• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Canuck76

Banned
Bynum had 10 points on 30% shooting and 8 boards in 29 minutes. He was also minus 18

Harden had 14 points on 5/7 shooting and 3 assists in 14 minutes.

I think it was a bigger loss to the Thunder than the Lakers

This game yes. But if Bynum gets in a good rhythm its over. Who stops him? Perkins?

Vyer

Where Harden was standing doesnt mean shit.

Artest went nuts and swung his elbow full force into someone's head. Considering the things that has happened when Artest goes crazy a major suspension wouldn't be surprising. May not happen but shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

Alston? A slap isn't going to send someone to a doctor.

There is no way that elbow was unintentional. That kind of wind up is never a natural motion. He intended to throw it - at the head or not is up for (slight) debate but he cocked that shit back and unloaded. Not only that, but he goes straight to nutgrab QB ALL DAY ERRRDAY when it was time to answer for it.

Model citizen now or not, his resume isn't one easily forgotten.

The part that seals it for me was Ron goes up with the elbow. Not directly to the side which is a natural motion, but up which is a totally uncomfortable way to move your elbow unless you chose to do it

Canuck76

Banned
The part that seals it for me was Ron goes up with the elbow. Not directly to the side which is a natural motion, but up which is a totally uncomfortable way to move your elbow unless you chose to do it

If it was natural it would have come back down at an angle. Instead he sends it horizontally in roundabout way.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Exactly. I don't want to say he's headhunting because the elbow would've been higher... plenty of guys throw that the shoulder and its never something that reaches a replay. Still, he meant to throw it. That is clear as day.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ron Artest's elbow wasn't intentional -- it was instinct. That dumbass doesn't know any better.

The whole debate whether it was intentional or not doesn't even matter in Artest's cases because he doesn't know the difference anyhow.

KEVIN DING ‏
Metta: "I got really emotional, really excited. And it was unfortunate that James had to get hit with the unintentional elbow."

KEVIN DING ‏
Metta: "I hope he's OK. The Thunder, they're playing for a championship this year. So I really hope he's OK, and I apologize ... "

KEVIN DING ‏
Metta: "... to the Thunder and to James Harden. Such a great game, and it was unfortunate so much emotion was going on at that time."

reilo

nba_u_metta_cr_576.jpg

Is he touching an official? That just might get him extra days.

reilo

To be fair to her, she got like 3 tickets for like 25 bucks. And she doesn't watch the NBA so she doesn't know about tanking and such.

Chances are if it's empty enough in the lower bowls they'll just have everyone move down to make it look better on tv.

Chances are if it's empty enough in the lower bowls they'll just have everyone move down to make it look better on tv.

Would you subject anyone to the game? I actually asked her if she was punishing the kids when she told me she was taking them to the game. lol

diehard

Fleer
I don't know what to be more upset about, the fact that i can't find a working Kings-Bobcats stream or the fact that i'm looking for a Kings-Bobcats stream.

reilo

Would you subject anyone to the game? I actually asked her if she was punishing the kids when she told me she was taking them to the game. lol

The kids won't know any better, so I am not sure it matters in the end until they are older and they understand the nuances of the game better.

The kids won't know any better, so I am not sure it matters in the end until they are older and they understand the nuances of the game better.

Yeah, I had told her the game would be terrible but that the kids would love the spectacle. If we're still dating in February, I'm taking them to the Piston's/Spur's game though.

I totally get the Warriors tanking to get their pick back, but I'm pretty disappointed the Jazz won't get that pick. Lot of good players this year and the pick could be pretty awful next year if the Warriors are good and if next year's draft is as bad as its hyped to be and looks.

Charlotte is losing by 30 at home to Sacramento. It's only the 3rd quarter.

Has to be the worst team ever, right? That 9-73 team couldn't have been this bad.

Where Harden was standing doesnt mean shit.

Artest went nuts and swung his elbow full force into someone's head. Considering the things that has happened when Artest goes crazy a major suspension wouldn't be surprising. May not happen but shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

I wouldn't care if Artest is lost for the entire playoffs.

People seem to not realize that a lot of defensive rotation MISTAKES that are made by the Lakers that result in other teams dropping threes on them are due to Ron gambling.

I would rather the SF rotation be Barnes/Ebanks. I've wanted it since week one. I wanted Ron amnestied, if not Luke Walton.

Ron Ron....get some rest.

Top Bottom