• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Cause Rose moves much better without the ball and could probably get more out of Bosh as well.

Wade ISO with Rose running off a screen or slashing could actually happen, an aspect we expected from wade/bron but rarely see.

edit:lol but perhaps thats more of a coaching issue.

Rose is a pretty shitty shooter though so I don't know if that would really be effective and help them and Rose is a much worse scorer with the ball than LeBron is so I'm not seeing many benefits.

Im not a Lebron fan.

They are not being over matched at PG now with their starting one out, Bron would play SG but handle the ball some like he does now which is fine, and they are fucked at PF either way.

You don't really shut a player like Kobe down, you try to contain him and make the other guys beat you.
If you downgrade the talent around Bron they become contenders somehow?

Chalmers is about as mediocre as their current pg in CHI, Wade is a better SG than anyone iin CHI, Bron is Bron but in CHI their second best player would be playing the same position as him, Bosh is better than booz and Noah shits on turiaf.

Itd be Cavs 2.0. Regular season champs, bounced in the playoffs.

Then you lose Deng because LBJ is going to play 35 mins

Trade Deng for a quakity PG? Problem solved and bulls win 60 games next year.

Also Bron played the point basically his entire career in Cleveland...did you not watch them play? Mo wasn't bringing up that rock.

Rose running off a screen would be horrible and no way would you rather have him slashing then a 6'8 Lebron.
You can count on one hand how often Bron slashes in a given game. Thats why I said its probably a coaching issue. Spo due to his dumbassness or Brons unwillingness can't seem to take advantage of obvious fortunes in front of them.

Also Bron played the point basically his entire career in Cleveland...did you not watch them play? Mo wasn't bringing up that rock.
Bron as PG is easy as fuck to shut down as demonstrated by Boston, San Antonio and Orlando.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

On O he played PG.. But was covered by SFs.. He took care of Rose last year tho.. But being a full time PG both sides of the ball wouldn't be good or LBJ would have been that already..

Miami could have kept Beas and let LBJ run point if they thought he could

What about the 58 teams they beat a season?

If Bron had a quality SG in Cleveland they would have won a title. Period.
Do I need to explain adjustments to you?

No other single player could have got those cleveland teams to that many wins, but they were constantly exposed for what they were in the playoffs every year without fail.

Omer Asik or Ronnie Brewer are better than everyone on those LeBron Cavs teams other than LeBron and Andy V and they don't even play much at all on the Bulls without injury. Mo and Hickson are two of the worst players in the NBA and they were critical parts of those teams. Swap Rose with LeBron and the Bulls cruise to the title and kill everyone in their path.

Omer Asik or Ronnie Brewer are better than everyone on those LeBron Cavs teams other than LeBron and Andy V and they don't even play much at all on the Bulls without injury. Mo and Hickson are two of the worst players in the NBA and they were critical parts of those teams. Swap Rose with LeBron and the Bulls cruise to the title and kill everyone in their path.

Don't forget Larry Hughes!

Exactly. We didn't have a quality 2. Redd would have got us a title.
No it wouldn't have. Bron doesn't have the BBIQ to adjust to adjustments.

He would have gotten picked up at the 3mere point line looking to pass while the wings stayed covered. It would have been the same old story cause Bron isn't a great decision maker

No it wouldn't have. Bron doesn't have the BBIQ to adjust to adjustments.

He would have gotten picked up at the 3mere point line looking to pass while the wings stayed covered. It would have been the same old story cause Bron isn't a great decision maker

I dunno..he looked pretty smart against OKC yesterday...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
"Stan is still our coach, Dwight is still a player and this is just another chapter that’s been going on since the beginning of the season," said Smith, who stressed that a demand for a coaching change was never made to him." Regardless of what has been asked, Stan is still the coach of this basketball team, so that’s where we are.

"(Caving to a player’s demand) is not how I do business," Smith continued. "Everyone has a role. Player play, coaches coach and general managers manage the process, but sometimes lines get blurred. Coaches never play, but players sometimes think they can coach. … I don’t know the alternatives. The choices are to keep going this way or change (coaches), but what are you changing into? I think the coach has done a very good job with the team that he has. We’re not playing very good basketball right now, so (Van Gundy) is frustrated."

Well at least he's honest.

Nope.

Rose and Bron don't even play the same position, the idea that plugging Bron into Rose's role makes them champs makes black and white an issue that is completely grey.

Bron couldn't chip with Chalmers Wade Bosh and Haslem and we're supposed to just nod when you say he can do it with Watson Gibson Boozer and Noah?

The biggest piece to the puzzle I think is the coaching change. Spo really needs to be let go due to dumb strategies or inability to take control.

Flash

SVG is an idiot for throwing Dwight under the bus like that. Their season is over now and SVG is definitely NOT coming back so what good did that do?

Triple U

Banned

I don't see how anybody can try and refute this.

Flash

Are you seriously insinuating that LeBron's current team is not good enough for him to "cruise to the title"? That Rose has a better supporting squad?

Cause really... no. Just no.

Are you seriously insinuating that LeBron's current team is not good enough for him to "cruist to the title"? That Rose has a better supporting squad?

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if you had LeBron on a team with Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, and Kevin Love that people would still say he didn't have enough help.

Because its really not that simple.

If you look at The Bulls roster sans Rose, and think a SF who plays like a pass first combo guard would be a great fit, then well...shit.

Bron is better than Rose, but he's not a better fit for that team.

giga

Holy crap at this kobe move!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CLir2enNEnM#t=143s

I count 4 defenders going for the ball...........

Mamba!!!!

lol

O32uM.jpg

Flash

Thats the point though. Dwight shitted on him, so he shitted on Dwight.

Dwight went all in with the Magic last month by opting in. All SVG has to do it put his shit together and try to make a push for the championship. What exactly does throwing the star player under the bus do? It just divides the team and causes all sorts of unnecessary drama.

A player like Dwight Howard is infinitely more valuable to a franchise then a coach like SVG, so its pretty much guaranteed that he's not coming back.

If I were Otis I'd just fire SVG cause this season is pointless now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Mo was fairly good on O.. Calling Mo Williams at the time he was on Cle and the Bucks one of the worst players in the NBA is hyperbolic trash.

In fact he was a better shooter than anyone on the Bulls now..

Mo was fairly good on O.. Calling Mo Williams at the time he was on Cle and the Bucks one of the worst players in the NBA is hyperbolic trash.

Mo was a solid 16 and 5 on about 45% shooting. His stats took a dip with Bron actually because Bron isn't a very good PG.

Triple U

Banned
All I need to do is look at how LeBron performed in the finals. He had Dwayne freaking Wade and Chris Bosh and he STILL couldn't win a championship.

The Heat as they were last year or this year even aren't a very good team. They win because of talent. This theoretical Bulls squad would be alot better.

Flash

The Heat as they were last year or this year even aren't a very good team. They win because of talent. This theoretical Bulls squad would be alot better.

The theoretical bulls squad works because of Rose and how everyone bought into Thibs system. You can't assume that it'd work with LeBron because they are very different players.

Are you seriously insinuating that LeBron's current team is not good enough for him to "cruise to the title"? That Rose has a better supporting squad?

LeBron's supporting cast is totally nonsensical (which is completely on him, but not really related to this) whereas Rose's supporting cast actually hides his weaknesses and has a bunch of really good players.

Triple U

Banned
Because its really not that simple.

If you look at The Bulls roster sans Rose, and think a SF who plays like a pass first combo guard would be a great fit, then well...shit.

Bron is better than Rose, but he's not a better fit for that team.

Lebron is a way better playmaker than Rose and could do everything rose does better. He's a way better fit.
Blackace said:

Mo was wildly inconsistent and his numbers took a nosedive in the playoffs.

Top Bottom