• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Nash did not become become the player he is now until after he left Dallas. He was a terrible fit there. And Jason Terry is volume scorer that doesn't play defense. Streaky as all hell.

Sorry man but you're wrong. Nash was amazing even in Dallas. And Terry, volume scorer he is, is still a better second option than many players have in this league. You don't think Kobe would have killed to have a scorer like Terry from 05-07?

Jeremy Lin Post Surgery QA

Luis: What videogame are you going to play?

Jeremy: I’m gonna play Dota 2 with my brothers. Just got it installed the other day!

Joy: Favorite Pokemon?

Jeremy: My favorite Pokemon growing up was Blastoise LOL. He’s a beast!

Bobby: You turn it over too much. How you gonna fix that?

Jeremy: Well, I can tell you I will definitely have zero turnovers for the next six weeks. So I guess that’s an improvement, right?

In addition to a dozen requests to go to prom, he received 43 unique marriage proposals (several individuals asked him multiple times, including a particularly persistent fan named Danna who asked him 45 times).

Proposal formats included exploratory (“Would you ever marry a black girl?”); sneaky (“Do you think you will be in good condition for the playoffs? And will you marry me?”); logical (“I hope you’re feeling well! & sorry to all the other ladies, but I think it’s only right that we get married, since we’re both from Cali and now live in NY…obviously?”); illogical (“I saw our names next to each other! It’s fate — let’s get married!”); patient (“Hey, I waited since you tweeted about the Q&A. Will you marry me?”); impatient (“Can we get married today or tomorrow?”; polite (“Jeremy can we get married? Please?”); poetic (“Will you marry me, Jeremy? LOL it rhymes”); demanding (“Jeremy Lin: I love Asian men. Marry me…now!”); and proxy-propositioned (“Will you marry my sister?”). One woman was aware that the path to a baller’s heart is through his stomach: “If we got married i’d make you lobster, your favorite!” And another was more concerned about her boyfriend’s mancrush: “All the girls are asking you to marry them, but I’m going to ask you to say no to my BF when he asks you, kthanks.”

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Never? NEVER? I guess you're right. Not like he had a point guard named Steve Nash. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. And not like Terry has ever been a truly competent second option and threat. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh. And the dinosaur of Jason Kidd is just a great player. It's not like he's a bad point guard who just happens to be better than Harris. Come on man.

You mean arguable the fifth or sixth greatest PG to ever play the game Kidd? And without a doubt the greatest modern day PG...

Blackace

Dirk wouldn't have ever made the Finals with those old Jazz teams because his defense is so weak that they wouldn't have made it out of the West. Malone scored a lot, but he was tough defensively too.

Pretty much this...

I mean Dirk is an amazing player... But Kark Malone is what you want in a PF.

Someone who will grind in the paint, rebound and beat his mark up..

You mean arguable the fifth or sixth greatest PG to ever play the game Kidd? And without a doubt the greatest modern day PG...

It boggles the mind. I hate bringing age into this but I wonder how old some of these folks are because having seen Kidd through his entire career, to discount him is just amazing. The guy has been in the league, what, 18 years? And STILL performing. I mean damn.

Karl Malone is not what you want in a PF. A guy that dropped off during the playoffs.

I really don't like you. You're actually pushing my back into a corner where I have to come out and defend Karl freaking Malone. But what? I'd LOVE to have Karl Malone on my team. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. A PF with that type of outside game, rebounding, that type of strength? Damn.

Blackace

Karl Malone is not what you want in a PF. A guy that dropped off during the playoffs.

His numbers are exactly the same... Exactly.. No dropping at all.. But if you say it enough it might come true

charsace

Malone's shooting takes a huge hit in the playoffs. Just look at his TS in the two years he made the finals vs his regular season TS.

Blackace

It boggles the mind. I hate bringing age into this but I wonder how old some of these folks are because having seen Kidd through his entire career, to discount him is just amazing. The guy has been in the league, what, 18 years? And STILL performing. I mean damn.

I remember when he pretty much averaged a triple double

I remember when he pretty much averaged a triple double

Remember those first couple of season with Jim Jackson and Mashburn? Those three had potential and if rumors are accurate, it took Toni Braxton to break it up :*(

Truly great PFs elevate their game when the true competition starts. Look at Dirk's playoff numbers compared to his regular season numbers.

Wait... so you're arguing Malone isn't a 'truly' great power forward? Come on man.

Edit: 24ppg, 10rpg, 3apg in the playoffs. Yes, what a horrible playoff career.

Blackace

Truly great PFs elevate their game when the true competition starts. Look at Dirk's playoff numbers compared to his regular season numbers.

lol.. Dirk is a great player, but Karl Malone played in a system where he was going to see roughly the exact same number of shots everynight. But keep pulling crap out of your arse..

"Truly great PFs" lol who says that?

Blackace

Malone's shooting takes a huge hit in the playoffs. Just look at his TS in the two years he made the finals vs his regular season TS.

His shooting % takes a small dip but he still got to the line a lot to make up for it..

charsace

Remember those first couple of season with Jim Jackson and Mashburn? Those three had potential and if rumors are accurate, it took Toni Braxton to break it up :*(

Wait... so you're arguing Malone isn't a 'truly' great power forward? Come on man.

Edit: 24ppg, 10rpg, 3apg in the playoffs. Yes, what a horrible playoff career.

Not saying Malone isn't great, but his isolation game was lacking. You could give him the ball like you could a couple of other pf's and ask him to get a bucket on a consistent basis.

Blackace

Not saying Malone isn't great, but his isolation game was lacking. You could give him the ball like you could a couple of other pf's and ask him to get a bucket on a consistent basis.

Wait? What? His iso game was lacking? Wow...

First 11 playoffs of career:
Dirk: 25.9ppg, 10.4rpg
Karl: 26.5ppg, 11.3rpg

Lets see how Dirk's numbers playout for the next 4-5 years of his career because that is when Malones started decreasing.

Edit: Regular season for Malone? 26ppg, 11.2rpg.

The amount of games that are sooooo goooood today...

Yea man, that Cardinals/Marlins game looks killer!

Mohammad El Akkari joined the exclusive 100-point-game club when he scored 113 in a Lebanese league game Tuesday.

Akkari, a 27-year-old guard for Moutahed of Tripoli who went in averaging only 7.6 points in 23 games, made 40-of-69 shots, including 32-of-59 3-pointers, according to fibaasia.net. He had only one free throw

lol the bizzaro Kobe

LuchaShaq

Banned

I really don't like you. You're actually pushing my back into a corner where I have to come out and defend Karl freaking Malone. But what? I'd LOVE to have Karl Malone on my team. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. A PF with that type of outside game, rebounding, that type of strength? Damn.

Kidd Dragging the squad of

Kerry Kittles, rook/2nd year Richard Jefferson/Kenyon Martin/Shitty center of the month.

To the finals twice?

Shiieeeeeeeet. Dude was Nash level crazy before media people gave a shit about that type of crazy.

Dirk's game will not fall off much at all. As long as he keeps his conditioning up. His length and shot are always going to be there.
People keep saying this, but I can't agree. His shot may be there, but running around at his height is hell on his back, knees, ankles and feet. He is going to be a huge liability on D and at his age with his mileage a chronic nagging injury is a real possibility. Its the main reason why if I were DWill I may want to steer clear of Dallas. They have cash and the willingness to spend it but Dirk is going to be slow as molasses sooner rather than later.

Look at videos of Hakeem working out with Dwight. His shot and post moves are still there, that ain't the reason he isn't in the league.

My top 5 all time would be:

1) Jordan: Revolutionized the game and pretty much made it the rising global power that it is.

2) Russell: Dem titles

3) The Big O: Averaged a triple double multiple seasons. Never get's his props. Take that LBJ.

4) Wilt: So much better than everyone else on the floor not named Bill. Also led the league in assits twice.

5) Bird and Magic: In together...out together. Revolutionized team play and saved a dying nba. (see Jordan, mike for who ran with the torch)

No current NBA player has a shot at this list. LBJ blew his chance leaving Cleveland and losing titles.

My top 5 all time would be:

1) Jordan: Revolutionized the game and pretty much made it the rising global power that it is.

2) Russell: Dem titles

3) The Big O: Averaged a triple double multiple seasons. Never get's his props. Take that LBJ.

4) Wilt: So much better than everyone else on the floor not named Bill. Also led the league in assits twice.

5) Bird and Magic: In together...out together. Revolutionized team play and saved a dying nba. (see Jordan, mike for who ran with the torch)

No current NBA player has a shot at this list. LBJ blew his chance leaving Cleveland and losing titles.

Kareem? I can't put O above Kareem.

Kareem would have been #6. Fo sho.

The Big O never gets his due :-(

Yea. Though that goes back to the expectations of others in regards to winning the chips. He didn't win until Kareem arrived and even then he was on the tail end of his career. Same with Wilt. With Wilt it was 'But you ONLY won two championships!!!' Of course he had to go through Russell for almost a decade just to get to the finals.

Yea. Though that goes back to the expectations of others in regards to winning the chips. He didn't win until Kareem arrived and even then he was on the tail end of his career. Same with Wilt. With Wilt it was 'But you ONLY won two championships!!!' Of course he had to go through Russell for almost a decade just to get to the finals.

He played for years in Cincy with dicks like Wayne Embry and still managed to average a.triple double. Could Bron do that on the Bobcat's? Hell no.

Blackace

reilo: I'm pretty sure most in the media rank Bird ahead of Lebron. SLAM has guys like Stockton over Lebron lol.

As they should...Stock leads the NBA in ast and steals...

LBJ just leads last shots turned down at the All Star game..

He played for years in Cincy with dicks like Wayne Embry and still managed to average a.triple double. Could Bron do that on the Bobcat's? Hell no.

He'd get the PPG and RPG but not the APG. Yep. And maybe its just me but it seems that Oscar has some bitterness to this day, though that may come from how he was treated due to the racial inequality of the day.

LuchaShaq

Banned
All time lists are fucked up.

Peak of dominance or length + great but not dominant?

If you said draft a guy and get Kareem or Shaq, I take Kareem because even when he was old he was still great.

Give me one game with my life riding on the line? I'll take prime shaq over everyone not named Jordan or Russel.

If you said draft a guy and get Kareem or Shaq, I take Kareem because even when he was old he was still great.

Give me one game with my life riding on the line? I'll take prime shaq over everyone not named Jordan or Russel.

I personally put Shaq in my top 10 as well. Prime Shaq was cheat code.

Very good point and I really can't disagree. It's funny, now that Shaq has retired, I'm able to appreciate him much more. Dude was just, I don't even know. Like Common says, cheat code.

thekad

Banned
As they should...Stock leads the NBA in ast and steals...

Longevity's nice, but Stockton never made his teammates better as much as Nash did his, nor did he disrupt offenses as much as Kidd or Payton.

And Lebron is a better player on offense and on defense than Stockton, easily.

Top Bottom