• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If by "win" you mean "PRESERVIN' DAT TANK" then awwwwwwwwwww yyyeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

The Bumcats are fucking it up right now though. Assholes.

tank is barreling out of control

kemba is worse than anyone could've imagined

Damn. Just read this on the Coach Nick stream:

The Frankman(Philadelphia, United States)Coach Nick, I did an analysis of OKC possessions that have 2 or less passes. Over 70% of OKC possessions have that. OVER 70 percent... They don't run plays.
Obviously someone is using my name there. Everyone knows I live in NY.

Hopefully Harden is ok. Good win for the Lakers and lakers-age.

Kobe has still got it man. I'd love to know what was said during that post-game exchange between Brown and Kobe.

"Thanks for drawing up that play for me, Coach. It worked perfectly!"

"No prob, Mike, I'm here to help"

Also, lol espn/abc for basically ignoring artest's bullshit play.

They showed it 50 times and spent the whole halftime segment on it. Meanwhile, in the gym that it happened, never appeared on the big board.

Canuck76

Banned
Dallas blew a 20 point lead in the 4th versus Portland in the playoffs. Last year.

Why do people keep forgetting this?

But they also came back the next game and shut the Blazers down.

We'll have to see what happens in the playoffs

Really sad that this whole game was sullied by the MWP cheap shot. Probably the playoffs are messed up now that Harden will be out for at least a little bit.

Damn. Just read this on the Coach Nick stream:

The Frankman(Philadelphia, United States)Coach Nick, I did an analysis of OKC possessions that have 2 or less passes. Over 70% of OKC possessions have that. OVER 70 percent... They don't run plays.

PnR for YNB iso. Simple screens for Durant jumpers. Best team in the west. They be ight.

Ohwiseone

Dallas blew a 20 point lead in the 4th versus Portland in the playoffs. Last year.

Why do people keep forgetting this?

Because Dallas won the championship,

which according to some people on here the Thunder can't do because they are "constructed" weird.

This loss sucks, but I am not gonna lose sleep over it, we are the second seed and that's fine. we will play either Dallas or Denver.

I am used to these stupid blow lead losses.

Canuck76

Banned
Can't wait to witness the Thunder going fishing after the first round.

They'll make it to the second. Oh man i want to see Lakers destroy fake sonics in the playoffs it's not even funny. Will be an awesome series for sure.

Hope and pray Harden is good enough for the second round. They shouldn't rush him back in.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
WOW@ Jordan Hill stats. Fucking animal today... o_O

Huge round of applause for Steve, RZA, and Jordan. We needed them badly tonight and they came through in spades. And damn is it good to have the Mamba back. Dude is the straight up Anti-LeBron. lol

As happy as I am right now I'm still having trouble getting over that Artest elbow though. ugh... I really hope Harden is ok.

Artest missing more than 3 games is going to hurt us badly. I'd be shocked if he didn't get at least 5+ for that shit. =/

KingGondo

Banned
All comes down to if Harden is Healthy.

If Harden is done for the year, i'm not sure OKC can chip.
If that's true, it goes beyond "not sure." They flat-out can't.

They said he could have played in the second half though, he'll be fine. And he'll get rest because the 1-seed is done now.

Because Dallas won the championship,

which according to some people on here the Thunder can't do because they are "constructed" weird.

This loss sucks, but I am not gonna lose sleep over it, we are the second seed and that's fine. we will play either Dallas or Denver.

I am used to these stupid blow lead losses.

Blowing leads doesn't mean anything, it's the fact that OKC devolved into the same BS that thwarted them in the playoff last year. Nothing has changed.

WOW@ Jordan Hill stats. Fucking animal today... o_O

Huge round of applause for Steve, RZA and Jordan. We needed them badly tonight and they came through in spades. And damn is it good to have the Mamba back. Dude is the straight up Anti-LeBron. lol

As happy as I am right now I'm still having trouble getting over that Artest elbow though. ugh... I really hope Harden is ok.

Artest missing more than 3 games is going to hurt us badly. I'd be shocked if he didn't get at least 5+ for that shit. =/

The way Stern operates, Artest is done for the year.

This might have been his last game as a Laker.

ehhh, I complained about Sessions-Blake AND Hill. I did say like a post or two later I was surprised no McBobs, but I'm fine with Hill over Murphy.

Just don't want to see Sessions-Blake together versus a real 2 guard.

Mike's problem is that he needed a gun to his head. McRoberts should be first off the bench. When it's a bad matchup, he goes to Murphy. If neither of them work, he benches both of them. Hill should have received at least 1 minute after them.

Today Brown's job security is practically on the line and HILL comes off first? so what happens on Thursday? Is Hill first now and McRoberts is second? Murphy is out? What about the playoffs?

Brown is clueless.

Canuck76

Banned
Really hope Harden is healthy by the second round. What are the matchups for the playoffs now? Lakers versus Clippers? And OKC versus dallas or denver?

Mike's problem is that he needed a gun to his head. McRoberts should be first off the bench. When it's a bad matchup, he goes to Murphy. If neither of them work, he benches both of them. Hill should have received at least 1 minute after them.

Today Brown's job security is practically on the line and HILL comes off first? so what happens on Thursday? Is Hill first now and McRoberts is second? Murphy is out? What about the playoffs?

Brown is clueless.

Agree 100%. Makes no sense. he's random.

That said, him not benching Hill in the 4th and OTs for Bynum was really big. 1 step forward, 1 step back?

Ohwiseone

Really hope Harden is healthy by the second round. What are the matchups for the playoffs now? Lakers versus Clippers? And OKC versus dallas or denver?

Dallas at the moment, which scares the living shit out of me (manily cuz of dirk).

I hope that denver will lose and fall, I would much rather face Denver than Dallas.

Then the second round could open us as either the Clippers,lakers, or grizz.

(hoping clippers)

Nori Chan

If that's true, it goes beyond "not sure." They flat-out can't.

They said he could have played in the second half though, he'll be fine. And he'll get rest because the 1-seed is done now.

They said that he had concussion like symptoms while walking back to the court

Yo, they got the 18 point lead WITHOUT him. It's not like they built the lead on Steve Nash then lost to an accident.

Exactly.

I'm not saying it's unprecedented, but generally championship teams know how to grind it out even if their large lead dwindles late in the game.

Granted this is ultimately a meaningless game, but I would be a little concerned that OKC wasn't able to hang on considering they have such exceptional free throw shooters. Instead of doing fadaway chucks at the end of the 4th, they should have been driving hard trying to get to the line.

Top Bottom