• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Could it just be Spurs are the better team? Oh the horror!

Lakers did the same to Dallas last regular season, including a demoralizing home beat down.

That didn't turn out so well for Lakers, now did it?

We'll see in a 7 game series (if it comes to it) when teams get to adjust better.

I thought diaw and Jackson played for Charlotte? Whatd I miss?

Diaw was cut.

Jax was traded for Maggette to milwaukee to start the season. Then traded to GSW in the Bogut deal. Then traded to Spurs for RJeff.

linsivvi

No. It is beautiful.

If you like machines.

Lakers did the same to Dallas last regular season, including a demoralizing home beat down.

We'll see in a 7 game series (if it comes to it) when teams get to adjust better.

Come on, the Lakers aren't beating them in a 7 game series.

Oh and BTW:

Nope. OKC is not gonna sweep us and we own the Spurs

STOP POSTING.

That game against the Kings is a must win now.

Diaw was cut.

Jax was traded for Maggette to milwaukee to start the season. Then traded to GSW in the Bogut deal. Then traded to Spurs for RJeff.

Spurs reacted to getting their ass kicked by beating the absolute shit out of everyone they've played since. Lakers still don't have an answer to defending TP. I don't know. And the Spurs have Pop. Not saying for sure the Spurs beat the Lakers in the playoffs, but I'd be disappointed if they didn't

Cloudy

Banned
Chicago is bottom 6. And the difference between 2 and 6 is virtually nothing. Chicago is 2nd to last. They are clearly a bad defense. Right? Lakers steals rate over the past month is basically the same as Chicago, fwiw.

edit: Lakers defensive issues lately are easy. 3 point defense, transition defense, and defensive rebounding. It's not steals.

Rose has also missed like 30 games and he gets 1 a game. Forget this month, look at the whole season (including the part where you say we played good D)! All those things you mentioned are part of it but our biggest issue is that we don't make other teams uncomfortable with the ball AT ALL

We'll definitely see, but this looks more like a preview of the playoffs if or when they face each other.

Lakers would have to beat OKC to play the Spurs in a 7 game series and that isn't happening even with the Thunder playing pretty bad recently.

Also, the Spurs are amazing to watch, I never got the hate though.

Come on, the Lakers aren't beating them in a 7 game series.

I don't agree, but the Spurs would be the faves. I still believe they can beat San Antonio in a playoff series. I'm not going to give them the crown when I've seen this story unfold so often (not just with Lakers).

That game against the Kings is a must win now.

Nope. If Lakers lose to OKC and Clips win out and Memphis loses 1, that game means nothing.

:(

Spurs reacted to getting their ass kicked by beating the absolute shit out of everyone they've played since. Lakers still don't have an answer to defending TP. I don't know. And the Spurs have Pop. Not saying for sure the Spurs beat the Lakers in the playoffs, but I'd be disappointed if they didn't

Phx, Sac, and GSW besides LA. 2 of those teams tanking...let's not get crazy.

Spurs were the 1 seed last year, too.

That said, you SHOULD be disappointed if they lose to anyone, including the Lakers. They'd also deservedly be the faves.

Personally, I don't think their style of play will win in the playoffs (Outside oriented offense, mediocre D) after 2 rounds, but it will be interesting to watch. I still think OKC, so long as fisher doesn't destroy them, comes out the West.

I don't agree, but the Spurs would be the faves. I still believe they can beat San Antonio in a playoff series. I'm not going to give them the crown when I've seen this story unfold so often (not just with Lakers).

Nope. If Lakers lose to OKC and Clips win out and Memphis loses 1, that game means nothing.

:(

Phx, Sac, and GSW besides LA. 2 of those teams tanking...let's not get crazy.

Spurs were the 1 seed last year, too.

That said, you SHOULD be disappointed if they lose to anyone, including the Lakers. They'd also deservedly be the faves.

Personally, I don't think their style of play will win in the playoffs (Outside oriented offense, mediocre D) after 2 rounds, but it will be interesting to watch. I still think OKC, so long as fisher doesn't destroy them, comes out the West.

Phoenix is fighting for a play off spot and the SAC and GSW were the book ends to a B2B2B. That's still impressive as fuck.

People keep talking about last year. And yeah, if Manu breaks HIS FREAKING ELBOW the last game of the season, we're fucked. I agree with that.

Rose has also missed like 30 games and he gets 1 a game. Forget this month, look at the whole season (including the part where you say we played good D)! All those things you mentioned are part of it but our biggest issue is that we don't make other teams uncomfortable with the ball AT ALL

I'll agree with this point. But it's not steals that are showing this, it's their hedging and rotations.

Teams are getting clean passing looks. The ball pressure has been bad, and that's why their D is getting shredded. They don't need to force turnovers, but they need to go back to forcing contested and off-balanced shots. Right now, teams are simply getting easy shots from every spot.

Phoenix is fighting for a play off spot and the SAC and GSW were the book ends to a B2B2B. That's still impressive as fuck.

People keep talking about last year. And yeah, if Manu breaks HIS FREAKING ELBOW the last game of the season, we're fucked. I agree with that.

Sac and GSW are tanking. The lineup the warriors sent out there...come on, man. Your starters played 10 min. Did I say the Lakers played well after losing to SAS last night by beating the Warriors starting FOUR rookies, 2 or 3 which are garbage?

If Manu was the difference between losing in 6 to Memphis last year or not, Spurs weren't going very far, anyway. OKC was going to take them out for sure.

edit: Don't take me the wrong way. Spurs are playing well, obviously. And responded well. But how many teams do we see this script? Bulls last year, Lakers too.

linsivvi

Steals are not always a good thing. The Lakers used to gamble a lot on defense and go for the steal, and it wasn't a good thing to do.

Cloudy

Banned
I'll agree with this point. But it's not steals that are showing this, it's their hedging and rotations.

Steals are a RESULT of hedging, rotating and just putting PRESSURE on the ball. I never said our defense is bad because we get no steals. I said we get no steals because our defense is bad. Think about it for a second lol

Seriously. Last year's team was anything but healthy. Sure, Manu, our best player at the time, returned during the 1st round, but he was not the same.

Steals are a RESULT of hedging, rotating and just putting PRESSURE on the ball. I never said our defense is bad because we get no steals. I said we get no steals because our defense is bad. Think about it for a second lol

And Chicago's D is still awesome despite not forcing many more turnovers than we've been forcing for over a month now...

Defense just needs to force bad shots and rebound. That's it.

Cloudy

Banned
Steals are not always a good thing. The Lakers used to gamble a lot on defense and go for the steal, and it wasn't a good thing to do.

I'd rather see gambling because at least it's proactive. We just sit back and react to whatever the defense wants to attack us with. It's bullshit and losing basketball

Seriously. Last year's team was nothing but healthy. Sure, Manu, our best player at the time, returned during the 1st round, but he was not the same.

Not to mention everyone forgets Tim fucked up his knee the last few weeks of the season as well. He had a MAJOR drop off too. Spurs have 0 margin of error health wise, but we win that series against the Grizzlies if Tim and Manu were playing like they are right now.

Cloudy

Banned
Also, the next time Mike Brown makes an in-game adjustment will be the first time. Horrendous....

PS: Putting Artest on Parker and still switching on the PnR is not a freakin' adjustment

pilonv1

LOL FRIDAY NIGHT KNICKS

did the Warriors a HUGE favour.

5. CLE 21 wins @SA, @MEM, vs. WAS, @ CHI
6. TOR 22 wins @DET, @MIL, vs. NJ
7. NJ 22 wins @MIL, vs. PHI, @TOR
8. GSW 22 wins @HOU, @MIN, vs. NO, vs. SA
9. DET 23 wins vs. TOR, @IND, vs. PHI

Odds of keeping pick:
Finish 5th: 99.6%
Finish 6th: 95.9%
Finish 7th: 75%
Finish 8th: 10%
Finish 9th: 6.1%

#dattank

Shadow780

f1CAa.gif

diehard

Fleer
LOL FRIDAY NIGHT KNICKS

did the Warriors a HUGE favour.

5. CLE 21 wins @SA, @MEM, vs. WAS, @ CHI
6. TOR 22 wins @DET, @MIL, vs. NJ
7. NJ 22 wins @MIL, vs. PHI, @TOR
8. GSW 22 wins @HOU, @MIN, vs. NO, vs. SA
9. DET 23 wins vs. TOR, @IND, vs. PHI

Odds of keeping pick:
Finish 5th: 99.6%
Finish 6th: 95.9%
Finish 7th: 75%
Finish 8th: 10%
Finish 9th: 6.1%

#dattank
never will there be a day i'm hoping my team loses.

diehard

Fleer
So why complain if it works? Instead of trading Deron for garbage the Jazz should have let him walk and made a run at the Bobcats

So does flopping, that doesn't mean its any less disgraceful.

and lol come on you know a weak troll like that isn't gonna get me.

Jeff-DSA

So why complain if it works? Instead of trading Deron for garbage the Jazz should have let him walk and made a run at the Bobcats

The Jazz didn't tank though. Even after the trade they tried to win, but the wins were just tough to come by because Harris was playing like hot garbage and the team was the youngest in the league.

The tanking does bother me too. It's basically flopping on a grand scale. You fall down on purpose and hope to be rewarded for it.

Jeff-DSA

I'm not a fan of it too, but I support the team above all else. So if it's in the rules, lets do it.

The league does nothing to discourage it, so yeah, it's basically like falling on your sword if you don't do it because everybody else at the bottom will and it can mean the difference of wallowing in the 8-9 conference finish year after year or playing for the 1-4 seeds on a consistent basis.

exarkun

Give the chip to San Antonio nao. They embarrassed the shit out of the lakers, bynum had how many turnovers, and action Jackson/Leonard on Kobe is a winning formula.

Manu has his legs under him, Parker is basically mvp (if lebron wasn't putting up such empty stats), Duncan is playing amazing efficient ball, and Splitter clearly spent the offseason in the gym with Tim. Dunno who can touch them outside of Memphis and mayyybe okc.

Watched the game and then partied with some fat Spurs fans (they only come in one size) and im not ashamed to say i got a little lucky.

Barrage

The NBA can kill tanking by simply changing how the Draft Lottery works (in the same way they changed the rules after the Rockets tanked to get Hakeem). Bring back the envelope system, which was by far the most exciting (and fair) Lottery system.

The NBA can kill tanking by simply changing how the Draft Lottery works (in the same way they changed the rules after the Rockets tanked to get Hakeem). Bring back the envelope system, which was by far the most exciting (and fair) Lottery system.

Stern wouldn't have anything to actually think about if you really made it random :(

Man, Cavs are crazy. We're pretty average at best, but it seems no matter what we'll get a win over Knicks at the Q.

I like that you guys are getting pissed off with flopping this year, as there's basically the exact same issue happening in football (soccer) at the moment too. Players diving and the refs falling for it. Again its the guys with reputation that seem to get away with it/fool the ref.

Top Bottom