• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Lakers aren't losing because of coaching.

Lakers haven't played defense all fucking game. Acknowledge the real problem...

I believe Brown is supposed to be some sort of defensive coach and does this exclusively since he can't coach offense......and the D has sucked for a while....

New York started playing much better D after Antoni left. Brown deserves most of the blame if his only notable asset is nonexistent.

I never wanted him as coach and want him gone as soon as the lakers season ends. The pieces are decent enough to be better than this.

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers aren't losing because of coaching.

Lakers haven't played defense all fucking game. Acknowledge the real problem...

Since when are coaches not responsible for D? The stupid switching is ridiculous. Tell the players to stop it. Also Bynum should have been taken off Duncan after the first quarter.

I believe Brown is supposed to be some sort of defensive coach and does this exclusively since he can't coach offense......and them's D sucks....

New York started playing much better D after Antoni left. Brown deserves most of the blame if his only notable asset isn't nonexistent.

The D did improve for most of the year. Like I said earlier, it stopped because the team was tired and got Ramon and started to play O and outscore a bit.

I don't know what the reason tonight, is. Their help D is ATROCIOUS. No one is rotating at all.

I still think in the playoffs it will change. Also as I said, teams have shot insane against the Lakers from 3. Even against poor 3 point defense, it's still too high. It has to be a anomaly.

Well, we'll find out soon enough. Spurs destroyed Lakers on offense, tonight. But at least their defense isn't good and Lakers get good shots in all 3 games versus them. If the Lakers can get their D back to where it was the first 2 months...

Also, NYK played better D all year because of Tyson. It only improved after Mike Woodson took over because Amar'e got hurt. The Melo-Amar'e numbers are AWFUL.

Since when are coaches not responsible for D? The stupid switching is ridiculous. Tell the players to stop it. Also Bynum should have been taken off Duncan after the first quarter.

They are for the entire season. 1 game, though? the team isn't doing what they've been told to do by Brown. The defense just is lazy.

Emwitus

Letting go of lamar and brown was a pretty crappy decision. Blake is Freaking awful and almost seems like his ignoring everyone until the last minute. Bynum is playing crappy defence together with everyone else.....shut it down.

Another 3, lol.

7/10 tonight, one of which was blocked at the buzzer.

I thought I debunked this a few weeks ago. You CANNOT be last in steals and have a defense that is remotely close to "good"

They have improved their steals during that time, which is the funny part.

That's great but we will still finish the season DEAD LAST. There is no credible way to claim a "good" defense with such stats

Why? All that matters are stops, not steals. Steals help the offense, not defense. Steals are usually done by poor defensive teams.

Warriors used to lead the league in steals. Orlando has been poor at steals and had the best defense in 2010...

Let it rain, Gary. This s delicious. This kind of game always makes me smile when I read idiotic comments or articles from people that know nothing about basketball and dare call the Spurs boring. Their game is absolutely beautiful and it's like this pretty much every night out.

Since the Spurs got blown out against the Lakers, here is how they've responded. The 3 away games were part of a B2B2B

Memphis W 107-97
Phoenix W 105-91
@Golden State W 120-99
@ LA Lakers W 112-91
@Sacramento 127-102
LA Lakers ?????

Be kind of weird for the Spuds to win a championship with a high-octane offense/middling defense team. But I guess they can do it in a lockout year.

I wish Hill would play over Murphy. Or solely McBobs.

Man, those were 2 solid beat downs. At least the starters didn't play much, but now the Lakers have to continue playing games.

Damn those losses to Washington and Detroit. Knew they'd come back to bite them.

if you win out after this game or we lose even once, you have the third seed. It's a long shot for us to get there for sure.

you can lose and still get it. If Lakers lose to OKC and Sac.

Cloudy

Banned
Why? All that matters are stops, not steals. Steals help the offense, not defense. Steals are usually done by poor defensive teams.

Warriors used to lead the league in steals. Orlando has been poor at steals and had the best defense in 2010...

For the most part, steals are an indication of deflections which are an indication of good, active defensive strategy. I'm not saying being #1 means you're the best defensive team. However, Griz, Knicks, Heat, Mavs and Kings are top 5 with 4 of them being good to great defensively.

Being last definitely means you SUCK and put ZERO pressure on the ball though. No one can convince me otherwise regardless of other stats that claim we are good on defense while we give up easy shot after easy shot. Unlike bad teams, playoff teams usually capitilize on those

For the most part, steals are an indication of deflections which are an indication of good, active defensive strategy. I'm not saying being #1 means you're the best defensive team. However, Griz, Knicks, Heat, Mavs and Kings are top 5 with 4 of them being great defensively.

Being last definitely means you SUCK and put ZERO pressure on the ball though. No one can convince me otherwise regardless of other stats that claim we are good on defense while we give up easy shot after easy shot. Unlike bad teams, playoff teams usually capitilize on those

Chicago is bottom 6. And the difference between 2 and 6 is virtually nothing. Chicago is 2nd to last. They are clearly a bad defense. Right? Lakers steals rate over the past month is basically the same as Chicago, fwiw.

edit: Lakers defensive issues lately are easy. 3 point defense, transition defense, and defensive rebounding. It's not steals.

Let it rain, Gary. This s delicious. This kind of game always makes me smile when I read idiotic comments or articles from people that know nothing about basketball and dare call the Spurs boring. Their game is absolutely beautiful and it's like this pretty much every night out.

I wouldn't call them beautiful, I would call them mechanical.

Top Bottom