• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Davis was a better college player than Bosh...

Yea but that doesn't mean anything.

Christian Laettner (6"11), and Tyler Hansbrough (6"9) were amazing PF in college to never do shit.

I think Davis will end up better than those two, but to say an future perennial all-star like Bosh I'm not so sure about that.

thekad

Banned
Yea but that doesn't mean anything.

Christian Laettner (6"11), and Tyler Hansbrough (6"9) were amazing PF in college to never do shit.

I think Davis will end up better than those two, but to say an future perennial all-star like Bosh I'm not so sure about that.

Trax was implying that Davis was a worse prospect than Bosh because of their college ball resumes, respectively. That's dumb because Davis was better than Bosh. And Davis obviously has better jumpoutofthegym ability than Bosh.

Triple U

Banned
He can not simply take over PG duties, he has a long history of not being able to adjust to defenses treating him like a dominant PG in the playoffs. He is only as good as his supporting cast in tne playoffs and the heat offer him more relief than the bulls could cause wade and Bosh are better than anyone not named Rose on The Bulls.
He doesn't have to take over pg duties. Rose is barely above average as a pg and the backups are not that far removed in that regard. During this stretch with Rose out the Bulls have made it very clear that they are great passing amongst themselves, they don't need Rose because of his PG skills.

He doesn't have to take over pg duties. Rose is barely above average as a pg and the backups are not that far removed in that regard. During this stretch with Rose out the Bulls have made it very clear that they are great passing amongst themselves, they don't need Rose because of his PG skills.
Then how exactly would a ball dominate SF who fanccies himself Magic Johnson be effective?

Wade would be a better fit, and so would Rose. That Bulls roster isn't built to suit bron's game.

Triple U

Banned
Then how exactly would a ball dominate SF who fanccies himself Magic Johnson be effective?

Wade would be a better fit, and so would Rose. That Bulls roster isn't built to suit bron's game.
Because he can add to what they already do. Lebron prefers to not have to provide bit of offense for a team, and he wouldnt have to with the Bulls. Also wade and rose are basically the same players, only wade is better so yea.

All the new Clipper fans are mighty quiet at work.

70% are secretaries who don't even watch basketball sports, but somehow they are now fans of the Clippers and Blake Griffith. The other 30% are dudes who, as far as I know, didn't watch basketball before this season (but are now die hard fans). Or at least never discussed sports of any kind with the dudes who are known to follow sports.

CLIPPER NATION.

casual Laker fans in my office did the same thing in their lean years (all they know is Kobe, Kobe, Kobe). Not a big deal, unless you feel threatened ;)

lttp, but I watched the game at a buds house last night. It was a great game. MWP steal on CP3 at the end was the winning play to me. I knew they would lose after that.

Clips D is garbage. And nobody on that team can (or wants) to check Bynum. Blake and Jordan need to improve their defense hard over the OS. Or VDN needs to get in their ass more, idk. And Blake needs to learn how to shoot a 15 footer.

Good close game though, Lakers have too much inside. Would love for them to meet in the playoffs somehow.

Because he can add to what they already do. Lebron prefers to not have to provide bit of offense for a team, and he wouldnt have to with the Bulls. Also wade and rose are basically the same players, only wade is better so yea.
Bron would be in the same role as he was in while with Cleveland. No one in CHI could give him what Wade and Bosh do, a top tier iso playmaker who can handle the ball well and a excellent mid range jumpshooter. And he still couldn't get it done.

Bron either handles the ball and makes a poor pass or bad decision every so often or he sits idle and watches someon else go to work. It is proving rather difficult to build a chip caliber team around such an amazingly gifted athlete.

Triple U

Banned
Bron would be in the same role as he was in while with Cleveland. No one in CHI could give him what Wade and Bosh do, a top tier iso playmaker who can handle the ball well and a excellent mid range jumpshooter. And he still couldn't get it done.

Bron either handles the ball and makes a poor pass or bad decision every so often or he sits idle and watches someon else go to work. It is proving rather difficult to build a chip caliber team around such an amazingly gifted athlete.

That doesn't change the fact that the MIA Heat aren't a well constructed team or that the theoritical Bulls team wouldn't be significantly better the CLE teams. He's been handling the ball fine as of late also.

He's not. NBADraft.net "discovered" him and now they're hyping him up like they hyped up Whiteside. He's going to go late first-round if he doesn't bomb out of interviews (which is pretty possible)

You are NBA-Gaf's Jay Bilas. I was begining to think Moultrie was a made up guy or something.

My bad. But i Agree with your point. Unless davis puts on some weight he might be javale mcgee part II

McGee's problem is that he's a dumbass. Davis seems to be built from the DRose line of emotionless robots.

Duki

Banned
man the amount people talked about fab melo i thought hed be a lottery pick or something

they just wouldnt shut the fuck up about him

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bosh averaged almost 24 when Raptors were one of the top seeds in the Eastern Conference.

The argument that he did it on a "bad" team is retarded. Bosh did it while being the MOST EFFICIENT PF in the NBA. He wasn't chucking to get his numbers on a bad team.

You can also see this with Miami. When Bosh gets first option touches, he is dropping 25+. However normally he is only getting third option touches (sometimes less thanks to Hog Wade), so is averaging around 18 a game. Hell, he out played the MVP of the league last year in the Chicago playoff series.

Chris is not the best PF ever or even close. However acting like what he has done offensively is nothing, is wrong.

If Davis can do that, and have great defense, and rebound well, then he will be a game changer.

However right now. He is to weak to play in the NBA offensively and contribute in a meaningful way. Hell, even to play defense against big men he has to put on muscle. He isn't Kevin Durant. He has a big mans skill set with a little mans strength.

Missouri_Kansas_Basketball_0bb32.jpg

The guy above bodied him all day long in the championship game.

They won 47 games. Calm yo self.

dabig2

That doesn't change the fact that the MIA Heat aren't a well constructed team or that the theoritical Bulls team wouldn't be significantly better the CLE teams. He's been handling the ball fine as of late also.

"Handling the ball fine as of late" does not equate to 82 games + playoffs of success. It's a bullshit extrapolation.

Theoretical Bulls could be a better than The old Cavs but not the current heat.

There's a distinct difference between dumping a pass off to Wade orafter Bosh after not making a playing with 8 seconds left and doing the same to Taj Gibson or Carlos Boozer.

man the amount people talked about fab melo i thought hed be a lottery pick or something

they just wouldnt shut the fuck up about him

Fab Melo is 7ft tall so any type of real analysis goes out the window for some reason.

It is the reason Thabeet was the 2nd pick despite Blair taking his food every time they met.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Fab Melo is 7ft tall so any type of real analysis goes out the window for some reason.

It is the reason Thabeet was the 2nd pick despite Blair taking his food every time they met.

That Pittsburg Powerbomb should've kept him from being draft eligible.

Triple U

Banned
"Handling the ball fine as of late" does not equate to 82 games + playoffs of success. It's a bullshit extrapolation.
For 82 games he has had the best record twice with 60+ wins and one of the most effecient offenses ever. He's fine at handling the ball.
Theoretical Bulls could be a better than The old Cavs but not the current heat.

There's a distinct difference between dumping a pass off to Wade orafter Bosh after not making a playing with 8 seconds left and doing the same to Taj Gibson or Carlos Boozer.

The argument was never current heat vs the bulls team.

For 82 games he has had the best record twice with 60+ wins and one of the most effecient offenses ever. He's fine at handling the ball.

The argument was never current heat vs the bulls team.
Like I said earlier, Rose is a better fit on the current Bulls team because Bron would turn the bulls into neocavs.

Duki

Banned
Like I said earlier, Rose is a better fit on the current Bulls team because Bron would turn the bulls into neocavs.

psst the bulls already are

coach whos all d no o

a star who wilted like a motherfucker in the playoffs when carrying the team by himself got impossible

bunch of stiffs for teammates who are too afraid to shoot

and even the stench of carlos boozer tying it all together

bulls fans are in for a whole lot of Regular Season Championships

SoulPlaya

more money than God

coach whos all d no o

a star who wilted like a motherfucker in the playoffs when carrying the team by himself got impossible

We're the new pre-championship Mavs.

coach whos all d no o

Coach Thibs = Myyyyyke Brown?

*snickers*

coach whos all d no o

Team has been impressive without him

Vahagn

psst the heat already are

coach whos all d no o

a star who wilted like a motherfucker in the Finals when carrying the team by himself got impossible

bunch of stiffs for teammates who are too afraid to shoot...other than Chalmers and Wade

and even the stench of Free Agents Signings shadiness tying it all together

Heat fans are in for a whole lot of Regular Season Championships

It works so Well

Top Bottom