• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

this thread is amazing right now

Where is Jay Bilas (IWMTB) with who the Wiz should pick in the draft?

Eh I think Wade is more to blame. He took jumpshots out of his game and decided to just slash, and the result has been a ton of extra milage on Bron while Wade misses a bunch of games. Wade should have adjusted by working on his perimeter game which would help him be healthier and the offense flow better.
I think Bron's production being cut nearly in half in the finals was why they didnt chip.

Bron's game is Magic Johnson with much worse court vision and 100% less balls and no post presence.

His awkward amalgamation of skills make it hard to work around him. It turns everyone into spot up shooters, and they already have Miller chalmers and James jones.

He needs to work off the ball and continue to work on his post game. He's a rare talent like Big O, but also like Big O teammates never seem to compliment him very well.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
FUCKING IDIOTS

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketbal...194&feedID=10332&awid=9037224312838277866-914

MIAMI--While much of Derrick Rose's injury-plagued season can be blamed on simple "misfortune," as his coach, Tom Thibodeau, likes to put it, some of his travails could have been avoided, according to a source close to Rose.

Rose's frustration with feeling isolated by his fame was documented in a recent article in GQ Magazine, but the All-Star point guard is also troubled by the lack of attentiveness to concerns he's raised to the Bulls, a member of his camp told CSNChicago.com.

Among those issues is the fact that Rose's most recent ailments-a sprained right ankle and sore right foot-were exacerbated by the team's training staff's insistence on taping his ankles, a practice Rose has consistently fought against, opting instead for ankle braces.

First reported during the nationally-televised broadcast of the Bulls' Thursday-evening loss at Miami, Rose has suffered fluid build-up in his ankles, which the player himself acknowledged before the team's Wednesday morning shootaround in Charlotte, but the cause is reportedly his ankles being taped too tightly.

That information was confirmed to CSNChicago.com by a source familiar with the situation, but when asked about the report following Thursday's loss to the Heat, Thibodeau replied, "I haven't heard that. I don't know where this stuff comes from. We've got a great medical staff, I can tell you that."

JJ Hickson is like the worst player in the NBA. I don't think there's anyone who could make him salvageable.

I don't really care about this discussion but:

Hickson's TS% with LeBron: 58%
Hickton TS% in Cleveland without LeBron: 50%

The only thing that "improved" was that he had more touches and more minutes to be horrible in.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Have thekad or Triple U ever answered me on how many cookies Lebron has?

So wait, let me get this straight. You think a player increasing his points by 5, on 5 more shots is them getting better? Why the fuck am I even having this conversation?

2010 (w/Lebron): 1.328 pts/FGA
2011 (Lebron leaves): 1.179 pts/FGA
2012 (POR, w/all-star Lamarcus Aldridge): 1.321 pts/FGA

Ooooh, what a massive dropoff.

...meanwhile, hes grabbing 4 more rebs, getting twice as many assists, getting to the line twice as much, and scoring 6 more pts a game..

dat pts/FGA doe

Redux

Banned
And cleveland is a snob town filled with assholes who somehow think they have the ability to look down on someone. Its like they don't realize its still Ohio.

Ohio is a battleground state though!! Seriously, I have never heard of Cleveland being a snob city producing assholes. This isn't Boston, or any other east coast city.

Only "snob town" I can think of in Ohio is Columbus. Posers, Columbus people are pricks. No class trying to bring the "Weird Portland Vibe."

You guys can't be serious about Hickson. He's the worst defender in the NBA. Outside of one season with LeBron and this contract run, he's never been able to score efficiently. He was traded for Omri Cassipi who is not an NBA player at all. It's great to troll LeBron and everything, but Hickson is a worthless player who doesn't deserve any praise.

Redux

Banned
JJ Hickson is like the worst player in the NBA. I don't think there's anyone who could make him salvageable.

I don't really care about this discussion but:

Hickson's TS% with LeBron: 58%
Hickton TS% in Cleveland without LeBron: 50%

The only thing that "improved" was that he had more touches and more minutes to be horrible in.

He's good around the glass and grabbing boards when he has a C/PF to run screens and sets off of.

Triple U

Banned

...meanwhile, hes grabbing 4 more rebs, getting twice as many assists, getting to the line twice as much, and scoring 6 more pts a game..

dat pts/FGA doe

Hollinger is that you? L O L.

You also seem to forget that when we lost LBJ we lost Big Z and Shaq. Of course everybody is gonna increase the rebounding and assisting.

Hint: 5.3 more points on 5.3 more shots is not getting better.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hickson has been consistently terrible for his entire career.

Throwing out his numbers in tank-mode Portland is like me bringing up Derrick Brown's recent garbage time numbers in Charlotte.

Canuck76

Banned

JL3 FINALS MVP

That's just like wow. And if he knows that's happening, derrick don't let it happen bruh. Say something, ask people, don't allow them to do that, maybe? The organization can't force you to tape your ankles can they?

Also lol at Hickson haters. He literally just came in and started dropping numbers. He was the reason they beat the wolves earlier this season. But hey, whateves we'll just resign him for a cheap price.

Holy shit its like FG% is the only stat in basketball

The others don't exist at all no way

Lets all ignore them because they'd make Lebron look bad

IWMTB, I'm not saying Hickson isn't bad, but that he was worse with Lebron there. Dude scored 4 and 8 ppg the seasons he played with Bron, and TripU is trying to tell me that Lebron made him better. Thats some shit.

Triple U

Banned
Holy shit its like FG% is the only stat in basketball

The others don't exist at all no way

Lets all ignore them because they'd make Lebron look bad

IWMTB, I'm not saying Hickson isn't bad, but that he was worse with Lebron there. Dude scored 4 and 8 ppg the seasons he played with Bron, and TripU is trying to tell me that Lebron made him better. Thats some shit.

And you are acting like PPG is the only stat. You must also wonder why Rose gets laughed at for going like 25pts on 25 shots too huh?

Im saying that Bron made him better because I actually watched bron make him better. That summer after he trained with lebron his points "magically" doubled.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He's been consistently terrible.

He was misued as a big body by Mike Brown when they needed size on the court, but he was still fucking terrible regardless.

Miamis role players are a full notch below OKCs.

b5BiC.png

Yt8rh.png

Alright since everyone seems to be bent up talking about Hickson, how bout we talk about whats happened to Bosh since he went to Miami?

Bosh for 3333333 is obviously the proper way to use him, and his talents aren't being wasted or mismanaged at all amirite?

And you are acting like PPG is the only stat. You must also wonder why Rose gets laughed at for going like 25pts on 25 shots too huh?

Im saying that Bron made him better because I actually watched bron make him better. That summer after he trained with lebron his points "magically" doubled.

2nd year player marginally improves his statistical output with increased minutes. News at 11.

Give that man Most Improved. And in his teary acceptance speech he'll hand it to Breezy for all that intensive summer training.

Triple U

Banned
b5BiC.png

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/Yt8rh.png[/IMG]

Like you told me the other day, once people got back in shape the playing field became alot more even. You happen to have numbers since all-star break?
Alright since everyone seems to be bent up talking about Hickson, how bout we talk about whats happened to Bosh since he went to Miami?

Bosh for 3333333 is obviously the proper way to use him, and his talents aren't being wasted or mismanaged at all amirite?

Thats Lebrons fault?

thekad

Banned

But Bosh plays better without Wade than with him.

Spo misuses Bosh when all the Big 3 are in. We all know that.

Like you told me the other day, once people got back in shape the playing field became alot more even. You happen to have numbers since all-star break?

No, not sure how to do that for an entire team. Not going to do each player individually.

I remember an article earlier in the year that said OKC was either 1 or 2 in production from their big 3. Only Lakers (this was pre Sessions) was ahead or close. Of course, things change over the season.

What I take from those 2 things is this.

Ibaka is the best role player on both teams. However, Miami employs only 1 bad role player (Cole) with everyone else average or better. OKC, on the other hand, employs Fish (beyond horrible) and a couple mediocre ones after Ibaka and Collison.

OKC's top 5 > Miami's top 5. The top 8, however, is about equal. Although, Fish may be so bad that he tips the scale. And yes, that matters, because he is playing a lot

edit: Let me rephrase that as OKC 4-5 > Miami's 4-5, but the 4-8 is about equal

Thats Lebrons fault?

But Bosh plays better without Wade than with him.

Spo misuses Bosh when all the Big 3 are in. We all know that.

Lets just forget about Bosh looking like a #1 option again when it was just him and LBJ.

Its Spo and Wade

Not Bron

Hes a saint

smh

I wonder how long the excuses for Bron will last. Probably until hes 30. Then the world comes crashing down.

Canuck76

Banned
Oh my goodness I'm so pissed at 2k12 i swear to God they programmed cheap fouls in that game for OKC. My guys would be contesting and all of the sudden their would be a shooting foul. Also the only thing Durant ever misses is contested 3. Anything inside the 3pt line whether he's double or triple teamed is automatically in.

Literally screaming at my tv came back down from 12, drexler has like 30, and they get 4 bull crap steals. Screw that team

No, not sure how to do that for an entire team. Not going to do each player individually.

I remember an article earlier in the year that said OKC was either 1 or 2 in production from their big 3. Only Lakers (this was pre Sessions) was ahead or close. Of course, things change over the season.

What I take from those 2 things is this.

Ibaka is the best role player on both teams. However, Miami employs only 1 bad role player (Cole) with everyone else average or better. OKC, on the other hand, employs Fish (beyond horrible) and a couple mediocre ones after Ibaka and Collison.

OKC's top 5 > Miami's top 5. The top 8, however, is about equal. Although, Fish may be so bad that he tips the scale. And yes, that matters, because he is playing a lot

edit: Let me rephrase that as OKC 4-5 > Miami's 4-5, but the 4-8 is about equal

How is this guy getting so many minutes? I mean leadership and all but leadership does not equal to quality player.

linsivvi

dat pts/FGA doe

I don't want to get into this argument, but I gotta comment on this.

Do you happen to work in the marketing department of a failing multinational company? I can see that misrepresenting data to paint a rosy picture something that you do everyday.

A jump from 0.5 to 1.1 assist per game after playing 80 games should NEVER be brought up. He's essentially averaging 1 assist every 26 minutes. He also did great by doubling his TO too.

Shame on you, Justin.

Edit: You would have a bright future working for Sony.

Top Bottom