• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

SillyPuty

For those who think it wasn't intentional... Did you see that he didn't move his other arm AT ALL!?!!? I could understand that argument if his other arm was moved in a similar way (maybe to simulate him ripping off his jersey or something). But no he didn't. He purposely clocked Harden. Ron Artest doesn't belong in the NBA, what a total disgrace to his team.

Canuck76

Banned
Artest could have put Harden into a coma if that elbow would have hit harden in a bad way on the temple or if he put his lights out and harden couldn't control his fall.

Yeah. And it's so obviously intentional. I don't know if he meant to go for head but dude wound up, followed through contact. It's possible he though Durant or Ibacka was on him and he though he was going to get shoulder.

I don't know maybe I'm just trying to find a way to explain it. But that was probably the cheapest shot i've ever seen. Harden had no fricking clue.

lMYQD.gif

And you're a fucking homer. Sure, maybe he wanted to brush him off but why exactly would he intentionally elbow someone on the head knowing he's one of Stern's favorite targets
Are you trolling? Were talking about Ron Artest.

How can you watch that replay and NOT think he's a piece of shit?

entremet

Didn't wade just recently swing an elbow @ Hamilton, didn't even get a flagrant. And Bynum's against barea was far worse.

When you're hitting the head, you talking about lethal territory. Barea was hit in the ribs. Not even comparable in terms of possible damage.

Didn't wade just recently swing an elbow @ Hamilton, didn't even get a flagrant. And Bynum's against barea was far worse.

No No No.

Wade pushed someone on the body. Bynum elbowed someone on the body.

Metta elbowed someone on the side of their head full force. You can kill someone like that. Big fucking difference.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
You guys are insane. He wasn't even looking at the guy. Maybe Harden should get out of the other player's personal space?

It was clearly a move to brush the guy off but no one can convince me he meant to hit him in the head. WHY would he do that?
Are you seriously asking why Artest would do anything he does?

Jonm1010

Banned
He should honestly be thrown out of the league if Harden has concussion symptoms after that.

Completely intentional and utterly unnecessary. And you know Ron doesn't give a single fuck right now.

I don't disagree, but I don't think the league has the balls to make that big of a statement.

Anyone defending that Ron Ron play can GTFO.

It's literally indefensible.

It wasn't an accident...it was filthy and I have no desire to watch play like that.

No fucking place for that shit in the league.

Period.

You guys are insane. He wasn't even looking at the guy. Maybe Harden should get out of the other player's personal space. It was clearly a move to brush the guy off but n one can convince me he meant to hit him in the head. WHY would he do that?

You've got to stop posting. Where his eyes were don't matter. It's the intent of raising your elbow and following through. Look at how he explained himself to ref and what he did in the replay. Two different things.

Ron CONNECTED with the elbow, he'll have to suffer the consequences for that.

dream

You lose the moral high ground when you use one Laker's thuggery as a model to explain why another Laker's thuggery isn't that bad.

Cloudy

Banned
Metta elbowed someone on the side of their head full force. You can kill someone like that. Big fucking difference.

You REALLY think he meant to hit him in the head? It's fine if they suspend him for the outcome but there is no way he meant to elbow him in the head.

charsace

Yeah. And it's so obviously intentional. I don't know if he meant to go for head but dude wound up, followed through contact. It's possible he though Durant or Ibacka was on him and he though he was going to get shoulder.

I don't know maybe I'm just trying to find a way to explain it. But that was probably the cheapest shot i've ever seen. Harden had no fricking clue.
He meant to go for the head. You can see that Artest feels Harden's elbow and shoulder on his side. Artest used that to size up Harden. He measured that elbow and then let it loose.

Ohwiseone

Cloudy, just fucking stop man.

Artest did it intentionally, he knew harden was there, and raised his elbow to hit him.

As said earlier, he then got into fighting stance afterwords, he knew full well what he did, he will be suspended for it.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
You guys are insane. He wasn't even looking at the guy. Maybe Harden should get out of the other player's personal space?

It was clearly a move to brush the guy off but no one can convince me he meant to hit him in the head. WHY would he do that?

So you mean he swung his elbow with enough force to knock Harden down, then FOLLOW THROUGH with the swing, and then not look back to see why he made contact with someone's head?

as to why - it's Ron Fucking Artest. you act as if he doesn't have a long history of crazy that explains this behavior.

Yea artest seems like one of those types who are too dumb to feel pain. You gotta grab something and knock his ass out.

This.

Well..

I always wanted Ebanks to get more minutes. I just wish Mike Brown wasn't so stupid as to wait until 80% of the regular season was done for it to happen.

Ebanks/Barnes ain't Ron Artest/BArnes...but I'm hoping the Lakers can be better on their defensive rotations with Ebanks.

No way the man on man defense is better, but Ebanks played at West Virginia where they coached defense first, plus he's a good size and should be able to move his feet.

His main problem defending small forwards is going to be his thinness.

God...Ebanks is like Durant, with without the offensive game.

Cloudy

Banned
Cloudy, just fucking stop man.

Artest did it intentionally, he knew harden was there, and raised his elbow to hit him.

As said earlier, he then got into fighting stance afterwords
, he knew full well what he did, he will be suspended for it.

WTF does that have to do with anything? Like JVG said, you have to be ready to protect yourself

he may not have meant to hit him in the head and knock him out, but he clearly intentionally threw a wild elbow at a guy next to him. Yeah, he might have wanted to shove him off or hit him in the chest, but maybe he should be more careful about the way he throws elbows around or, gee, I don't know, NOT THROW THEM AT ALL? Where he meant to hit him is irrelevant.

Look no further than how many hockey and baseball seasons and careers have been derailed by concussions. You can't have that shit.

also if it was completely unintentional, your first reaction would be to say "My bad" and check on the guy you just hit, not keep on running. He was clearly gunning for contact and should pay for it.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
so, considering that people in the Staples Center supposedly haven't been shown replays of the hit, what are the chances that Harden is booed when he gets back on the court?

SamuraiX-

You REALLY think he meant to hit him in the head? It's fine if they suspend him for the outcome but there is no way he meant to elbow him in the head.

I refuse to believe you can be this fucking dense.

He didn't want to go for the head? HE FUCKING THREW THE ELBOW AT SHOULDER LEVEL. The fuck would you have expected to happen?

h3ro

Artest needs to miss some serious time for that crap.

Looks like Harden is gonna play.

I can't wait for someone to make the statement that Artest shouldn't be punished as severely because he didn't maim Harden.

Canuck76

Banned
He meant to go for the head. You can see that Artest feels Harden's elbow and shoulder on his side. Artest used that to size up Harden. He measured that elbow and then let it loose.

Looking at it, he does seem to measure where the head is. He seems to be able to feel out where the general head space is and then goes for that area if that makes sense

He touches his elbow to the arm then winds up, evens out his arm and sends his elbow at Harden's head space. I'm pretty sure he knew it was straight at the side of his head

No No No.

Yea, straight up cheap shot. There's no other way to really look at that.

Everyone saying "I can't wait till the Lakers are done" can go fuck themselves, but what Ron pulled was bullshit and can end someone's career.

Head is something you don't fuck around with.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It's ridiculous that they're going to let him play. You seriously don't see clean elbows hit that hard in the octagon, very often.

Emwitus

No No No.

Barea could have easily gone down horribly. Thank goodness he didn't. Wade swang his elbow to the body......Biggest freaking difference is artest hit harden's head.

Top Bottom