,D12, or Kemp...

I really don't know what Drummond's offensive upside is. When you can't make layups or free throws and airball jumphooks (and do that 100% of the time as well) in college, there may be way too much to learn how to do to become competent. It would be a pretty huge surprise if he averages 13 PPG or more in the NBA imo.

And T Jones is good defensively and actually has PF-size so I think he'll be way better than Beasley.

Blackace

I really don't know what Drummond's offensive upside is. When you can't make layups or free throws and airball jumphooks (and do that 100% of the time as well) in college, there may be way too much to learn how to do to become competent. It would be a pretty huge surprise if he averages 13 PPG or more in the NBA imo.

And T Jones is good defensively and actually has PF-size so I think he'll be way better than Beasley.

His FT are a real concern...

Personally his numbers outside of that weren't bad for a freshman.. Hopefully he has the will to want more...

LuchaShaq

Banned

Thing is Barnes went from over hyped to under hyped. People acting like he is some scrub are insane. Dude will probably never make an all star team but I'd be shocked if he wasn't a solid starter/sixth man for a decade. A young Stephen Jackson but less balls (has big pluses and minuses there) with better shooting/less shooting with a better shot selection. Dude will be under rated/under paid his first contract or two and then get an insane granger/Turk/Lewis deal and be overpaid as fuck.

If he is an all star, or not a 13-18 ppg guy most of his career after his rookie year I'd be shocked either way.

His FT are a real concern...

Personally his numbers outside of that weren't bad for a freshman.. Hopefully he has the will to want more...

His numbers aren't bad, but he killed UConn's offensively. Teams didn't pay any attention to him because they knew if he got passed the ball, he would either miss a layup or throw a pass that was either terrible and a turnover or just led UConn to reset the offense. His efficiency was pretty horrible for a guy who didn't take shots further than five feet from the basket. He can really defend pick-and-roll and block shots, but I think his offensive ceiling may be Tyson Chandler where he just dunks.

DY_nasty

Thing is Barnes went from over hyped to under hyped. People acting like he is some scrub are insane. Dude will probably never make an all star team but I'd be shocked if he wasn't a solid starter/sixth man for a decade. A young Stephen Jackson but less balls (has big pluses and minuses there) with better shooting/less shooting with a better shot selection. Dude will be under rated/under paid his first contract or two and then get an insane granger/Turk/Lewis deal and be overpaid as fuck.

If he is an all star, or not a 13-18 ppg guy most of his career after his rookie year I'd be shocked either way.
pretty much exactly how I feel

Blackace

His numbers aren't bad, but he killed UConn's offensively. Teams didn't pay any attention to him because they knew if he got passed the ball, he would either miss a layup or throw a pass that was either terrible and a turnover or just led UConn to reset the offense. His efficiency was pretty horrible for a guy who didn't take shots further than five feet from the basket. He can really defend pick-and-roll and block shots, but I think his offensive ceiling may be Tyson Chandler where he just dunks.

Tyson became a lot better... And if somehow Andre got paired with a good coach and PG he could be real nasty

tankstandings2April_medium.jpg

My prediction: Warriors are going to have at least the 7th worst record
only to have someone with a better record leapfrogging us to get the 1st overall pick- sending our pick to Utah

LuchaShaq

Banned
Tyson became a lot better... And if somehow Andre got paired with a good coach and PG he could be real nasty

A young guy like Drummund the coach/environment is everything.

If he goes to Sacramento? Dude will be a waste of talent/out of shape/overpaid dude his whole career.

But if he went to Houston or Denver? Dude might have a shot at actually becoming a solid player.

Blackace

A young guy like Drummund the coach/environment is everything.

If he goes to Sacramento? Dude will be a waste of talent/out of shape/overpaid dude his whole career.

But if he went to Houston or Denver? Dude might have a shot at actually becoming a solid player.

Yeah, agreed.. But bottom line is he has to want to become one of the greatest..

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ugh, I forgot to post after getting back from the Bulls game. We need Rose back bad.
Funny thing is I actually believe that the Bulls would have won if Rip hadn't played, lol. Also, I wish Thibs knew what he was doing on offense. How he allowed Lucas, Watson, and Korver to just keep chucking shots while Deng, Boozer, and Noah were playing well is beyond me.

Redux

Banned
draftstandingspic/IMG]

My prediction: Warriors are going to have at least the 7th worst record [spoiler]only to have someone with a better record leapfrogging us to get the 1st overall pick- sending our pick to Utah[/spoiler].[/QUOTE]

Kyrie should just sit out the rest of the year (has the ROTY locked up.) Cavs have a chance to drop even lower.

charsace

And the first freshmen to be a first team preseason all american. Way to ruin the first time.

Terence Jones is a guy I would pass on. He seems to be an asshole and thinks he's better than what he actually is. Kid thinks he can be a big 3 when he's a 4 with a little bit of perimeter game.

charsace

I like Andre and Lamb..

Lamb is the second best prospect in the draft. He a great athlete and his first step will be one of the best in the NBA. And he's a really good ball handler. Now here's a guy that has a case for his team sucking. Besides him everyone else was mediocre at best. Napier is straight up trash. He would fit in with the guards on Baylor who were obviously auditioning for the NBA first and playing to win games second.

Drummond is soft as hell. He's a prime example of what's wrong with high school hoops. This kid was done a great disservce by his coaches in HS and AAU. You see all these HS highlights of this kid dancing around on the perimeter and have to ask yourself, "WTF?!?" 6'11 260 lbs and you have him dancing around like a guard? They should have told this kid to always run to a block, get position and wreck shop.

Rivers is going to be nice pickup for someone. He's the best PnR player in this draft. He's a selfish asshole, but he at least realizes what skills are needed for a guy to be one of the top offensive options on an NBA team. The question is will he learn how to play with a team outside of PnR situations? Or deal with people in general because he's the biggest asshole I've seen in a good while.

Two guys to watch are Terrence Ross(better prospect than Barnes imo and could be better than Barnes and MKG in the NBA) and Tony Wroten Jr. Both guys are athletic and have games that are made for the NBA.

Top Bottom