• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

DominoKid

ibgBQ9fvg26zgx.jpg

jesus.

Gabyskra

Banned
I don't know how shallow it is, but I'm glad the Knicks don't have the first pick because I just can't root for a player that ugly.

And I loved Patrick Ewing.

Jesus Christ, he's like straight out of Diablo III.

Jeff-DSA

It's always scary looking into the mouth of a shark as the next rows of teeth are moving forward to replace those lost by gnawing on seals.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Teeth that messed up might just need to be pulled and get veneers put in. No braces can fix that, it would be fair too painful.

Canuck76

Banned
I have a pretty strong bias against Harden and the OKC.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/29500608

I haven't forgotten that either in the playoffs last year when Harden bumped into Chandler after a basket and flopped himself to an emmy pretending that Chandler threw and elbow. That is, imo, exactly what Harden was trying to do with Artest, not expecting that Artest was actually going to throw an elbow. I have no respect for Harden, at all, but at the same time am not happy he got hit with an elbow just because it's so dangerous.

I think in cases like this flop history should be considered. But for this particular case it was clear there was good contact made, a clean blow straight to the head. James harden in no way planned for that to happen

I think in cases like this flop history should be considered. But for this particular case it was clear there was good contact made, a clean blow straight to the head. James harden in no way planned for that to happen

If you're going to bring up flop history, you would also have to bring up Artest's violence history. Best case scenario, Artest gets evaluated based on this act alone and get couple days of suspension. Worst case scenario, he'll be out the whole playoffs.

You know, in some way, I believe his story that it COULD have been unintentional. Yeah yeah, Harden was right there when he swung his arm, but really... How many of you running on adrenaline, ESPECIALLY after an awesome dunk like that, could feel anyone around him? The ONLY thing that could discredit it is the way that his arm went up, but knowing MWP, he might have been doing some weird showboating.

I have a pretty strong bias against Harden and the OKC.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/29500608

I haven't forgotten that either in the playoffs last year when Harden bumped into Chandler after a basket and flopped himself to an emmy pretending that Chandler threw and elbow. That is, imo, exactly what Harden was trying to do with Artest, not expecting that Artest was actually going to throw an elbow. I have no respect for Harden, at all, but at the same time am not happy he got hit with an elbow just because it's so dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGzSNsPafY0

There is video of that flop since the video in your link is down.

Miami, San Antonio, OKC, and LAC would be a pretty elite Final Four of Flopping. Would make for a nice event at the All-Star Weekend festivities.

Canuck76

Banned
If you're going to bring up flop history, you would also have to bring up Artest's violence history. Best case scenario, Artest gets evaluated based on this act alone and get couple days of suspension. Worst case scenario, he'll be out the whole playoffs.

You know, in some way, I believe his story that it COULD have been unintentional. Yeah yeah, Harden was right there when he swung his arm, but really... How many of you running on adrenaline, ESPECIALLY after an awesome dunk like that, could feel anyone around him? The ONLY thing that could discredit it is the way that his arm went up, but knowing MWP, he might have been doing some weird showboating.

That's the thing everybody is jumping on Artest history. In similar cases they should look at is this guy a major flopper or not. In this case obviously Harden's flop ability didn't affect what happened as he was blindsided.

Owzers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGzSNsPafY0

There is video of that flop since the video in your link is down.

Miami, San Antonio, OKC, and LAC would be a pretty elite Final Four of Flopping. Would make for a nice event at the All-Star Weekend festivities.

Thanks for finding that video, i checked a couple places but they were all links back to the same one that was taken down.

I viewed what Harden did with Artest the same as with Chandler last year, he was leaning into Artest waiting for a chance to flop and instead of getting it, he actually got the elbow that he was hoping he could just fake.

Thanks for finding that video, i checked a couple places but they were all links back to the same one that was taken down.

I viewed what Harden did with Artest the same as with Chandler last year, he was leaning into Artest waiting for a chance to flop and instead of getting it, he actually got the elbow that he was hoping he could just fake.

Yeah you should be to dish out potentially career threatening injuries to a player who does something annoying

KingGondo

Banned
Ascribing any blame to Harden for what happened is ridiculous. Your bias is clouding your judgment, and the two situations aren't remotely similar.

He was waiting for the inbound pass, and he and Artest were only in contact for a moment.

Emwitus

Ascribing any blame to Harden for what happened is ridiculous. Your bias is clouding your judgment, and the two situations aren't remotely similar.

He was waiting for the inbound pass, and he and Artest were only in contact for a moment.

He run straight into artest waiting for an inbound pass? I thought you were supposed to avoid the opposing teams player? Not defending what artest did but lets not pretend harden didn't run into artest on purpose.

SUPREME1

Banned
It'd be nice if Harden didn't have a history of flopping, so we'd know just how much that elbow really did affect him.

He stayed on the floor for quite some time in the Chandler incident, milking it for all it was worth... acting as if he were injured.

Ron landed his elbow alright, but I have to wonder if Soften laid there longer than he really had to. I'm sure it hurt, but at the same time he didn't see it coming and so he was relaxed and probably absorbed it a lot easier than if he had anticipated it. Ron's elbow/arm also caught some of Soften's shoulder, so that took some of the bite off that elbow as well.

Yeah, I also don't know if I should buy into the whole concussion thing. Any team, in that situation, would claim there was a concussion. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying that it's in their best interest to claim he sustained one.

Again, I wish I could get behind Soften... but he's the boy who cried wolf at this point.

Canuck76

Banned
It'd be nice if Harden didn't have a history of flopping, so we'd know just how much that elbow really did affect him.

He stayed on the floor for quite some time in the Chandler incident, milking it for all it was worth... acting as if he were injured.

Ron landed his elbow alright, but I have to wonder if Soften laid there longer than he really had to. I'm sure it hurt, but at the same time he didn't see it coming and so he was relaxed and probably absorbed it a lot easier than if he had anticipated it. Ron's elbow/arm also caught some of Soften's shoulder, so that took some of the bite off that elbow as well.

Yeah, I also don't know if I should buy into the whole concussion thing. Any team, in that situation, would claim there was a concussion. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying that it's in their best interest to claim he sustained one.

Again, I wish I could get behind Soften... but he's the boy who screamed wolf at this point.

Well he was going straight into Artest at that point. He wasn't looking to be cold-clocked but he might have been baiting him a little.

Again, I wish I could get behind Soften... but he's the boy who screamed wolf at this point.

Step 1) Let somebody who's 6'5 245 elbow you in the temple
Step 2) Time how long you stay down
Step 3) Post your apology

KingGondo

Banned
He run straight into artest waiting for an inbound pass? I thought you were supposed to avoid the opposing teams player? Not defending what artest did but lets not pretend harden didn't run into artest on purpose.
Incidental contact happens all the time when the ball is being passed inbounds.

Again, I wish I could get behind Soften... but he's the boy who cried wolf at this point.

This is all just a joke, right?

SUPREME1

Banned
Step 1) Let somebody who's 6'5 245 elbow you in the temple
Step 2) Time how long you stay down
Step 3) Post your apology

You make it seem as if James Soften isn't 6'5, 220lbs and solid.

So now he got hit in the temple?

Apologize for what, exactly? Soften's history of exaggerating contact causing me to question the seriousness of his injury? Yeah, no.

Again, Artest landed a solid elbow. I'm sure it hurt. I just don't know what to believe beyond that... thanks to Soften, himself.

Edit: I'm off to lunch. Stay on topic, this is good stuff.

Apologize for what, exactly? Soften's history of exaggerating contact causing me to question the seriousness of his injury? Yeah, no.

Again, Artest landed a solid elbow. I'm sure it hurt. I just don't know what to believe beyond that... thanks to Soften, himself.

You act as if having a big torso makes your brain less susceptible to being injured.

Canuck76

Banned

Apologise for what, really? Soften's history of flopping causing me to question the seriousness of his injury? Yeah, no.

Again, Artest landed a solid elbow. I'm sure it hurt. I just don't know what to believe beyond that... thanks to him.

At this point i don't think it's terrible to speculate on Harden's role and if he possibly maximized what he could out of it. He also went out and then tried to come back on but then went back in. Seems a little sketchy to me. If I'm a medical professional Harden's out the afternoon no matter what.

He could have used that to make it more dramatic. We don't know but i don't think there's anything wrong with speculating

At this point i don't think it's terrible to speculate on Harden's role and if he possibly maximized what he could out of it. He also went out and then tried to come back on but then went back in. Seems a little sketchy to me. If I'm a medical professional Harden's out the afternoon no matter what.NFL

He could have used that to make it more dramatic. We don't know but i don't think there's anything wrong with speculating

None of deflects the key point that a well know nba douchebag once again is involved in a violent offense. If this were the NFL he'd be out for 4 games(25% of the season) at this point..it being his 5 or 6th offense.

Don't know if anyoe brought it up here, but how crazy would it have been if Kobe was the one who got the blow? I think Artest knew what he was doing, but I'm not sure he knew who he was doing it to. He's just unstable.

Its hard to speculate what he's going to get...Stern is very unpredictable. I say it could be anywhere from 3 to 10 games, though probably on the low end.

Canuck76

Banned
None of deflects the key point that a well know nba douchebag once again is involved in a violent offense. If this were the NFL he'd be out for 4 games(25% of the season) at this point..it being his 5 or 6th offense.

I'm not trying to cause controversy. It was a pretty nasty blow. But part of me wonders what harden was doing. He seems to run into him with his arms raised chest level sort of bouncing his right fist off Artests arm. Replay starts at the 1:00 minute mark. In addition look at the way Harden's head is already leaning toward the right. It's like he's getting ready for the blow that's coming

Harden did not flop or stay down longer. No man's head is ready for an elbow by a man as strong as Ron using that much force. If Ron was on a ladder and did that to Shaq, Shaq would have been on the floor just as long.

That said, I fully believe Harden approached Ron looking to do something, like get pushed or flop or something. Harden had no reason to run into Ron there and it clearly wasn't on accident.

Harden learned a good lesson, though. Never run into a crazy person high on emotion. I bet he doesn't do that one, again.

Top Bottom