• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Gabyskra

Banned
392520_398347090197923_394896377209661_1261023_1559594811_n.jpg

linsivvi

Can't believe I missed this gem. Mike Brown sticking with the bench the entire 4th and OTs is what saved them.

Konex's powers are beyond comprehension. For a while I thought it was a statistical oddity, but at this point I have to reject science is favor of a higher explanation.

Nope. OKC is not gonna sweep us and we own the Spurs

In other words, one of your usual baseless basketball predictions that typically creates the opposite outcome?

Memphis it is then. Bring it on.

That comment about Mike Brown going to the bench prevented it from happening. Amazing.

h3ro

We've been hearing more decrying of flopping lately. I hope that spurs some movement in developing some form of punishment system for it. Techs leading to suspensions that are instituted after review during or after the game. In that Evans example against the Hornets, why couldn't the refs give him a tech after seeing the flop on replay? They should have that ability, at least for flops.

Also, I changed my alarm music to Snake Eater from Metal Gear 3.

Best. Decision. Ever.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I want people to try that shit for themselves. Flopping that hard takes anticipation, practice, dedication, athleticism, and a keen understanding of the officials, opposing players, and all onlookers in the arena.

I mean just look at Paul. He sells out so hard that he doesn't even want the continuation. Not only does he have his mind made up before the drive, but he launches the ball straight into the air to let the refs know that he is serious. It doesn't just stop at the contact either. He takes 3 more steps before hitting the ground - but not until he's done flailing his arms in the air like someone just lifted his skirt. The entire Spurs team knows its BS, and they even start walking down the court. But does Paul quit? No. He's looking for the ref before he's even on his feet again.

linsivvi

The NBA should replace the dunk contest with the flop contest. It would at least be more entertaining.

The Clippers would dominate the event though. The Spurs have no chance.

I want people to try that shit for themselves. Flopping that hard takes anticipation, practice, dedication, athleticism, and a keen understanding of the officials, opposing players, and all onlookers in the arena.

I mean just look at Paul. He sells out so hard that he doesn't even want the continuation. Not only does he have his mind made up before the drive, but he launches the ball straight into the air to let the refs know that he is serious. It doesn't just stop at the contact either. He takes 3 more steps before hitting the ground - but not until he's done flailing his arms in the air like someone just lifted his skirt. The entire Spurs team knows its BS, and they even start walking down the court. But does Paul quit? No. He's looking for the ref before he's even on his feet again.

LMFAO....so true...

My personal favorite is when he starts flopping around the 3 point line and superman's himself 4 feet to the right or left of the paint.

NBA should go to a one flop warning second flop technical system at the ref's disgression. Oh and catapault.yourself into the crowd with nobody around you CP3 style should be a flagrant 2.

Gabyskra

Banned

Worst part is that the whistle happened 2 seconds before, on TP. he purposefully went to the bigs.

aznpxdd

The game is starting to look like soccer....and nobody enjoys ridiculous soccer flops..

But you get punished in soccer for flopping, a yellow card. Two and you are out.

I guess the only way to stop flopping is to have someone review the game afterwards and hand out fines...or something similar to that. There's no way they can review flops in-game since that would stop the action too often, and also it would take 4 hours for a Clippers game to finish.

But you get punished in soccer for flopping, a yellow card. Two and you are out.

I guess the only way to stop flopping is to have someone review the game afterwards and hand out fines...or something similar to that. There's no way they can review flops in-game since that would stop the action too often, and also it would take 4 hours for a Clippers game to finish.

I'm okay woth it being a subjective call by the ref.

Hollywood could learn a thing or two from him nowadays

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hahaha Cowherd. "OKC is a sharp steak knife and the rest of the West is Mac and Cheese. They won't lose more than one game in any series."

I hope the Spurs crush them.

Misterhbk

Hahaha Cowherd. "OKC is a sharp steak knife and the rest of the West is Mac and Cheese. They won't lose more than one game in any series."

It would come as no surprise to me is OKC loses in the first round. When your entire offense revolves around 2 people, one of which is prone for some god awful turnovers, the defense doesn't need to do much planning.

In other words, all opposing teams will have need to do is shut down westbrook. Game over.

If I were the commissioner, I would announce Artest is done for the season. We'll sit down and talk about your future in the NBA during the summer. Because IMO he should feel lucky he still plays in the NBA at all.

Owzers

I have a pretty strong bias against Harden and the OKC.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/29500608

I haven't forgotten that either in the playoffs last year when Harden bumped into Chandler after a basket and flopped himself to an emmy pretending that Chandler threw and elbow. That is, imo, exactly what Harden was trying to do with Artest, not expecting that Artest was actually going to throw an elbow. I have no respect for Harden, at all, but at the same time am not happy he got hit with an elbow just because it's so dangerous.

jjasper

Outside of being a stupid comment that has tons of evidence to the contary that analogy doesn't even make any sense.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Outside of being a stupid comment that has tons of evidence to the contary that analogy doesn't even make any sense.

It doesn't. He compared food to a utensil. Not only that, but he didn't even compare the food to its utensil counterpart!

Jeff-DSA

What happened to the knife/butter metaphor? Was that one worn out or something?

But seriously, have you ever shown up to a knife fight with a handful of mac and cheese? You lose, son.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Sorry for the ignorance, but what terrible moves have Kahn made lately? Looking at Wolves' roster, seems like they put together a decent young core...

The fact that he didn't do anything this year is a problem. Wolves need a decent 2/3 in the worst way, and the Wolves did nothing. He didn't unload Beasley, either, and he'll walk this summer.

He also didn't give Kevin Love the 5 year max.

He's still terrible.

CoffeeJanitor, did you just Keyser Soze that name when sitting in your office or something?
what's that mean?

Also, I'm pretty damn certain thw Wolves not making a move at the dealdline and Love's 5 year deal have to do a lot more with Taylor than anything.

Just going off a recent quote...

"We need [Derrick] to really make great strides, as well as some other guys," Adelman said, without specifically referring to former No. 4 overall pick Wes Johnson. "If you can't do it [improve the team] in free agency, if you can't do it with trades, then you need to do it with the people you have on your team right now. That's what we have to evaluate and figure out. Do we have that?"

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/148342455.html

KingGondo

Banned
It would come as no surprise to me is OKC loses in the first round. When your entire offense revolves around 2 people, one of which is prone for some god awful turnovers, the defense doesn't need to do much planning.

In other words, all opposing teams will have need to do is shut down westbrook. Game over.
This is dumber than Cowherd's original point, which is impressive.

Top Bottom