• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You mind clarifying instead of just one word answers?

You have Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh in their prime playing on the same team together.

And your argument is that "fuck, if only they had JJ Barea and DeShawn Stevenson, they would have won it all last year!"

What nonsense.

Triple U

Banned
You realize the big three must have more than 20 All Star selections? In less than 30 seasons?

You're already making excuses.

*edit*
Oh and apparently, it's not just you but all Heat fans. Nice.

Excuses for what? I expect MIA to beat any team in the East in a 7 game series. That doesn't stop them from being a flawed team.

Crazy concept:

How well role players play is generally related to how well star players set them up. Sometimes, the role player is just garbage and it can't be helped, but even Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, etc couldn't hit many 3s if they were all contested.

Triple U

Banned
You have Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh in their prime playing on the same team together.

And your argument is that "fuck, if only they had JJ Barea and DeShawn Stevenson, they would have won it all last year!"

What nonsense.

There is only one ball. The of impact three stars is heavily diminished when they can only produce so much. You all argued this that offseason this shit came together but seem to have forgotten as it don't applies to your current argument, which is to be expected.

Crazy concept:

How well role players play is generally related to how well star players set them up. Sometimes, the role player is just garbage and it can't be helped, but even Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, etc couldn't hit many 3s if they were all contested.

What?

Also the shooters for MIA get a shitload of wide open looks, not sure where you're going with this. Hell the Cavs proved that even if you get wide open looks the shooter still has to be able to knock them down.

Gabyskra

Banned
Excuses for what? I expect MIA to beat any team in the East in a 7 game series. That doesn't stop them from being a flawed team.

The narrative you're trying to sell is bullshit. Everyone knows it. You want people to believe they did not take the easy road by joining forces in their prime, you want people to believe they go through heroic moments, etc. You're already afraid that even if they win, it is all going to be meaningless. You're already afraid that if they win just one or two titles, they'll be made fun of for selling out everything that made people love the NBA in the 90s. Bitch players, bitch team, bitch fans.

Gabyskra

Banned
There is only one ball. The of impact three stars is heavily diminished when they can only produce so much. You all argued this that offseason this shit came together but seem to have forgotten as it don't applies to your current argument, which is to be expected.

"It's not start studded".

"There is only one ball".

Sophism 101, Triple U will be your substitute teacher.

reilo

No, I argued that Lebron is a flawed player whose flaws become even more pronounced in the playoffs. Ditto for Bosh.

Unless you want to argue that Miami lost because Mike Miller nor James Jones stepped up, instead of Lebron averaging 18PPG on 35FG% and 6TOPG or whatever stupid numbers he put up.

The narrative you're trying to sell is bullshit. Everyone knows it. You want people to believe they did not take the easy road by joining forces in their prime, you want people to believe they go through heroic moments, etc. You're already afraid that even if they win, it is all going to be meaningless. You're already afraid that if they win just one or two titles, they'll be made fun of for selling out everything that made people love the NBA in the 90s. Bitch players, bitch team, bitch fans.

God damnit Gaby.

You are supposed to wait a few posts before you go for the heart.

Can't go from A->B->cooooold bloooded immediately

smh

charsace

What?

Also the shooters for MIA get a shitload of wide open looks, not sure where you're going with this. Hell the Cavs proved that even if you get wide open looks the shooter still has to be able to knock them down.

lol wtf? Miami has Wade, Lebron and Bosh. They have great 3 point shooting and one of the top defensive teams. They lost last season because Lebron and Wade bitched up against the Mavs and while bitching up they still didn't want to give Bosh a lot of touches.

Triple U

Banned
What the fuck are you talking about? I mean really? You spouting off a whole bunch of bullshit brother, I don't give one fuck about the Heat.

There is nothing easy about putting like 70% of a teams production on three players. Its quite dumb actually.

No, I argued that Lebron is a flawed player whose flaws become even more pronounced in the playoffs. Ditto for Bosh.

Unless you want to argue that Miami lost because Mike Miller nor James Jones stepped up, instead of Lebron averaging 18PPG on 35FG% and 6TOPG or whatever stupid numbers he put up.
Dude you all were saying that shit. Do I really have to go back?

What?

I bet if we took a sampling of every player Lebron has played with, we'd find that on the whole, players get significantly worse statistically when they join his teams.

Yeah and when you can't hear shit, it sounds like the American Airlines Arena

Go root for the Dolphins.

Daaayuuuum

gaby goin' iiinnn

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yeah and when you can't hear shit, it sounds like the American Airlines Arena

Go root for the Dolphins.

iEZmZMpTaqZCb.gif

charsace

sounds like an angry bitter and tearful knicks fan posting in here

You're gonna be angry, bitter and tearful after the Heat choke in the playoffs again. Once Lebron started worrying about his image more than anything else he grew a vagina where his taint was. Then he went to Miami and everyone else turned into hermaphrodites too.

reilo

Dude you all were saying that shit. Do I really have to go back?

For the past five years I have been saying that Lebron is a playoff failure and that as long as he was the go-to player for a team that he would never win a championship.

Do you want to go back? Do you really want me to dig up the argument that got you your current username?

Triple U

Banned
lol wtf? Miami has Wade, Lebron and Bosh. They have great 3 point shooting and one of the top defensive teams. They lost last season because Lebron and Wade bitched up against the Mavs and while bitching up they still didn't want to give Bosh a lot of touches.

WTF is this supposed to mean? They produce less than OKCs three with a way worse supporting cast.

Redux

Banned
See this is why I don't fuck with your kind. I wish you were saying that shit in front of me.

Akron is a hellhole full of hoodlums and two-faced pricks who rally & root "for LeBron, not Cleveland." What horseshit. Most of the fans that go to Cavs games are 23-30 miles away.

You zips got excited because Jim Tressel came to town.

Triple U

Banned
For the past five years I have been saying that Lebron is a playoff failure and that as long as he was the go-to player for a team that he would never win a championship.

Do you want to go back? Do you really want me to dig up the argument that got you your current username?

Am I supposed to be scared?

Triple U

Banned
Akron is a hellhole full of hoodlums and two-faced pricks who rally & root "for LeBron, not Cleveland." What horseshit. Most of the fans that go to Cavs games are 23-30 miles away.

You zips got excited because Jim Tressel came to town.

And cleveland is a snob town filled with assholes who somehow think they have the ability to look down on someone. Its like they don't realize its still Ohio.

reilo

TripleU & CWF are really arguing that the Heat aren't star-studded? WTf?

Okay, name a single team with more star power. Go!

OKC's top scorers:

Durant (28PPG)
Westbrook (24PPG)
Harden (17PPG)

Ibaka (9PPG)
Cook (5PPG)
Perkins (5PPG)

That star-studded line-up.

Meanwhile, in Miami:

Lebron (27PPG)
Wade (22PPG)
Bosh (18PPG)

Chalmers (10PPG)
Cole (7PPG)
Haslem (6PPG)

Looks like to me that Durant and Westbrook have to do more.

Barrage

Are spoiled ass Bulls fans in this thread really talking about blowing up a 1 seed? The fuck outta here. Unless you can get Gasol or better, this is the team you should roll with, and win a shitful of games for the next half-decade.

reilo said:
OKC's top scorers:

Durant (28PPG)
Westbrook (24PPG)
Harden (17PPG)

Ibaka (9PPG)
Cook (5PPG)
Perkins (5PPG)

Meanwhile, in Miami:

Lebron (27PPG)
Wade (22PPG)
Bosh (18PPG)

Chalmers (10PPG)
Cole (6.5PPG)
Haslem (6PPG)

Somebody get Lebron some help!

...Did you really compare Ibaka to Chalmers, and Perkins to Haslem, and try to claim they're equal?

Are spoiled ass Bulls fans in this thread really talking about blowing up a 1 seed? The fuck outta here. Unless you can get Gasol or better, this is the team you should roll with, and win a shitful of games for the next half-decade.

They're probably not good enough to win a title and it's not like Boozeface and Noah are going to get any better.

And I'd bet you are wrong. Ask JJ hickson and varejo.

JJ Hickson:
2008-2009 (w/Lebron): 4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 12.5 PER in 11 mpg
2009-2010 (w/Lebron): 8.5 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 15.2 PER in 21 mpg
2010-2011 (Lebron leaves): 13.8 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 1.1 apg, 15.6 PER in 28 mpg

Anderson Varejao:
2009-2010 (w/Lebron): 8.6 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 15.8 PER in 29 mpg
2010-2011 (Lebron leaves): 9.1 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 15.2 PER in 32 mpg

note: Varejao was injured much of 2011 so his numbers are quite a bit worse than they'd normally be

reilo

...Did you really compare Ibaka to Chalmers, and Perkins to Haslem, and try to claim they're equal?

Perkins is terrible. Ibaka isn't all that good, either. Triple U is talking out of his ass, again.

Triple U

Banned
OKC's top scorers:

Durant (28PPG)
Westbrook (24PPG)
Harden (17PPG)

Ibaka (9PPG)
Cook (5PPG)
Perkins (5PPG)

Meanwhile, in Miami:

Lebron (27PPG)
Wade (22PPG)
Bosh (18PPG)

Chalmers (10PPG)
Cole (7PPG)
Haslem (6PPG)

Looks like to me that Durant and Westbrook have to do more.
Did you really just try to cherry pick to prove your point?

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/mia/miami-heat

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/okc/oklahoma-city-thunder

Wade Bosh Haslem and Miller have seen dips in their FG attempts, FT attempts, points, rebounds and assists since playing with james. Miller has seen less minutes but gets the same amount of 3 pt attempts.

Chalmers seems to be the only guy whose numbers aren't terribly affected by Bron gobbling up everyone's stats, he got his aspirations of being a PG dashed but he seems more suited for a spot up shooter role anyway.

Meanwhile Bron's stats take a slight dip that you'd expect from playing a few less minutes a game.

Bron's style of play helps a very certain types of player, the spot up shooter. When he bails during the playoffs, he throws off the entire team chemistry that he forces during the regular season.

If he would stay the same Bron throughout they'd chip easy.

this thread is amazing right now

Where is Jay Bilas (IWMTB) with who the Wiz should pick in the draft?

If he would stay the same Bron throughout they'd chip easy.

Eh I think Wade is more to blame. He took jumpshots out of his game and decided to just slash, and the result has been a ton of extra milage on Bron while Wade misses a bunch of games. Wade should have adjusted by working on his perimeter game which would help him be healthier and the offense flow better.

Triple U

Banned
JJ Hickson:
2008-2009 (w/Lebron): 4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 12.5 PER in 11 mpg
2009-2010 (w/Lebron): 8.5 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 15.2 PER in 21 mpg
2010-2011 (Lebron leaves): 13.8 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 1.1 apg, 15.6 PER in 28 mpg

Anderson Varejao:
2009-2010 (w/Lebron): 8.6 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 15.8 PER in 29 mpg
2010-2011 (Lebron leaves): 9.1 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 15.2 PER in 32 mpg

note: Varejao was injured much of 2011 so his numbers are quite a bit worse than they'd normally be

You might want to note that JJ Hickson's FG% dropped .100 percentage points. Its quite easy to average about 5 more points when your shots double.

reilo

You might want to note that JJ Hickson's FG% dropped .100 percentage points. Its quite easy to average about 5 more points when your shots double.

JJ Hickson playing behind All-Star Lamarcus Aldridge:

14.4PPG, 8RPG, 54FG%

reilo

Did you really just go to like the last guy off the bench? LOL You are still the same ole Reilo, good shit.

Who else do you want to name? Nick Collison? LOL. Thabo Sefalosha? LOL. Cole Aldrich? My god. Who are these star-studded-studs that back up Durant/Westbrook/Harden? Name them.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

Regular season don't mean shit. I don't want to become the 90s Knicks/LeBron Cavs/Dwight Magic. I'd honestly rather get to 1-2 NBA finals and lose, then rebuild, than continue to be mediocrely good like the Hawks/Rox/Suns.

Triple U

Banned
JJ Hickson playing behind All-Star Lamarcus Aldridge:

14.4PPG, 8RPG, 54FG%

So he got better after 2 years, cool story.
Who else do you want to name? Nick Collison? LOL. Thabo Sefalosha? LOL. Cole Aldrich? My god. Who are these star-studded-studs that back up Durant/Westbrook/Harden? Name them.

You do realize that you are comparing them to the likes of Joel Anthony, Turiaf, and Cole? Right?

reilo

So he got better after 2 years, cool story.

You do realize that you are comparing them to the likes of Joel Anthony, Turiaf, and Cole? Right?

I compared a bunch of mediocre role players to more mediocre role players?

Somebody call the cops, because I committed a crime.

Top Bottom