• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Either slamming the ball down like a angry little kid is a tech or not. Doesn't really matter if the call was bad.

Also wtf at Durant and Kobe trading eye pokes. Cmon yall.

charsace

Cmon bruh if Metta elbowed him full force they would have had to bring the cart out for him. Either their is some floppage on Hardens part or Artest didnt elbow him full force. Lets be honest.

He did elbow him full force. You just don't generate the same power swinging and hitting back as you do swinging forward.

disappointed.gif

Im not even a Lakers fan =/

Thunder are really playing with an edge to them. This is a scary team with that much focus.

Well, assuming Lakers are going to lose in the playoffs, I would like to see Durant hoisting that finals MVP.

mcten: Now the fun starts: Metta gets a dunk then James Harden goes down with a hard elbow. Metta claims he was just beating his chest. [via

ESPNLandOLakers:
You're kidding, right? That's ridiculous. BK RT @hidaniel: He was faking so Artest would get a bigger suspension. [via Twitter]
Twitter is amazing

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah Artest's prior history coupled with the severity of the blow on top of his immediate reaction after the blow to escalate the confrontation further by further provoking players and bucking up into a fighting stance is why this should be handeled with more punishment than a random scuffle between players with no prior history of severe physical misconduct toward other players.

Actually, it'll work better in the playoffs due the pace being slower--the only team that really worries me speed-wise is OKC.

Did you see San Antonio? They speed the Lakers too.

Memphis will speed the Lakers too, and abuse Steve Blake playing at the same time with Sessions.

Ok...so DALLAS is the only team that won't speed the Lakers. OK.

The Lakers are lucky they won't meet see Houston or Phoenix in the playoffs.

Thunder are really playing with an edge to them. This is a scary team with that much focus.

Well, assuming Lakers are going to lose in the playoffs, I would like to see Durant hoisting that finals MVP.

Wat?

That shit walked out the door with Chris Paul.

Not sure why you've been holding on this long...

Canuck76

Banned
Games basically over. Kobe is sucking and Bynum and Pau are doing crappy. I don't think anyone wants to play except the Thunder to get back at the Lakers.

So the Lakers are going to get blown out against the Spurs and Thunder in the same week. Real talk, are they going to play the Grizz in the first round?

dumbfuck offense. geting kobe the ball behind the 3 for an iso after passing it around.

oh stop, the game was over the moment ron elbowed Harden.

Lakers look like they know their season is fucked. OKC playing mad.

Can't believe Ron might have just handed the Clippers their only division title.

So the Lakers are going to get blown out against the Spurs and Thunder in the same week. Real talk, are they going to play the Grizz in the first round?

If they do, Grizz win. No Ron to guard Gay.

Doomsayer

I would like to point out that since Konex said he doesn't fear the 5pur5 and that we are a lock for the three seed, we have been stomped twice by the 5pur5 and are in the process of getting stomped by the Thunder.

Meanwhile Flop City gets the play the Hornets.

We are fucked.

Also, hey Lakers those losses to the Pistons and the Wizards sure do suck now, don't they?

Rest everyone and get the 5th seed. We are going home early anyway.

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT KONEX!

They still have to get past MIA. Last game was pretty intense and physical and we matched them blow for blow.

Jonm1010

Banned
Don't worry...I'm sure the ghost of Gordon and Kaman will come to haunt us in due time.

You better be wrong because if the hornets get a worse lottery position because they win a few of these last games I'll be pissed.

Stick the knife into us CP3! It's the least you could do to help the city after you broke up with us and left us empty and hollow inside.

Nori Chan

I would like to point out that since Konex said he doesn't fear the 5pur5 and that we are a lock for the three seed, we have been stomped twice by the 5pur5 and are in the process of getting stomped by the Thunder.

Meanwhile Flop City gets the play the Hornets.

We are fucked.

Also, hey Lakers those losses to the Pistons and the Wizards sure do suck now, don't they?

Rest everyone and get the 5th seed. We are going home early anyway.

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT KONEX!

dont forgot that he said we will not get swept by okc
#TrueStory

So apparently there was a Ron Artest sighting today. I guess he forgot to take his crazy pills this morning.

I don't know... it obviously was a bad hit but I think he should be suspended for < 5 games. He never made eye contact with Harden, so it seemed more like a flash-anger hit. It was more reckless than premeditated. For example Bynum's hit on Barera last year was clearly premeditated. Metta's elbow was reckless in comparison.

That said, an elbow to the head is very dangerous. You can't fling your elbows above your shoulder precisely because you can do serious damage to someone (concussion, broken nose, and etc).

Top Bottom