• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

giri

I don't really read OT anymore, so not sure if was posted there yet, but,

Hollywood lose case against AU ISP

Hollywood told to bugger off.

The court said iiNet's power to prevent customers from pirating movies and TV shows "was limited to an indirect power to terminate its contractual relationship with its customers".
Advertisement: Story continues below

Further, the High Court judges said that infringement notices sent by the film industry to iiNet did not provide the ISP "with a reasonable basis for sending warning notices to individual customers containing threats to suspend or terminate those customers"'.

Woo!!!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Teammates affecting players assist totals is bullshit.

I read an article about it somewhere but it doesn't have much of an effect, if at all.

At some point common sense has to overrule statistics man.

If LBJ passes to Haslem wide open under the rim and Haslem misses it, have LBJ's $tat$ been affected?

Every good pass doesn't lead to a 100% shot

At some point common sense has to overrule statistics man.

If LBJ passes to Haslem wide open under the rim and Haslem misses it, have LBJ's $tat$ been affected?

Every good pass doesn't lead to a 100% shot
Yeah that's pretty much what I'm saying. You can make that argument for anyone

or do you disagree?

giri

I'm just saying, you can make this complaint for any PG. No one gets 100% conversion on setups, and the differences between players isn't large enough to really affect numbers

Except most number one ranked teams have more offensive able players than the bulls.

Roses team mates really do drag on his effeciency.

But so does thibs horrible offensive schemes.

I'm not saying he's Nash or the like, but he's much better than given credit for.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

I like the alternate version:

7UqOh.gif

Srsly

Banned
Except most number one ranked teams have more offensive able players than the bulls.

Roses team mates really do drag on his effeciency.

But so does thibs horrible offensive schemes.

I'm not saying he's Nash or the like, but he's much better than given credit for.

lol

DY_nasty

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm saying. You can make that argument for anyone

or do you disagree?

But its not uniform. Every passer isn't passing to the same quality of shooter. Every passer isn't making the shot as easy for the shooter either.

This isn't a two variable equation. A lot of things go into that. Running from the ball, a crappy offensive scheme... those things are obviously a factor.

But its not uniform. Every passer isn't passing to the same quality of shooter. Every passer isn't making the shot as easy for the shooter either.

This isn't a two variable equation. A lot of things go into that. Running from the ball, a crappy offensive scheme... those things are obviously a factor.
Of course. Let me try to find the article.

Think of it like, if Rose's teammates were better shooters, they might go from like 43% shooters on average to 45% shooters on average. Or something. That's, over a season, going to affect your assist totals by adding one more for every 50 shots that Rose creates or has a part in. That is not significant.

That was just an example, but let me find the article

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ger Brewer out of the game. Everything is perimeter shooting for Bulls now.

James Jones tries too hard to prove to Spo that he should be playing.

DY_nasty

Of course. Let me try to find the article.

Think of it like, if Rose's teammates were better shooters, they might go from like 43% shooters on average to 45% shooters on average. Or something. That's, over a season, going to affect your assist totals by adding one more for every 50 shots that Rose creates or has a part in. That is not significant.

That was just an example, but let me find the article
Do you remove the human element out of sports intentionally?

There's no stat for running from the ball or ball watching.

Do you remove the human element out of sports intentionally?

There's no stat for running from the ball or ball watching.
I'm not taking the human element out. If you're going to go that way, I can say that Rose's assist totals are inflated because of how ball dominant he is in his offense compared to other PGs in the league.

DY_nasty

His entire argument is an argument against an extreme. Many people throw the "his teammates suck" argument out when it isn't warranted at all.

In Rose's case, you have a very, very clear example of teammates ball watching, terrible offensive scheme, and guys running from the ball.
I'm telling you, you can make this argument for a ton of players in the league. Obviously offensive scheme has an affect on how guys play, but you don't disagree on Rose's ball dominance possibly inflating his Apg?

And I mean I can use stats and watch the game as well. Its not one or the other.

thekad

Banned
DY: The point is that that, which is subjective btw, will only marginally effect ast/g, and much less so than being a ball dominant PG.

balddemon

Banned
Have you guy seen the NBA commercial where Lebron is a train and the words ask us "how do you stop it" followed by "with something really really really big" an then it shows the word playoffs lol.

Srsly

Banned
Please continue to contribute to the thread. Your input has been invaluable.

The idea that Rose doesn't get more assists because his teammates stand around him is hilariously ironic. Do you think Rose would get more assists on Phoenix (adjusted for pace)? If you do, lol.

The reason Rose doesn't get more assists is the same reason Steve Francis didn't average more assists than he did. And yes, people stood around and watched Francis.

Top Bottom