• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

exarkun

S-A-C get gunned up and clapped quick

Tyreke Evans get gunned up and clapped quick

529156_374638175890651_100000334165937_1226846_2029180671_n.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers vs. Clippers (Battle for the 3 spot and to avoid Memphis!)
This game is huge because I believe the loser will be the #4 seed.

Lakers
Wed, Apr 4 @ Los Angeles
Fri, Apr 6 vs Houston
Sat, Apr 7 @ Phoenix
Mon, Apr 9 @ New Orleans
Wed, Apr 11 @ San Antonio
Fri, Apr 13 vs Denver
Sun, Apr 15 vs Dallas
Tue, Apr 17 vs San Antonio
Wed, Apr 18 @ Golden State
Fri, Apr 20 @ San Antonio
Sun, Apr 22 vs Oklahoma City
Thu, Apr 26 @ Sacramento

Clippers
Wed, Apr 4 vs Los Angeles
Thu, Apr 5 @ Sacramento
Sat, Apr 7 vs Sacramento
Mon, Apr 9 @ Memphis
Wed, Apr 11 @ Oklahoma City
Thu, Apr 12 @ Minnesota
Sat, Apr 14 vs Golden State
Mon, Apr 16 vs Oklahoma City
Wed, Apr 18 @ Denver
Thu, Apr 19 @ Phoenix
Sun, Apr 22 vs New Orleans
Tue, Apr 24 @ Atlanta
Wed, Apr 25 @ NY Knicks

Lakers schedule looks tougher IMO

Puddles

Banned
He will always be the guy who retired Jordan's number when Jordan didn't even play for his team, and couldn't get a single other team to do it with him.

He's like the idiot who pulls off his shirt to go skins in a pick-up game, and just stands there looking stupid when no one joins him.

Was tonight the first instance of Notorious DMC? If so, Samurai you're welcome.

Also I apologize cause I'm gonna post those modified Ether lyric every time Lakers play the Kings as long as Tyreke suits up for them. I can only hope they trade him to The Rockets to fit the source material a little better.

exarkun

Jesus Christ. Did anyone post DMC's stat line tonight?

16-25 for 41 pts, 12 rebounds. Lose by 9, +3.

If he went to a team with a decent coach and non-toxic teammates, he would be a monster. Like goddamn.

I don't know if the league would be ready for a happy DMC.

Emwitus

right basketball play!!

I'm sure dallas was happy with this "Right" Basketball.

EDIT: I must add i hate kobe hero ball but at least when he get's criticized for it, the noise doesn't get to his head. If lebron had kobe's mentality dallas would have been a cake walk.

giri

If he went to a team with a decent coach and non-toxic teammates, he would be a monster. Like goddamn.

I don't know if the league would be ready for a happy DMC.

yeah, imagine him with a few 3pt shooters around him to space the floor?

and an actual offensive system that got him postups in the RIGHT spots?

ugh. So good.

I wonder if the Kings would consider Pek & Williams for DMC?

DMC Love front court would be super interesting, especially if rubio comes back strong.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Oh my god.

If the Laker faithful started chanting, "YES YES YES YES YES!" after that 3, I might have had a heart attack.

Nelo Ice knows what I'm talking about.

What happened? Just got off work and I read about a YES! chant breaking out at the Heat game. Also YES! I would mark out if I heard a YES! chant in Laker land.

I'm sure dallas was happy with this "Right" Basketball.

EDIT: I must add i hate kobe hero ball but at least when he get's criticized for it, the noise doesn't get to his head. If lebron had kobe's mentality dallas would have been a cake walk.
Disagree. It has less to do with mentality and more to do with the fact that LeBron's game is not suited to tight end game situations. He can't just drive in and score. He doesn't have a great post game. His jumper is inconsistent. Dallas exposed that.
yeah, imagine him with a few 3pt shooters around him to space the floor?

and an actual offensive system that got him postups in the RIGHT spots?

ugh. So good.

I wonder if the Kings would consider Pek & Williams for DMC?

DMC Love front court would be super interesting, especially if rubio comes back strong.
Fuck that noise. Pek has eaten DMC's lunch every time they've played each other. If the wolves trade for anything its going to be for a wing.

Disagree. It has less to do with mentality and more to do with the fact that LeBron's game is not suited to tight end game situations. He can't just drive in and score. He doesn't have a great post game. His jumper is inconsistent. Dallas exposed that.

No fucking way. People keep pointing out the 4th quarters, but Lebron was terrible from game 3 through game 6 all the way, with the lone exception being game 6 1st quarter.

It wasn't just about the 4th quarter.

And regarding the 4th quarter, Lebron didn't even want to ball at all. He was playing hot potato. It completely destabilized his team.

Game 7 vs Boston Kobe was taking some fucking dumb shots and forcing things unnecessarily, but at least he was engaged in the game. And he settled down and starting doing other things like getting rebounds. At no point did he hide from the ball. Lebron just chilled on the wings praying no one would pass it to him.

The mentality gap is huge. Even taking into account his limited overall game, what happened versus Dallas does not happen if he had the mentality of Kobe...or Jordan...or Reggie...Or Pierce...or even Norris Cole.

No fucking way. People keep pointing out the 4th quarters, but Lebron was terrible from game 3 through game 6 all the way, with the lone exception being game 6 1st quarter.

It wasn't just about the 4th quarter.

And regarding the 4th quarter, Lebron didn't even want to ball at all. He was playing hot potato. It completely destabilized his team.

Game 7 vs Boston Kobe was taking some fucking dumb shots and forcing things unnecessarily, but at least he was engaged in the game. And he settled down and starting doing other things like getting rebounds. At no point did he hide from the ball. Lebron just chilled on the wings praying no one would pass it to him.

The mentality gap is huge. Even taking into account his limited overall game, what happened versus Dallas does not happen if he had the mentality of Kobe...or Jordan...or Reggie...Or Pierce...or even Norris Cole.
I'm rewatching the finals right now, will report back w/ my opinion after I'm done

OK, so, this post isn't about any of the eight games on the Tuesday night NBA schedule. But when someone has reportedly scored 113 points in a single game, someone has reportedly scored 113 points in a single game, and so we write about it.

That's what Mohammad El-Akkari — also known as Mustpha El-Akkari, who played college ball stateside for BYU-Hawaii, which is somehow a thing, except that he did not accumulate any stats? — reportedly just did in a FIBA Asia game.

As the story goes — and, to be honest, we're having a tough time processing it ourselves, especially without video of some made shots — the 27-year-old Akkari, who had averaged just 7.6 points per game in the 23 games he'd previously played for Tripoli basketball club Mouttahed this season, scored 113 points on 40-of-69 shooting in a 173-141 win against Bejjeh in a Lebanese Division A League game. That total, which reportedly includes a ludicrous 32-of-59 mark from 3-point land, would FAR outstrip every single-game mark in the history of FIBA competition.

Reached for comment on the prospect of bringing Akkari stateside, the Charlotte Bobcats said they had no interest in signing him, citing "tanking" as their primary reason. Oh, crap, was that supposed to be off the record?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-points-single-fiba-031513147.html#more-17757

holy fuck!

J2 Cool

I really love Kobe's personality in recent years, so much more likable than he used to be. Amazing gif.

Thought this was interesting. Discuss.

Kobe Bryant's ranking compared to the top 25 players of all-time

Championships (5) - 5th, tied with Johnson
Finals MVPs (2) - 5th, tied with Abdul-Jabbar, Bird, Olajuwon, Reed
MVPs (1) - 11th, tied with O'Neal, Robertson, Olajuwon, Erving, Barkley, Robinson, Cousy
Top 5 Finishes in MVP Voting (9) - 5th, tied with Johnson, Bird, Duncan, Malone, Robertson
All-NBA Teams (13) - 4th, tied with Duncan
All-Defensive Teams (11) - 2nd tied with Abdul-Jabbar, Garnett
All-Star Teams (14) - 3rd, tied with Jordan, Garnett, Malone, West
All-NBA First Teams (9) - 8th, tied with Duncan
Scoring Titles (2) - 3rd, tied with Abdul-Jabbar, O'Neal
Points (29,357) - 5th
Playoff Points (5,280) - 3rd

Top 25 players of all-time list by SLAM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Bill Russell
4. Shaquille O’Neal
5. Oscar Robertson
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
8. Tim Duncan
9. Larry Bird
10. Kobe Bryant
11. Jerry West
12. Elgin Baylor
13. Hakeem Olajuwon
14. Bob Petit
15. Moses Malone
16. Julius Erving
17. John Havlicek
18. Karl Malone
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Charles Barkley
21. Rick Barry
22. John Stockton
23. Elvin Hayes
24. Bob Cousy
25. David Robinson

1st lulz at Magic and KAJ being so low.
2nd Kobe is higher than 10 and is only going to climb.
3rd lulz at Oscar Robertson being so high.

There's something I like about this list. Not saying its accurate, what list is, but it doesn't seem caught up in reverence. I would drop Timmy some, and put Dream above him as well. He dominated and carried his team in the playoffs like I've never seen Duncan quite match. Oscar always seems to be in limbo as far as his overall career value.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I really love Kobe's personality in recent years, so much more likable than he used to be. Amazing gif.

There's something I like about this list. Not saying its accurate, what list is, but it doesn't seem caught up in reverence. I would drop Timmy some, and put Dream above him as well. He dominated and carried his team in the playoffs like I've never seen Duncan quite match. Oscar always seems to be in limbo as far as his overall career value.

I just saw this list today... Timmy has to be below Dream and Karl...

By pure stats Karl Malone is one of the greatest of all times...

I just saw this list today... Timmy has to be below Dream and Karl...

By pure stats Karl Malone is one of the greatest of all times...

And has the yips when it mattered. Karl couldn't do with Stockton what Duncan did with JAAAAXXXXXXX

Duncan is the greatest big that wasn't a pure C. It's amazing how underrated he continues to be.

Top Bottom