• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

A couple minutes ago when Westbrook passed to Ibaka during the fastbreak, the announcers regarded it as an "unselfish play"... I don't understand that. It counted as an assist, and that is what your point guard is supposed to be doing anyway.

If anything, Westbrook has been more "selfish" this year, he averaged 8 assist per game the last two seasons, but is down to just 5.3 apg and while taking more shots.

charsace

So apparently there was a Ron Artest sighting today. I guess he forgot to take his crazy pills this morning.

I don't know... it obviously was a bad hit but I think he should be suspended for < 5 games. He never made eye contact with Harden, so it seemed more like a flash-anger hit. It was more reckless than premeditated. For example Bynum's hit on Barera last year was clearly premeditated. Metta's elbow was reckless in comparison.

That said, an elbow to the head is very dangerous. You can't fling your elbows above your shoulder precisely because you can do serious damage to someone (concussion, broken nose, and etc).

He needs to get a 20 game suspension. The point where the elbow hit could get you disqualified from a match in MMA. That was really close to the back of the head. And he hit a guy that wasn't even prepared for it. He doesn't even acknowledge Harden, but when Ibaka touches him Artest turns around and is ready to throw hands.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Games basically over. Kobe is sucking and Bynum and Pau are doing crappy. I don't think anyone wants to play except the Thunder to get back at the Lakers.

cmon man

large_jordanh625.jpg

dude's ballin

I didn't say they'd win, I said I'd be rooting for it...

Fair enough. I'm not saying they'd lose for the record. Who knows what the fuck you will get outta LBJ.

So 3 teams already forfeited against the Heat. That's a ton of rest before the Finals. They will be rusty.

As of right now we have two virtual byes to the ECF. We would either meet a banged-up bulls team or the C'z. Considering how heavy favorites we supposedly were last year, I don't see why that would change for a one year older celtic team.

Doomsayer

Mike Brown didn't see a play in front of his bench after Artest had a fast break dunk. Shut the fuck up, Mike. I wish you would get suspended.

Mike Brown didn't see a play in front of his bench after Artest had a fast break dunk. Shut the fuck up, Mike. I wish you would get suspended.

Actually, considering his angle, he probably didn't. Artest's elbow was on the other side of the court and was blocked in view by Harden's face. Plus, he was probably looking at the other basket yelling for Lakers to get back on D.

But i do wish he was suspended, lol.

Doomsayer

Kobe's gonna throw Brown under the bus after they get booted from the 1st round.

It will be absolutely deserved.

Guy has no creativity on offense, his defensive scheme does not fit with our current core. His rotations are mindfuckingly stupid. He is more of the team motivator then a coach, he is just not the right fit for this team. There were so many other options out I just can't fathom why they decided to hire Brown.

Not to mention he ran his players into the ground, a 33 year old Kobe should not EVER play 40+ on average.

Actually, considering his angle, he probably didn't. Artest's elbow was on the other side of the court and was blocked in view by Harden's face. Plus, he was probably looking at the other basket yelling for Lakers to get back on D.

But i do wish he was suspended, lol.

I have to disagree. He was almost directly in front of where Brown yells his bullshit. I'm sure he seen the elbow and subsequent fall to the ground.

Just like I'm sure he seen Mo Williams dunk against the Celtics.

Jonm1010

Banned
So apparently there was a Ron Artest sighting today. I guess he forgot to take his crazy pills this morning.

I don't know... it obviously was a bad hit but I think he should be suspended for < 5 games. He never made eye contact with Harden, so it seemed more like a flash-anger hit. It was more reckless than premeditated. For example Bynum's hit on Barera last year was clearly premeditated. Metta's elbow was reckless in comparison.

That said, an elbow to the head is very dangerous. You can't fling your elbows above your shoulder precisely because you can do serious damage to someone (concussion, broken nose, and etc).

Prior history, severity of the blow and his reactions immediately after landing the blow are why this should be severe. Meaning greater than 5 games.

What message is the league sending if they only suspend MWP for 3 games? When the guy who committed the act has a severe past history of physical misconduct and just committed another offense in a manner that could of potentially seriously damaged another player for the rest of his life?

Especially when you factor Stern's emphasis on this being the no thug league and with the NFL over there facing billion dollar class action lawsuits for that leagues negligence in preventing and treating concussions?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I haven't seen the play. Was it worse than Bynum's hit on Barea last year? Andrew got 5 for that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Prior history, severity of the blow and his reactions immediately after landing the blow are why this should be severe. Meaning greater than 5 games.

What message is the league sending if they only suspend MWP for 3 games? When the guy who committed the act has a severe past history of physical misconduct and just committed another offense in a manner that could of potentially seriously damaged another player for the rest of his life?

Especially when you factor Stern's emphasis on this being the no thug league and with the NFL over there facing billion dollar class action lawsuits for that leagues negligence in preventing and treating concussions?

Yup if Ronny doesn't get 10-20+ games they might as well say that as long as you look away cheap shots don't matter.

Kobe's gonna throw Brown under the bus after they get booted from the 1st round.

Eh...seriously, what would be the point of that?

Kobe should sit for the playoffs.

What's the point of even wasting yourself playing when you aren't in championship contention?

Lakers should be eliminated from playoff eligibility every year we aren't that caliber.

Just making the playoffs might be fine for other fanbases, but not for us.

Yankees-Age knows what the fuck I'm talking about.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just saw that Artest elbow... He clearly intended to throw it, but I don't think he meant to put it on Harden's head.

Of course he had to act like he was ready to fight and shit instead of just owning up though. Wouldn't be surprised if he was kicked out of the league entirely for it.

oh damn i thought the knicks had a small chance of getting to 6th if they win out and magic lose out but i just saw they play the bobcats. oh well.

Top Bottom