• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

... I swear, people need a freaking license in order to procreate.

Either that or force mandatory contraception until you've proven that you are fiscally responsible and can take care of your children.

Ugh.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
And has the yips when it mattered. Karl couldn't do with Stockton what Duncan did with JAAAAXXXXXXX

Duncan is the greatest big that wasn't a pure C. It's amazing how underrated he continues to be.
Tony Parker had a really good year and was the 2nd most productive player stat wise othat team.. Manu wasn't close to Manu now but was still on the team.. Rose had a solid year and David Robinson, a shell of his former self, was someone teams had to plan for especially for his D... Don't sell me the TD had a scrubby team with only Jax ticket, I ain't buying..

Really no offense to TD, but just saying look at his production at 34 and then look at Karl's at 34
Duncan and stockton beat Jordan.

There are only two players to avg over 30 ppg there entire career.. TD isn't one of them..

Either that or force mandatory contraception until you've proven that you are fiscally responsible and can take care of your children.

Ugh.

It only takes me one game into my son's basketball season each year to spot 2 or 3 Gloria James's, a "Shooter" from hoosiers, and 4 or 5 of the "live through son yell at coach all game" guys....

smh

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi

Ugh.
Preaching to the choir.

My 3'rd younger brother has 3 kids(I'm 24 by the way) and neither he nor his babies mother has a job. They didn't have a job when they had their first.. they didn't have a job when they had their second.. and they didn't have one when they had their 3'rd. I cannot even wrap my mind around that shit...

I honestly question the judgment of anyone who decides to have children and isn't 28+ with a stable income.

Preaching to the choir.

My 3'rd younger brother has 3 kids(I'm 24 by the way) and neither he nor his babies mother has a job. They didn't have a job when they had their first.. they didn't have a job when they had their second.. and they didn't have one when they had their 3'rd. I cannot even wrap my mind around that shit...
necea
I honestly question the judgment of anyone who decides to have children and isn't 28+ with a stable income.

My wife and I were surprised by our first born and weren't "ready" so to speak. We buckled down and made the sacrifices necessary to our social lives and careers to be able to best provide for our child.

Kids today (those under 30) generally refuse to subdue their passions for their child. It's scary and sad to see some of the 10 year olds emulate dad and mom by not wanting to work and asking for free stuff.

edit: by work I mean go to practice, clean rooms, etc...

One of my son's friends actually asked me for a money because his dad told him he needed to buy beer so he couldn't give him the 40 dollars needed for an annual school trip to the history museum. Fuck

I'll be damned if I recreate my fathers cycle. Fuck that noise.

Good man...problem is for every one of you there are 9 20-something year old men living with their women, with no job, and no car, and no income. I want to yank these twats out of the car and beat them like daddy should of.

it's always interesting when I meet (and how often) a young pretty lady my age (24) or often several years younger who I chat up and then I get the words "My kid" dropped on me

I can't even comprehend what it's like to have a child right now

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
it's always interesting when I meet (and how often) a young pretty lady my age (24) or often several years younger who I chat up and then I get the words "My kid" dropped on me

I can't even comprehend what it's like to have a child right now
One of my old co-workers was only 2 years older than me(was 22 then) and she had 6 kids. Blew. My. Mind.

I really don't understand the mentality of women throwing away their prime to have a bunch of kids. Utterly baffles me.

h3ro

Oh, it happened. H3ro drank so much he stumbled into the Hudson.
It was refreshing. I was saltier than the damn ocean last night.

Ugh.

You're only one year in. Just wait, it get's better!

'Hmm... I love my kid and I have only $200. What should I do: Use it to feed him or use it all to get a tat of his baby portrait on my chest?....'

You're only one year in. Just wait, it get's better!

'Hmm... I love my kid and I have only $200. What should I do: Use it to feed him or use it all to get a tat of his baby portrait on my chest?....'

I hope you're joking...

And like clockwork. This was just on the news "24 year old mother of two arrested for leaving her 5 and 3 year old in the car so she could attend LADIES NIGHT at Johnny Malloys"

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

edit edit: her boyfriend was also there. Kids belived to be in car for more than 5 houra before a patron spotted them and called local authorities.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I hope you're joking...

And like clockwork. This was just on the news "24 year old mother of two arrested for leaving her 5 and 3 year old in the car so she could attend LADIES NIGHT at Johnny Malloys"

Grrrrrrrrrr
2e1a8zn.gif

Tony Parker had a really good year and was the 2nd most productive player stat wise othat team.. Manu wasn't close to Manu now but was still on the team.. Rose had a solid year and David Robinson, a shell of his former self, was someone teams had to plan for especially for his D... Don't sell me the TD had a scrubby team with only Jax ticket, I ain't buying..

Really no offense to TD, but just saying look at his production at 34 and then look at Karl's at 34

There are only two players to avg over 30 ppg there entire career.. TD isn't one of them..

Duncan played better D than Malone and was better in the clutch. The Spurs defensive decline is pretty much due to the fact Duncan has regressed as he has gotten older and he's still our best defensive player. Would you rather have prime Duncan or prime Malone in the last 5 minutes of a game 7?

Also, why are we talking about TD and Malone at the age of 34? Why that specific age? Duncan is 36 now....

Blackace

Duncan played better D than Malone and was better in the clutch. The Spurs defensive decline is pretty much due to the fact Duncan has regressed as he has gotten older and he's still our best defensive player. Would you rather have prime Duncan or prime Malone in the last 5 minutes of a game 7?

Also, why are we talking about TD and Malone at the age of 34? Why that specific age? Duncan is 36 now....

Why not talk about age? Malone didn't put up a poor season like TD until he was 40..

If I could team Malone up with another center like D-Ro even late in his career I would take Malone..

As great and even underrated as Stock was all of the Spurs' teams were better imo.. and that is a credit to the coaching and scouting of them as a whole...

TD is a great player and will always be.. but few players were as good as Malone...especially on O

and as for clutch... I can't say that TD is better in the clutch because Malone carried his team a lot.. in situations that they shouldn't even have been in..

I HATED the Jazz.. and Malone..

So for me to say this..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
One of my old co-workers was only 2 years older than me(was 22 then) and she had 6 kids. Blew. My. Mind.

I really don't understand the mentality of women throwing away their prime to have a bunch of kids. Utterly baffles me.

But they're in love

love can make anything work

Why not talk about age? Malone didn't put up a poor season like TD until he was 40..

If I could team Malone up with another center like D-Ro even late in his career I would take Malone..

As great and even underrated as Stock was all of the Spurs' teams were better imo.. and that is a credit to the coaching and scouting of them as a whole...

TD is a great player and will always be.. but few players were as good as Malone...especially on O

and as for clutch... I can't say that TD is better in the clutch because Malone carried his team a lot.. in situations that they shouldn't even have been in..

I HATED the Jazz.. and Malone..

So for me to say this..

Plus TD didn't have to deal with that pesky MJ guy in his prime.

Duncan was better by Malone and by a decent bit. Malone was too reliant on outworking and outhustling his defenders for easy buckets which was great and was incredibly effective in the regular season, but wasn't really very effective in the post season because everyone was playing really hard then. His efficiency tanked each postseason because of that whereas Duncan generally raised his level of play during the postseason. Malone was a very good one-on-one defender, but Duncan was much better with help defense. Malone was awesome and a top 15-20 player ever, but Duncan just had a style of play that was much better for helping teams win playoff games (as well as arguably games in general, carried a bunch of teams to 53 win seasons that were pretty terrible other than him)

Duncan was better by Malone and by a decent bit. Malone was too reliant on outworking and outhustling his defenders for easy buckets which was great and was incredibly effective in the regular season, but wasn't really very effective in the post season because everyone was playing really hard then. His efficiency tanked each postseason because of that whereas Duncan generally raised his level of play during the postseason. Malone was a very good one-on-one defender, but Duncan was much better with help defense. Malone was awesome and a top 15-20 player ever, but Duncan just had a style of play that was much better for helping teams win playoff games (as well as arguably games in general, carried a bunch of teams to 53 win seasons that were pretty terrible other than him)

No, just no...did you ever WATCH KM in his prime? You couldn't have.

DY_nasty

I can't disagree with any of this. I wouldn't necessarily label it 'hustle', but Malone's playstyle definitely didn't translate as well to the playoffs as others.

Blackace

I can't disagree with any of this. I wouldn't necessarily label it 'hustle', but Malone's playstyle definitely didn't translate as well to the playoffs as others.

His numbers are like exactly same in the regular season and post season... Few players can claim that...

I don't think it's Malone's style of play but rather Sloan's style of coaching...

DY_nasty

I would look at who he was matching up with..guys like McHale..and not his $tats.
Malone was a great player. Easily top 5 at his position. But I wouldn't put him over Duncan because of those reasons listed. His game didn't really do as much for the entire team as much as a Duncan, his defense (although great) wasn't on Duncan - or even KG's - level, and even without MJ around, he met walls in West. Its not like they were the only team to come out of the west every single year during that time.
His numbers are like exactly same in the regular season and post season... Few players can claim that...

I don't think it's Malone's style of play but rather Sloan's style of coaching...
This doesn't get emphasized enough imo.

I still don't think Sloan was that great of a coach. He's the Andy Reid of basketball.

Blackace

Malone was a great player. Easily top 5 at his position. But I wouldn't put him over Duncan because of those reasons listed. His game didn't really do as much for the entire team as much as a Duncan, his defense (although great) wasn't on Duncan - or even KG's - level, and even without MJ around, he met walls in West. Its not like they were the only team to come out of the west every single year during that time.

This doesn't get emphasized enough imo.

I still don't think Sloan was that great of a coach. He's the Andy Reid of basketball.

The Jazz weren't that great of a team talentwise after KM and Stock they were thin...They were awesome in the regular season but their weaknesses were exposed quite often in the playoffs and really the fact that Stock to KM was so unstoppable was the only reason they had the success they did..

TD and KG were both game changers.. KG could have been even better if he played in the paint.. He was a high post chickenshit.. But he played insane D..

Both KG and TD play better D then KM did but he wasn't horrible at it and was maybe one of the strongest players at his position...

Sloan reminds me of Karl.. Both an make you a great regualr season teams but became idoits come playoff time... Karl has improved some but still has his issues

The Jazz weren't that great of a team talentwise after KM and Stock they were thin...They were awesome in the regular season but their weaknesses were exposed quite often in the playoffs and really the fact that Stock to KM was so unstoppable was the only reason they had the success they did..

TD and KG were both game changers.. KG could have been even better if he played in the paint.. He was a high post chickenshit.. But he played insane D..

Both KG and TD play better D then KM did but he wasn't horrible at it and was maybe one of the strongest players at his position...

Sloan reminds me of Karl.. Both an make you a great regualr season teams but became idoits come playoff time... Karl has improved some but still has his issues

Don't you diss Mark Eaton you sonofabitch!

Blackace

There was a time when they seemed like a 1a and 1b situation, but now... I'd give it to Duncan.

As a player, I could see the 1a 1b thing.. As a PF TD all the way..

Really KG in his Prime with a semi decent post player would have been nasty.. Think Weber and Vlade

DY_nasty

Karl never had the issue of holding his team back through stubbornness and inflexibility.

Sloan.. he's an inferior, yet more tolerable, Larry Brown.

Blackace

Karl never had the issue of holding his team back through stubbornness and inflexibility.

Sloan.. he's an inferior, yet more tolerable, Larry Brown.

Sonic's Karl playoff rotation was always a "wtf" moment...

DY_nasty

Sonic's Karl playoff rotation was always a "wtf" moment...

At least Karl got better. By the time he got to the Bucks, he at least looked like he had picked up a few more things.

Sloan? Trust the system. Or fuck you.

charsace

Spot on about Malone. Malone was a regular season monster whose game didn't translate as well in the post season. And I was a huge Malone and Barkley fan. Things only got worse for him when he got older and became more of a jump shooter.

thekad

Banned
Dirk won one title and now people argue with some legitimacy that he is the best or second best PF of all time. When Lebron's career is finished, it'll be common place to consider him better than Bird.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
When Lebron's career is finished, it'll be common place to consider him better than Bird.

Have you been living under a rock? Many media members already consider Lebron better than Bird. Henry Abbott made that argument a couple of months ago, in fact.

Blackace

Spot on about Malone. Malone was a regular season monster whose game didn't translate as well in the post season. And I was a huge Malone and Barkley fan. Things only got worse for him when he got older and became more of a jump shooter.

As people get older they tend to take more jumpers.. but he still avg almost 9 fta a game for his career..

Blackace

Dirk won one title and now people argue with some legitimacy that he is the best or second best PF of all time. When Lebron's career is finished, it'll be common place to consider him better than Bird.

Dirk's numbers are really good.. only thing that hurts him is he has never avg double digits in rebounds.. you can't be the best PF like that

People just need to watch Bird again..

Dirk's numbers are really good.. only thing that hurts him is he has never avg double digits in rebounds.. you can't be the best PF like that

People just need to watch Bird again..

He doesn't in the regular season, but Dirk averages double digit rebounds in the playoffs. On top of that, he increases his efficiency and scoring output in the playoffs. So he's one of the best PF performers in the playoffs in NBA history. People always go back to that Golden State series and somehow try to downplay what he has done.

ZTcAv.png

I'm not saying he's a top three NBA PF of all time, but he's in very distinguished company. What he did during last year's playoffs was truly a marvel. And yes, Dirk is better than Malone. Not as good as Duncan, but definitely better than Malone.

Blackace

I'm not saying he's a top three NBA PF of all time, but he's in very distinguished company. What he did during last year's playoffs was truly a marvel. And yes, Dirk is better than Malone. Not as good as Duncan, but definitely better than Malone.

Dirk's greatest year in the playoffs was the first time they met the Heat.. and while last year he played truly great he is not better than Malone..

DY_nasty

Dirk.... ugh

He's an outstanding player - but you can't be a top PF ever and not even be mentioned or thought of as a top 20 rebounder or defender.

Its like saying AI was a top 5 SG.

Top Bottom