• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

I know you're part of the "Lebron is the greatest ever" fanclub.

But it's simple. He is the most talented player in the league but he gets empty stats all the times and he rarely dominates a game.

But, by all means, it's still more complimentary of Lebron than calling AK-47 "like lebron james" lol

Just was comparing personality and tried to shoehorn in playstyle stuff since it was a boring lockout time.

And I almost never praise LeBron, but some of these criticisms don't make sense and are more about confirmation bias and false narratives than anything else.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Not worried because it could be worse.

Noah and Boozer are fine, Rip seems fine now, Derrick has a minor aggravation of a minor injury.

Only Deng being deceased concerns me for the playoffs.

I'm just pissed because I'm not sure about the #1 seed now.

Bulls' remaining 6 games aren't absurdly hard nor easy.

Kobe is more injured than any Bulls player.
Kobe has proven over and over again that he can play very well through injuries. No Bulls player has shown that.

Vahagn

It's hard to get 40 point games when you share the ball with Wade and mostly blow out crappy teams.

Generally speaking, you score 40 because you have to against mediocre teams. I get your point, but I think you're missing a big component. Melo scoring 40 because he has to score 40. Lebron scores 30, team up 15, and he can chill.

In '08-09, Kobe only had 4 40 point games. Lakers won 65 games that year. It's hard to score 40 on a really good team because you're often too far ahead or have too many good players to utilize on O.

and 08 09 Kobe missed the fourth quarter often, we blew out teams like crazy, and we were driven. But I wasn't stupid enough to call it his greatest individual season.

This is being heralded as Lebron's greatest individual season despite the fact that he rarely dominates a game because all they do is blow people out, or he disappears in the fourth...and it's being heralded as some amazing season because? His FG% is through the roof?

His team loses a ton of close games, he misses seemingly every clutch last second shot, and his team goes through insane lulls of losing (that the 08-09 lakers never did) and he doesn't will them out of it consistently enough. He's had plenty of opportunities in the last 2 months to dominate all the games they've lost and will them to a victory, and he hasn't.

Who cares about his PER, he's coasting along in half the games, the team destroys opponents in transition and at the line, and he rarely takes over a game on the offensive side of the ball even when they're losing. His defense, that's been other worldly, but his offense...for him, has been very good but not dominant.

Not worried because it could be worse.

Noah and Boozer are fine, Rip seems fine now, Derrick has a minor aggravation of a minor injury.

Only Deng being deceased concerns me for the playoffs.

I'm just pissed because I'm not sure about the #1 seed now.

Bulls' remaining 6 games aren't absurdly hard nor easy.

Kobe is more injured than any Bulls player.

Kobe by all accounts will be as healthy as Kobe can be these days come playoff time.

Deng will be a ghost and Rose could miss a few games. Luckily the supporting cast of the Bulls could probably beat their 8th seed match up without them but when The Bulls get deeper do you seriously think Rose can maintain? Deng needs rest and Thibs is laughing while he doubles over on the court. The shitty management of Rose and Deng will most likely be the reason for their playoff exit.

There will be back to backs this year in the playoffs and Rose probably won't be at 100% at all until next year. That's concerning. Of course it could be worse, every team could be worse. For a contending team with title aspirations the Rose/Deng situation should cause ownership to chew Thibs right the fuck out.

sangreal

Went to the Nets game tonight. I'm not a Nets fan, but that was embarrassing. The fans, that is. Crowd was asleep until the Heat came back

Kobe has proven over and over again that he can play very well through injuries. No Bulls player has shown that.

You were just a bit out there with Rose.

Like I said if he played, you would have given little credit if he played well and a lot of blame if he didn't.

He's the most important playoff player for the team, won't hurt him to miss one to two(at most) more games in this stretch run(you WERE all for resting players in time for the playoffs).

I highly doubt this injury is anything much but it's tempting to sit players when it's the Wizards and at home I suppose.

Alrix

Sixers are so, so bad. I have no idea how they even win one game against Chicago / Miami.

Wednesday night game between Boston and Orlando is pretty interesting now given the 3 way tie at 4-5-6.

Yeah but boston can't budge from the 4 spot so the only effect it'll have would be orlando's record vs. atlanta's. there's nothing really special about it. boston might as well be 10 games ahead of atlanta and orlando.

Vire

Just like last year.

312692643.gif

Went to the Nets game tonight. I'm not a Nets fan, but that was embarrassing. The fans, that is. Crowd was asleep until the Heat came back

To be fair The Nets aren't even their team anymore.

It's like trying to be enthusiastic with an ugly girl who already made it known her plans to hook up with some other guy once he' available in a few months.

and 08 09 Kobe missed the fourth quarter often, we blew out teams like crazy, and we were driven. But I wasn't stupid enough to call it his greatest individual season.

This is being heralded as Lebron's greatest individual season despite the fact that he rarely dominates a game because all they do is blow people out, or he disappears in the fourth...and it's being heralded as some amazing season because? His FG% is through the roof?

His team loses a ton of close games, he misses seemingly every clutch last second shot, and his team goes through insane lulls of losing (that the 08-09 lakers never did) and he doesn't will them out of it consistently enough. He's has plenty of opportunities in the last 2 months to dominate all the games they've lost, and he hasn't.

Who cares about his PER, he's coasting along half the games, the team destroys opponents in transition and at the line, and he rarely takes over a game on the offensive side of the ball even when they're losing. His defense, that's been other worldly, but his offense...for him, has been very good but not dominant.

Actually, the "greatest season ever" stuff died down weeks ago. It's now, statistically, about his 3rd best season ever.

I agree on his end of game struggles. I'm just saying, Lebron doesn't have to dominate in scoring because his team wins easily.

Kobe has 5 40 point games this year (compared to 4 in '09). He has a single 30 point game since Ramon came over. Ramon coming in meant less shots for Kobe, by default.

Look, you won't find me arguing Lebron's season is one for the ages. It's not. The stats do overrate things, I agree. I'm just saying, the lack of 40 point games since coming to Miami is a result of easy wins + Wade + Bosh. It's very hard to justify scoring 40 a night on a very good team. Perhaps there are times when it's needed, but he wilts away in the 4th, no doubt.

But that criticism is a bit off. Lebron would score more 40 point games in Melo's spot than Melo does now.

Fisher nailing a 3. C'mon Fish, use your 1 game a month tonight!

So on a scale of 1-10, how mad is NBA-GAF going to be when Lebron wins MVP?

How mad you gonna be when Durant gets it?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You were just a bit out there with Rose.

Like I said if he played, you would have given little credit if he played well and a lot of blame if he didn't.

He's the most important playoff player for the team, won't hurt him to miss one to two(at most) more games in this stretch run(you WERE all for resting players in time for the playoffs).

I highly doubt this injury is anything much but it's tempting to sit players when it's the Wizards and at home I suppose.
That's absolutely not true. I have never been down on him when he has played well. I may offer up some suggestions on how he can improve his game, but I've never dismissed a good game by him. Hell, most of my Bulls criticisms are aimed at Thibs' offensive schemes, not Rose.

There will be back to backs this year in the playoffs and Rose probably won't be at 100% at all until next year. That's concerning.

It would be concerning if it was true, sure.

Rose was around 100% for the Heat game, he just was rusty and a bit out of shape.

His groin is healed, his back is fine, his ankle is a bit sore.

Rest him a few days and he should be close to 100% if it's as minor as it seems.

giri

So on a scale of 1-10, how mad is NBA-GAF going to be when Lebron wins MVP?

His stats this year are absurd.

The only other player in the discussion is Durant.

I'd be ok with either winning it.

Tyson chandler might ACTUALLY be the single most valuable player to his team though.

That's absolutely not true. I have never been down on him when he has played well. I may offer up some suggestions on how he can improve his game, but I've never dismissed a good game by him. Hell, most of my Bulls criticisms are aimed at Thibs' offensive schemes, not Rose.

Thibs has offensive schemes?

Tom Penny

Sixers are so, so bad. I have no idea how they even win one game against Chicago / Miami.

Wednesday night game between Boston and Orlando is pretty interesting now given the 3 way tie at 4-5-6.

Celtics don't give a shit about seed at this point. They locked up 4 or 3. If they can't beat ATL or Orl in a series they ain't doing shit anyway.

Vire

Rose was around 100% for the Heat game, he just was rusty and a bit out of shape.

Rest him a few days and he should be close to 100% if it's as minor as it seems.

Yeah but he's not going to be in rhythm with the team. He looked really rusty and made a lot of poor decisions in that game.

I just don't see him being ready even if he is 100% healthy.

Actually, the "greatest season ever" stuff died down weeks ago. It's now, statistically, about his 3rd best season ever.

I agree on his end of game struggles. I'm just saying, Lebron doesn't have to dominate in scoring because his team wins easily.

Kobe has 5 40 point games this year (compared to 4 in '09). He has a single 30 point game since Ramon came over. Ramon coming in meant less shots for Kobe, by default.

Look, you won't find me arguing Lebron's season is one for the ages. It's not. The stats do overrate things, I agree. I'm just saying, the lack of 40 point games since coming to Miami is a result of easy wins + Wade + Bosh. It's very hard to justify scoring 40 a night on a very good team. Perhaps there are times when it's needed, but he wilts away in the 4th, no doubt.

But that criticism is a bit off. Lebron would score more 40 point games in Melo's spot than Melo does now.

Not that mad. Rose already took fake MVP last year.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
His stats this year are absurd.

The only other player in the discussion is Durant.

I'd be ok with either winning it.

Tyson chandler might ACTUALLY be the single most valuable player to his team though
i dunno

maybe TP

Canuck76

Banned
Wes Mathews is in full on Iverson mode right now.

Which is great because he needs to learn he still needs work on his game.

Giri this is a nightmare

SoulPlaya

more money than God

When is he going to get his rhythm back? His whole game is predicated on that. This is alarming dude, there's no way else to look at it. Rose needs to be playing, and getting into rhythm in a starting lineup that has had no chance to develop one.

Thibs has offensive schemes?
Exactly.

Yeah but he's not going to be in rhythm with the team. He looked really rusty and made a lot of poor decisions in that game.

I just don't see him being ready even if he is 100% healthy.

Some players take less time to get rust off than others.

I know it's wishful thinking on your part but barring setbacks, he should have plenty of time to get ready for the playoffs.

Even in the first round, he could be rusty and they still could get by.

He doesn't need weeks to get back into the flow of games.

Rip never played this year and he looks dam good out there. He's got age and experience on Derrick but I don't see rust being an issue unless Derrick's injuries continue.

Can anyone explain to me why Vinny plays Cp3 the 1st minute of the 2nd and 4th quarters rather than give CP3 a rest through the end of quarter timeout?

it's the most bizarre substitution pattern I've ever seen.

I guess I answered it in the question. VDN.

Vahagn

So you get my argument. Cool. And using Kobe this year isn't a good metric because this is about 6 seasons removed from Kobe's best individual season ever.

It's also explaining why it seems that Lebron gets so many empty stats. Very rarely do I see Lebron take over a game...he'll hit back to back buckets here...get fouled a couple times there...score 6 points in 3 minutes here...but rarely does he dominate an entire game, or even an entire half.

Today's 4th quarter notwitsthanding of course, that was amazing. I've seen Wade take over 4th quarters and win close games numerous times this year, I've seen him hit game winners this year.

I just don't understand how we got to a point where we say that someone who gets 7 rebounds a game is a dominant playmaker or 8 boards a game is a dominant rebounder. Definitely very impressive, very unique for an SF...but sure as hell not dominant in the way that a Dwight 25-20 game or a K love 30-15 game is dominant.

^^ Dude, LeBron impacts the game a ton more than Love. Horrible example. Love gets his points and boards but is not a great passer or defender.

Come on jazz! let's go!

Regarding Tyson Chandler's Defensive impact for the Knicks:
Code:
	   Defensive Rank 	Opponent FG%
2011-12 	4th 	           44.1%
2010-11 	22nd 	           47.2%
2009-10 	27th 	           48.6%
2008-09 	23rd 	           48.0%
2007-08 	29th 	           47.4%
2006-07 	25th 	           46.0%
2005-06 	26th 	           46.7%
2004-05 	25th 	           46.5%
as per basketballreference.

When is he going to get his rhythm back? His whole game is predicated on that. This is alarming dude, there's no way else to look at it. Rose needs to be playing, and getting into rhythm in a starting lineup that has had no chance to develop one.

Playing him in this game was probably not a good idea and I am usually pissed(at him and the coaching staff) when he doesn't play.

I expect him to play next game.

Him AND Deng gone was the problem, they probably could have gotten by with only Derrick missing.

So you get my argument. Cool. And using Kobe this year isn't a good metric because this is about 6 seasons removed from Kobe's best individual season ever.

It's also explaining why it seems that Lebron gets so many empty stats. Very rarely do I see Lebron take over a game...he'll hit back to back buckets here...get fouled a couple times there...score 6 points in 3 minutes here...but rarely does he dominate an entire game, or even an entire half.

Today's 4th quarter notwitsthanding of course, that was amazing. I've seen Wade take over 4th quarters and win close games numerous times this year, I've seen him hit game winners this year.

I just don't understand how we got to a point where we say that someone who gets 7 rebounds a game is a dominant playmaker or 8 boards a game is a dominant rebounder. Definitely very impressive, very unique for an SF...but sure as hell not dominant in the way that a Dwight 25-20 game or a K love 30-15 game is dominant.

I was using Kobe this season the opposite. That he has more 40 point games in a lockout season than back in 08-09 because our offense was mediocre until Ramon came.

Lebron is dominant for 3 quarters. I'll say that.

Canuck76

Banned
Yeah, fair call. TP has been huge for the spurs this year.

Wes or the game? i'm at work :|

Uhh somehow a Blazers team missing Batum, L.M.A and failton is keeping up with the suns. Bad Jamal "watch me swag" shots, Wes Mathews doing whatever the hell he wants, full on missed alley oops. No defense on either side. Luke Babbit half court 3's. Just stupid.

Both coaches are in hell right now. (Gentry's pissed that the Blazers are somehow still hanging around)

Top Bottom