• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Lakers-AGE, who else was sad seeing the 'Thank You' commercial from KCAL during last night's game.

End of an era, mangz.

There were years when I was growing up where I didn't have cable, so road games are the only games I could watch (nationally televised games aside). I was guaranteed at least 41 games on KCAL.

No, KCAL... thank you.

: (

There's one more KCAL game, the final game which is @ Sacramento.

Fox Sports aired its final home game of the season against the Spurs. KCAL will have some playoff games in the first round, I believe. The road games, of course. Simulcast when it's on ESPN (but not ABC/TNT).

I love KCAL. Hill + Worthy halftime crew is amazing with Tanner and his voice. I always felt the production seemed better than on FSW.

I remember only being able to watch KCAL games for a few years and having to watch home games on yahoo gamecast unless on TNT/ESPN/ABC/NBC. dark times.

There's a chance some games with be broadcast locally, though, next season, so not all is lost, yet. TW would be smart to do it.

Thank you KCAL!

I didn't see this but we still have a few games left on it. Will be sad when that comes on.

Also, does anyone know how the hell the TWC Lakers game will work next year? What about people who have no TWC as their local cable? Someone enlighten me, please.
Is it to remove his bitchiness?

As mentioned, there will be a Laker channel. TW will sell it to other cable companies across the country, I believe, which means people outside SoCal will finally have a chance to pay for the channel. That part is pretty damn awesome.

My guess is the channel will be standard in Los Angeles/SoCal if you have cable, so I wouldn't worry about it if you're there. And they may broadcast some on KCAL too.

We have to wait for the details in the offseason, I imagine.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Chris Broussard.

Just read this gem:

The Blazers are known to have already pursued TNT analyst Steve Kerr for their GM vacancy. The former Phoenix Suns executive has repeatedly declined comment about his interest in the position, but John Canzano of the Oregonian newspaper reported this week that Kerr could still be tempted if Blazers owner Paul Allen offered him Portland's coaching job in addition to say over personnel matters.

David Thorpe wrote today for ESPN that Tristan Thompson has more upside than Ricky Rubio. Tristan Thompson also pays David Thorpe to go to Thorpe's camp whereas Rubio does not, I seriously don't get how ESPN keeps employing this guy when he's got a gigantic conflict of interest.

David Thorpe wrote today for ESPN that Tristan Thompson has more upside than Ricky Rubio. Tristan Thompson also pays David Thorpe to go to Thorpe's camp whereas Rubio does not, I seriously don't get how ESPN keeps employing this guy when he's got a gigantic conflict of interest.

This is the same guy who repeatedly said Jrue Holiday would be the best player of the 2009 draft.

Flash

If this is true Dwight is such a bitch...but I thought he had a herniated disc? I don't think he's stupid enough to quit on his team like that. This is just the rumour mill trying to make the worst of the situation.

BUT if he did in fact quit, he's a little bitch and needs to go.

I hadn't realised until recently (NBA.TV article) that Kobe had only ever 1 regular season MVP award. That seems pretty crazy. I mean I know the guy is good, and I think I probably take his ability for granted - you know in a 'Ah, its Kobe Bryant, man. What do you expect.' kind of way.

Yet, and I'm sorry Laker-GAF, I have to admit I never think of him alongside the NBA greats (when clearly everything about him suggests and proves he is right up there). I'm not sure why that is.

I hadn't realised until recently (NBA.TV article) that Kobe had only ever 1 regular season MVP award. That seems pretty crazy. I mean I know the guy is good, and I think I probably take his ability for granted - you know in a 'Ah, its Kobe Bryant, man. What do you expect.' kind of way.

Yet, and I'm sorry Laker-GAF, I have to admit I never think of him alongside the NBA greats (when clearly everything about him suggests and proves he is right up there). I'm not sure why that is.
Pretty much every year of his career someone else was having a better year OR he was on a crappy team.

He's been more consistent than any of those who have beaten him out, though.

Dwight clearly needs some guidance. He's a troubled or confused young man who needs direction. I think he should go find himself and then promptly fuck it.

reilo

He's from Portland alright. I can also confirm that he listens to bluegrass.

So how will that new Laker Channel work? Could you just pay for that channel and bypass League Pass if you only want to see the Lakers play?

Also, for those of you with the YES Network, what does that channel show in the off-season?

I like to try and get a gauge of what to expect from a fully dedicated channel like this.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
i8584gLr9d9sz.gif

I just hate the fact that, unlike FSW, the Laker coverage ends abruptly on KCAL and rolls right into the fucking news.

Hate that shit so much.

It does that when the game ends around 10pm, but not when earlier. Stupid local news. Just break into the weather report for 3 min to flaunt whoever they got that night and then back to Laker coverage.

The FSW coverage can be okay. Norm Nixon adds so little, at times. But I like when they bring in Matt "Money" Smith or Rambis or Jeanie.

Billy Mac was great at the pre-game with Phil-osophy 101. That segment was always amazing, mostly because of Phil.

So how will that new Laker Channel work? Could you just pay for that channel and bypass League Pass if you only want to see the Lakers play?

Also, for those of you with the YES Network, what does that channel show in the off-season?

I like to try and get a gauge of what to expect from a fully dedicated channel like this.

They replay the best Knicks games over the past decade. So, dead air.

SUPREME1

Banned
people are right. The suns are the most likable team.

JYD is probably the best personality in the league too.

MIP

Yeah, it's gotta be the Suns. Something about them makes them non-threatening and likeable. Innocent even.

If the Suns were a dude, he'd be friend-zoned by every chick.

Yeah, it's gotta be the Suns. Something about them makes them non-threatening and likeable. Innocent even.

If the Suns were a dude, he'd be friend-zoned by every chick.

Just because you're married, that doesn't give you the right to make fun of everyone else who is forever alone in here.

... forever alone. :(

reilo

President Larry Miller says the #Blazers have not asked permission from the Lakers to speak with Mitch Kupchak about their vacant GM job.

Chris Broussard strikes again.

Chris Broussard strikes again.

uh, broussard's article:

"Blazers president Larry Miller could not be immediately reached for comment and Kupchak did not immediately respond to messages left by ESPN.com. One source said Thursday that Portland has not yet contacted the Lakers for formal permission to speak with Kupchak."

Top Bottom