• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Do you happen to work in the marketing department of a failing multinational company?

No I dance, sing, and get bitches for a living.

A jump from 0.5 to 1.1 assist per game after playing 80 games should NEVER be brought up. He's essentially averaging 1 assist every 26 minutes. He also did great by doubling his TO too.

Shame on you, Justin.

Nick Young's apg went from 1.2 to .5 since joining the Clippers in only 5 less minutes. Therefore, Chris Paul dominates the ball at the expense of good ball movement and his teammates' statistical production.

Get on my level, son.

Oh my goodness I'm so pissed at 2k12 i swear to God they programmed cheap fouls in that game for OKC. My guys would be contesting and all of the sudden their would be a shooting foul. Also the only thing Durant ever misses is contested 3. Anything inside the 3pt line whether he's double or triple teamed is automatically in.

Literally screaming at my tv came back down from 12, drexler has like 30, and they get 4 bull crap steals. Screw that team

Better players due draw more fouls. Players with low DAWR gather more fouls. Kinda like real life.

Kevin has like a 90 mid and 80 3. Why would he miss?

linsivvi

No I dance, sing, and get bitches for a living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcF1AMace2s

Keep dreaming. :)

Nick Young's apg went from 1.2 to .5 since joining the Clippers in only 5 less minutes. Therefore, Chris Paul dominates the ball at the expense of good ball movement and his teammates' statistical production.

Get on my level, son.

You mean he went from 75 assists in 64 games to 10 assists in 20 games? The number is so insignificant that anybody who's passed some elementary level maths class can tell you that it's just noise.

I'm afraid that nobody wants to sink to your level.

Nick Young is a part of the problem with evaluating stats on a bad team.

Did he do better because opposing teams didn't bother to defend much knowing it was an easy victory, anyway? Did teams really play hard versus Washington all the time compared to the Clippers?

Stats (even meh stats) on a bad team mean nothing. You can't compare it to their stats on a good team. Just like the reverse where a prime Battier would probably look mediocre on a team like Washington.

Nick Young has been bad on the Clips. Will it continue? Who knows. Sure, the fact that he wasn't good on Washington is alarming in and of itself, but that he's worse now might be because he really is that bad when teams try to defend him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nick Young has been bad on the Clips. Will it continue? Who knows. Sure, the fact that he wasn't good on Washington is alarming in and of itself, but that he's worse now might be because he really is that bad when teams try to defend him.

I'd blame Vinny before anything else in this particular situation.

I'd blame Vinny before anything else in this particular situation.

Sure, the clips offensive sets are pretty dumb, too.

I'm just saying that it's impossible to know what any player is really like when all his games came from a really bad team (unless he's really bad there, too).

it's kind of like summer league. If you suck in summer league, you suck, but being good in summer league doesn't mean shit regarding the NBA.

tmdorsey

Came up on 2 lower level tickets to the game tonight.
3AQmK.gif

Hoping for a good one with homecourt pretty much on the line.

I'm glad that the Mavs didn't become the third team to win a title and not make it back to the playoffs. They're probably one and done but it was nice to see them pull it together after dropping the waste of space Lamar. They should have kept Chandler!!!

Oh and I like the new mobile GAF. Makes getting to these threads much easier again and with more features!

New mobile app won't let log in.

Can't really post until it's fixed.

Having to go to the full site on my phone fucking sucks.

here's the workaround:

sign in using the full desktop site neogaf.com.

once you're logged in, type in m.neogaf.com. you should then be logged in and on the mobile site.

National Basketball Players Association executive director Billy Hunter is pushing to organize a vote of team player representatives on Friday to oust union president Derek Fisher, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The union constitution isn’t readily available to the public, so it is unclear how many of the potential 30 team representatives would be needed to vote Fisher out of office. One player representative told Yahoo! Sports he wasn’t sure the reps could do anything but offer a “no confidence” vote. The rep still hadn’t heard from the NBPA on the timing of a call.

The speed with which Hunter is moving to crush Fisher has raised questions with players and agents in the past 24 hours. “He’s getting his way with the executive committee,” one agent told Yahoo! Sports, “but he doesn’t have as much broad support as he used to.”

Over the past several days, Hunter has launched an all-out assault through the eight-man executive committee to push out Fisher. Hunter successfully thwarted an audit of the union’s business and financial practices that Fisher pitched to the executive committee.

Hunter had the union's executive committee vote to seek Fisher's resignation, but Fisher refused to step down and has been working to gather a coalition of players to challenge Hunter’s business and financial practices, sources told Y! Sports. Fisher has told peers he will not resign, but rather fight Hunter for further transparency regarding the NBPA.

This showdown has been building for months and escalated in the past week when Fisher initially convinced the executive committee to vote for an independent auditor to look into Hunter’s regime.

Nevertheless, Hunter helped to convince the eight members of the committee to change course and turn on Fisher. Hunter has been unpopular with many players and agents for his lockout strategies, which led to unprecedented givebacks in last summer's labor battle with the league

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--n...NhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnMEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3

"I do and have always taken my job as president of the players' association very, very seriously," Fisher said on Friday. "And anyone or any group who questions my intentions in any decisions I've ever made that I felt were best for our players I think need to step back for a moment and ask themselves this: Why would I try and ask certain questions and call into review the association that I'm the president of unless I thought there were some serious questions that needed to be answered, things that I, as president, aren't satisfied with?

"It calls my leadership into question in some ways, in terms of not being able to put certain controls in place. I'll take the hits, and the negative comments that may come or whatever may happen, but it won't take me away or distract me from doing what I feel is best for all of our players.

"This is in no way about me. It's about our membership. So I won't lose focus of that idea. I'll continue to push for what I feel is right for our players."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/04/20/derek.fisher/index.html#ixzz1scOqS71M

Thanks Kev, I was permanently logged into the full site and mobile. Had to log out the full site then log back in then go to the mobile site.

We all just avoided a great tragedy.

I wish Bill Simmons would take some responsibility with his opinions and make sure he knew what he was talking about.

Then again I'd be bitter as fuck too if I was 40 and had the voice of a 15 year old.

Knicks waived Bill Walker to sign Dan Gadzuric. Good move for the Knicks since he's not Bill Walker.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO who will pee in towels now?
What about my dream of the all-stupid backcourt of Walker/JR Smith?

This move is due to concerns that Jared Jeffries will be out for longer than expected. Remember, his minutes are capped at 15 a game right now + you don't know how long you have Amare playing, if at all.
@NYPost_Berman Marc Berman
Amare will start and Woodson says don't know how many minutes he will play.
That's no big surprise, but this might be...
Carmelo Anthony had been starting at power forward in place of Stoudemire and will move back to small forward. Shooting guard Landry Fields, who has been struggling of late, will come off the bench while rookie guard Iman Shumpert remains in the starting lineup.
Woodson wants Shumpert on Lil' Kyrie. Baron Davis will guard whoever the SG is...

Yeah and when you can't hear shit, it sounds like the American Airlines Arena

Go root for the Dolphins.

why am I not surprised a knicks fan would bring the aaa into a discussion?

oh, it's because having "good fan support" is the only thing knicks fans have been able to brag about for over a decade now

The headline on ESPN Frontpage for Kobe's return

"Kobe will play Friday, get unlimited minutes"

lol.

I know they meant to say his minutes won't be limited, but it sounds like they're saying he will play forever.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

lol.

I know they meant to say his minutes won't be limited, but it sounds like they're saying he will play forever.

Are you sure the article isn't sponsored by AT&T?

h3ro

Woodson just confirmed on the Michael Kay Show to SAS that with Amare back, SHUMPS starts at 2 with Landry going to the bench.

I like it.

Also, no more Bill Walker!? WE ALREADY WON.

lol.

Made me lul too, like Kobea got ahold of cheatcodes. Also lol @ the installation of Amare.

Weird, I'm not logged in on the mobile site even though I'm logged in on the desktop one

log out of the desktop then sign back onto the desktop site.

Top Bottom