• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Westbrook can be frustrating, but he will never be a true PG. When he's hitting (which is more often than not), he's truly elite. I don't really have an issue with people pointing out his flaws (which are many), but acting like he has zero redeeming qualities is ridiculous.

In other news, the Thunder bench (including Aldrich) is lighting up the Kings.

Nobody said that, don't be ridiculous.

The argument is whether or not he will hurt the Thunder's quest for a championship because of his flaws. The reason his flaws are being pointed out is because they happen at crucial moments in the playoffs and it sets the team back.

You'll get Goudelock and you'll like it.

Maybe Eyenga, if you're nice.

Oh, I hope so. I'd rather Kobe sit. Just sayin' with him, you never know.

I'd be really pissed if Pau plays.

The argument is whether or not he will hurt the Thunder's quest for a championship because of his flaws. The reason his flaws are being pointed out is because they happen at crucial moments in the playoffs and it sets the team back.

YNB helps the Thunder, no matter what. Maybe his flaws will be too big to carry them over the hump (like nash), but he is a huge net positive.

thekad

Banned
Only took a couple days before Lakers fans started to praise Artest. I'm shocked.

it's not in reach anymore. Durant has over 30 and the game ain't over.

Kobe might start because he feels obligated on the road for fans that pay to see him, but 20 min max I'd assume.

Kobe will gun 50 shots.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Oh, I hope so. I'd rather Kobe sit. Just sayin' with him, you never know.

I'd be really pissed if Pau plays.

YNB helps the Thunder, no matter what. Maybe his flaws will be too big to carry them over the hump (like nash), but he is a huge net positive.

Pau is probably going to play regardless. When's the last time Pau hasn't played in a game or minutes that didn't matter?

reilo

Actually, this image summarizes my feeling of YNB during the moments his flaws absolutely kill the team:

ckCUk.jpg

KingGondo

Banned

Believe me, I'm worried that he'll cost us a game or two in the playoffs.

I guess we'll see. I'm not sure we beat the Spurs this year even if he plays well.

Ohwiseone

now that I got to see OKC beat the kings (who played as if they were saying FUCK THE TANK).

we get to watch the good game, Utah/Pheniox, lets go.

reilo

Believe me, I'm worried that he'll cost us a game or two in the playoffs.

I guess we'll see. I'm not sure we beat the Spurs this year even if he plays well.

Tony Parker is who Westbrook needs to adapt his game to be like -- a scoring pointguard that always looks under control and receptive of not always needing to get his.

YNB's problem is that he believes he's the best player in the NBA. That fuckery makes him do stupid shit.

Last year's Sac closeout game went to OT. That was the game Trey Johnson proved he could play PG for this team. And Phil promptly never used him in an important spot again.

We all thought Trey was better than Fish. And that still may be right, lol.

OKC should be more worried Fisher costs them a game rather than Westbrook.

Canuck76

Banned
He's "stating the facts" about Westbrook's worst game ever. It doesn't take a YouTube video and slapping "Coach" in front of your name to know he played terribly.

For every game like that, YNB has 20 good games.

Yeah there's definitely a lot of Westbrook break downs here. He seems to like Harden a lot too. I'm not saying he sucks but every one of his videos i watch he will say something about a Harden lay up.

And dude misses his rotations once or twice. So what? Who doesn't miss a rotation every now and then? Also talks about Harden's "great" defense on one steal. Come on now. And then there's Westbrook's negative reactions. We don't know what he's saying. If anything he's telling him to get some. Which he's right, Thunder offense needs more of their big 3, and sef could have pump faked and drove or got a open shot.

Also Westbrook's 17 ft "brick" is his shot. It's wide open and he's a great jump shooter from the around the foul line.

Last year's Sac closeout game went to OT. That was the game Trey Johnson proved he could play PG for this team. And Phil promptly never used him in an important spot again.

We all thought Trey was better than Fish. And that still may be right, lol.

Trey got a fucking raw deal.

Trey was Ramon Sessions before it was cool.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If the Lakers make it to the second round (and presumably play OKC) the heel heat that Artest will get when he's announced will be legendary.
If? No way we lose to the Nuggets or a Tyson/Barealess Mavs. Not a chance.

And yeah, Artest will get heat that could scorch the sun when we land in OKC. It's going to be awesome. Especially if he manages to contain Durant somehow and we get a fluke win in their house.

A man can dream.

I can't decide if Lebron or Garnett is the DPOTY. Black Mamba, what do you think?

edit: Forgot about Iggy, too.

For a long time I thought Iggy had a valid case. KG's 1st month was really weak.

Honestly, I think Tyson Chandler deserves it. he completely trasnformed the NYK on his own.

Tony Parker is who Westbrook needs to adapt his game to be like -- a scoring pointguard that always looks under control and receptive of not always needing to get his.

YNB's problem is that he believes he's the best player in the NBA. That fuckery makes him do stupid shit.

You sound just as dumb as Skip when he says this.

YNB plays hard and is trying to help his squad.

Nothing has leaked about Russells character. Or flaws within it.

So do yourself a favor and not spread this bullshit. You're better than that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Westbrook can be frustrating, but he will never be a true PG. When he's hitting (which is more often than not), he's truly elite. I don't really have an issue with people pointing out his flaws (which are many), but acting like he has zero redeeming qualities is ridiculous.

In other news, the Thunder bench (including Aldrich) is lighting up the Kings.
His biggest flaw just happens to screw over the best scorer in the league on a nightly basis.

He holds back every team he plays for. If he ain't on fire, he's probably fucking up somewhere.

reilo

You sound just as dumb as Skip when he says this.

YNB plays hard and is trying to help his squad.

Nothing has leaked about Russells character. Or flaws within it.

So do yourself a favor and not spread this bullshit. You're better than that.

The sheer amount of times he's overdribbled and frozen out Durant to jack up a "Y Not?" badly contested shot that lost his team the game say otherwise.

thekad

Banned
For a long time I thought Iggy had a valid case. KG's 1st month was really weak.

Honestly, I think Tyson Chandler deserves it. he completely trasnformed the NYK on his own.

Chandler will probably win, but his on/off numbers don't look great (though some adjustment has to be made for playing with Melo and Amare).

Chandler will probably win, but his on/off numbers don't look great (though some adjustment has to be made for playing with Melo and Amare).

His numbers without one of those 2 are stellar. The fact that his on/off numbers are still passable with those 2 together are a testament to how good he is.

You replace Chandler with any C besides Howard and a healthy Bogut and it's terrible.

Before tonight, the Knicks were 4th in defense. FOURTH!

They are playing Josh Howard?

Jazz tanking out of the playoffs?!?!

Guys like YNB make people think all scoring points are bad, when thats not the case at all..

Similar situation w/Reke and combo guards or Big Baby and undersized PFs

Top Bottom