• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I hate Jrue Holiday because he looks like a character in a racist cartoon.

JRUEHOLIDAY7_25150.JPG

oh snap! Shots fired!!

Welcome back, Gerald

The team played in small, cold gyms. They practiced twice a day. Green underwent a severe culture shock. "I've never been to a whole country and not seen one black person," Green said. "Just never seen it. And then when you're black, they look at you crazy because they've never seen it either. You're just as shocked as they are. A lot of times, people come touch you like, 'What is this?' They'll touch you and look at your skin to see if it's paint. I'm not playing. All Russia is not like that. You've got your big cities like Moscow, St. Petersburg. Some cities understand that there are black people. They do exist. But the smaller cities, the little villages, they've never seen it."

I thought that was the Rockets. You going soft on me jeff?

The most unbearable team for a while were the Thunder. So many free throws, just run into the pain and get calls. Lately that hasn't been the case, but the Clippers still haven't over thrown them since CP3 enters god mode in the 4th.

I liked the thunder last year but this time I hate them. I would honestly be just as fine with the heat chipping as the Thunder

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Jazz's turn, sorry commish.

It'd be no surprise if the Jazz beat us, since they have the legendary D Harris manning the point.

And last time I checked, we wiped the floor with the Spurs in the playoffs in our last meeting. It'd be great to do it again as an 8 seed.

NBA Players Poll: Which coach would you like to play for the...

MOST?

Doc Rivers, Celtics 22%

Mike D'Antoni 21%

Gregg Popovich, Spurs 16%

Rick Carlisle, Mavericks 6%

Rick Adelman, Timberwolves 5%

Tom Thibodeau, Bulls 4%

Stan Van Gundy, Magic 3%

LEAST?

Stan Van Gundy, Magic 22%

Scott Skiles, Bucks 14%

Byron Scott, Cavaliers 9%

Flip Saunders 6%

Mike D'Antoni 4%

Lawrence Frank, Pistons 4%

Mike Brown, Lakers 4%

*Results are based off of the opinions of the 134 NBA players who responded to SI's survey.

diehard

Fleer
It'd be no surprise if the Jazz beat us, since they have the legendary D Harris manning the point.

I'm glad you have come to accept the inevitable. Even if the Jazz do lose that game, i doubt Phoenix beats LAC, DEN and SA.

basically start looking at the last 4 games Nash is in an orange uniform.

Jarlaxle

I'm glad you have come to accept the inevitable. Even if the Jazz do lose that game, i doubt Phoenix beats LAC, DEN and SA.

basically start looking at the last 4 games Nash is in an orange uniform.

Why? Are they getting rid of the orange uniforms in Phoenix the next 2-3 years?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Think about this Knick fans who are on the "Wait til stat is 100%" train.

Stat was injury prone IN PHOENIX....Micheal Redd has become iron man in Phoenix.

Pray to your respective Gods.

He was hardly injury prone when in Phoenix. The knee injury cost him a season, sure, but the eye problem was totally a freak accident.

What the fuck is your point? That K-Mart should bend over to a heckling crowd just because they used to cheer for him? Fuck outta here. If they want to boo then fuck them, he doesn't owe them shit.

You know how most players with any hint of class do it?

Hint: You win the game.

That alone shuts fans up.

Jeff-DSA

I'm pretty impressed that Corbin has the Jazz competing for a playoff spot. Some of you guys were saying that they wouldn't win 15 games this year, and in the first week, it did seem like they were destined to be pretty bad.

Corbin has really extracted a lot of wins out of unproven guys and dealt with a lot of lineup changes. He's made Burks into a good contributing rookie, Hayward has taken a big leap forward the last couple of months, our D-league call ups have been way better than anybody would have guessed, and Favors is starting to progress in a way that we were hoping he would.

Sometimes he still sits on bad lineups for too long, and he keeps giving Bell and CJ Miles minutes when they're healthy, but I think he's learned a lot as a coach. It has to be tough having almost zero prep time between games for a rookie coach (last year barely counts), but he's done well.

I'm pretty impressed that Corbin has the Jazz competing for a playoff spot. Some of you guys were saying that they wouldn't win 15 games this year, and in the first week, it did seem like they were destined to be pretty bad.

Corbin has really extracted a lot of wins out of unproven guys and dealt with a lot of lineup changes. He's made Burks into a good contributing rookie, Hayward has taken a big leap forward the last couple of months, our D-league call ups have been way better than anybody would have guessed, and Favors is starting to progress in a way that we were hoping he would.

Sometimes he still sits on bad lineups for too long, and he keeps giving Bell and CJ Miles minutes when they're healthy, but I think he's learned a lot as a coach. It has to be tough having almost zero prep time between games for a rookie coach (last year barely counts), but he's done well.

I trade you Rick Carlisle for Corbin.

I'd kind of like Nash to go ring hunting with another team next season, but I'm scared that as soon as he gets away from the Phoenix medical staff (and the HGH they give their players?) then his body will give out.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...-magic-dwight-howard-says-play-stan-van-gundy

Magic center Dwight Howard has called team owner Rich DeVos to tell him that he won't play for coach Stan Van Gundy anymore, WKMG in Orlando is reporting.

Howard missed his sixth straight game with a back injury Wednesday against the Celtics, and Van Gundy has already said that he is preparing for his big man to miss the rest of the season and the playoffs.

Howard is still upset that Van Gundy publicly said this month that Howard asked management to have him fired, sources told WKMG. According to the report, the 86-year-old DeVos took Howard's call in his suite at the Amway Center sometime during Friday's game against the Hawks.

Uncertainty has dogged the Magic for quite some time. Howard asked management for a trade in the preseason, but after months of speculation he signed a waiver of the opt-out clause in his contract, meaning that he would remain under contract to Orlando at least through next season.
I guess that older report was on.

Gabyskra

Banned

Meier

I understand that Dwight is swinging his cock around and he has every right to, but he's coming off like a bit of a bitch here. Calling during the game? Yikes.

I can understand being upset, but that shouldn't stop you from doing your job if you're capable. Howard has officially become the biggest diva in the NBA.

I wonder if the reports of the last minute mind change because he would be traded to the Lakers were also true. Still, this sounds stupid.

"I DON'T WANT TO PLAY IN LA. OK, I WILL SIGN EXTENSION BECAUSE I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. BTW, I AM ALSO NOT PLAYING FOR SVG."

edit: I am fully expecting him to be gone during this off-season. I thought Bynum was a headcase. Howard doesn't even know what he wants.

Top Bottom