• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

xnipx

So he's upset at Stan for telling the truth that he wanted him fired?? He should have Put a gag order on him like Royce

Fox318

jYA3V.jpg

Jeff-DSA

left Utah? You mean traded with no warning.

I can't believe Eric Gordon left The Clippers, what a jerk.

Don't bother, Flop City fans have their own reality.

Edit: And I have to laugh at the idea that anybody could have ran Sloan out of Utah. He could have gone 2-80 (wins over Bobcats) and the Jazz would have extended him.

left Utah? You mean traded with no warning.

I assumed that he wanted out of Utah and requested the trade. Still, even if it wasn't his call, I can't dismiss that he forced Jerry Sloan out. As someone who used to root for the Jazz, I find it extremely hard to like Deron Williams. The only two players I like less right now are Bryant and Bynum.

Edit: Nash looks hilarious in that picture. I hate when the Clippers play the Suns because it's so hard to root against him.

I assumed that he wanted out of Utah and requested the trade. Still, even if it wasn't his call, I can't dismiss that he forced Jerry Sloan out. As someone who used to root for the Jazz, I find it extremely hard to like Deron Williams. The only two players I like less right now are Bryant and Bynum.
I wonder how you'll feel when CP demands VDN be let go.

Jeff-DSA

Sloan didn't want to rebuild. Neither did Phil Johnson. They retired together because they felt that they were too old to rebuild. With the Jazz getting ready to load up on young talent and slum it up in the lottery, Sloan decided he'd rather rake leaves and drive tractors than watch CJ Miles be your team veteran.

I wonder how you'll feel when CP demands VDN be let go.

As somebody who really doesn't like VDN, I'd be disappointed that CP demanded that a coach be fired, but happy if VDN was replaced with a better coach. He's not quite as bad as I previously thought, but it's telling when they almost always look inept coming out of a timeout. The guy is one of the worst I've ever seen at drawing up plays.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know teams side (as they should) with the franchise player over the coach 100 out of 100 times but just once I'd love to see the rule broken. I'd much rather see Stan back with the Magic next season than I would Dwight. But I don't think there is a chance either guy is back at this point.

I've really enjoyed watching the Clippers this year, they've provided the necessary distraction while the Cavs flirted with the playoffs before going into their nose dive tanking.

I know teams side (as they should) with the franchise player over the coach 100 out of 100 times but just once I'd love to see the rule broken. I'd much rather see Stan back with the Magic next season than I would Dwight. But I don't think there is a chance either guy is back at this point.
You're the one who always wanted your boyfriend as the first option.

Chris, I know you're in Yurop, but post more often, brah.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I don't see how that's relevant here.

Dwight is a piece of shit. I have lost absolutely all respect for the guy who used to be my favorite player in the league. This entire season has made me realize that Dwight is the biggest bitch in the league. Lebron has nothing on Dwight. Nothing.

Howard is almost as bad as Deron Williams at this point. Sad.

Deron has had a bad year overall, but he hasn't publicly nuked the coach and franchise like Dwight has. He's simply said he'd keep his options open, and hasn't made any ultimatums. If he signs elsewhere for a better chance to win, we can't really complain if we didn't put a squad around him during the rental period.

Edit: Oh, talking about the Jazz. Nevermind.

The worst part about Dwight is that he's tried to maintain that he's just playing hard and that he's the victim of vicious media rumors, even though he's called out teammates, the FO, and his coach in the last 18 months while openly requesting a trade to one of two teams. He met with Prohkorov last summer ffs. He wants to change his situation but he's too much a pussy to just come out and say it to his fanbase.

It's amazing how much hate this guy gets for simply speaking his mind and not subscribing to best-gaf's accepted truths
So you think DWill handled his situation worse than Howard?

Dwill may have gotten his coach canned but Utah shipped him for picks and young pieces. All in all things could have been much worse for Utah but their FO isn't nearly Orlando dumb.

Dwight is trying to have his cake and eat it too, while tearing apart team chemistry, demanding player acquisitions and personnel moves all the while plotting to jump ship.

The worst part about Dwight is that he's tried to maintain that he's just playing hard and that he's the victim of vicious media rumors, even though he's called out teammates, the FO, and his coach in the last 18 months while openly requesting a trade to one of two teams. He met with Prohkorov last summer ffs. He wants to change his situation but he's too much a pussy to just come out and say it to his fanbase.

I laughed at the reason why he doesn't want to play for SVG was because he went public. "You told the truth about us?? Man, the truth is not what I wanted people to know." Remember, this is the same guy who gave SVG a hug after requesting him to be fired (albeit, privately).

If he really wanted him gone, he should still act like it in public. I'm not saying to go out there and tell him he wants him gone, but don't act like he's your best friend.

So you think DWill handled his situation worse than Howard?

Dwill may have gotten his coach canned but Utah shipped him for picks and young pieces. All in all things could have been much worse for Utah but their FO isn't nearly Orlando dumb.

Dwight is trying to have his cake and eat it too, while tearing apart team chemistry, demanding player acquisitions and personnel moves all the while plotting to jump ship.

Yeah, he's getting to LBJ levels.

I don't see how that's relevant here.

Dwight is a piece of shit. I have lost absolutely all respect for the guy who used to be my favorite player in the league. This entire season has made me realize that Dwight is the biggest bitch in the league. Lebron has nothing on Dwight. Nothing.
The man has a herniated dick for crying out loud, so can't you cut him a little slack? Her must have tons of things swirling around in his head right now, testing his mental fortitude (or lack thereof).

Not everyone has the benefit of circumspection.

Chris, I know you're in Yurop, but post more often, brah.

Haha I'll try, my good man. ESPN over here only really shows Knicks, Bulls, Lakers and Orlando. Have a huge dislike for Orlando, mainly because they're so boring to watch (unless you enjoy jump shots).

Man, every time I think Dwight can't make his situation even worse, he finds a way.

How do these athletes not have one person to smack them in the face and let them know how stupid they are being?

I feel bad for Magic fans. Entire thing is bullshit.

Jeff-DSA

I disagree with him on this point but i see a lot of hate on this kid just because he's a little less sarcastic/jaded than everyone else

I hope that I tease him that it doesn't come across as me hating on him.

I view this entire forum as an excuse to check out mentally for a bit and bust some balls. It's not like we can all meet up at some place like Cheers and joke around all day in person.

I've actually posted on the same forum with him for about 10 years now. We've never been mean to each other. But with sports, I hope nobody takes it personally.

SUPREME1

Banned
Lakers-AGE, who else was sad seeing the 'Thank You' commercial from KCAL during last night's game.

End of an era, mangz.

There were years when I was growing up where I didn't have cable, so road games are the only games I could watch (nationally televised games aside). I was guaranteed at least 41 games on KCAL.

No, KCAL... thank you.

: (

Lakers-AGE, who else was sad seeing the 'Thank You' commercial from KCAL during last night's game.

End of an era, mangz.

There were years when I was growing up where I didn't have cable, so road games are the only games I could watch (nationally televised games aside). I was guaranteed at least 41 games on KCAL.

No, KCAL... thank you.

: (

I didn't see this but we still have a few games left on it. Will be sad when that comes on.

Also, does anyone know how the hell the TWC Lakers game will work next year? What about people who have no TWC as their local cable? Someone enlighten me, please.

Hearing murmurs that Dwight might need surgery on his back

Is it to remove his bitchiness?

h3ro

Heat to open nightclub in arena.

Nazarian’s SBE Entertainment Group LLC, owner of Katsuya restaurants and the luxury-lodging chain SLS, expects to open the club in partnership with the Heat Group in time for the next National Basketball Association season. The club will feature multiple bars, lounge areas, flat-screen televisions and a private dining room.

“In one respect, Hyde will be a new amenity for our best customers,” said Eric Woolworth, president of business operations for the Miami Heat. “It adds a hip quotient and panache, and it’s also another space we can market for parties and private events.”

I'm sure it's a great financial decision. Also, lol panache.

SUPREME1

Banned
I didn't see this but we still have a few games left on it. Will be sad when that comes on.

Also, does anyone know how the hell the TWC Lakers game will work next year? What about people who have no TWC as their local cable? Someone enlighten me, please.

Is it to remove his bitchiness?

It's supposed to be a Lakers-centric channel, so it could work like every other channel, it'll just be owned by TWC. They'll just charge a fee for other carriers to broadcast the channel.

The commercial featured Phil, Magic, James, Kobe and Rick. With old footage from show time, Shaq era, etc. With a simple 'THANK YOU' at the end. Classy.

While Dwight handled the overall situation like a dumbass, I'd figure more would sympathize to an extent with his effort to get literally the least liked coach in the NBA out of his way. I like SVG a lot but it's clear he grates on players; he's a supercharged Scott Skiles.

Top Bottom