• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Lebron is a way better playmaker than Rose and could do everything rose does better. He's a way better fit.

Mo was wildly inconsistent and his numbers took a nosedive in the playoffs.
Jordan was a better player than Pau. Swap the two and they still win back to back? Its not that simple.

Blackface

Banned
Without using roids, he will turn out to be a better player than Bosh. If you're arguing that without roids he will be an offensive bust, what does that say about Bosh?

Anthony Davis couldn't put up Bosh offensive numbers facing shitty college kids. I hope he can average 24 or more PPG while being the most efficient offensive PF in the NBA like Bosh did with the Raptors in his last season. For being a number 1 pick, he is going to need to do that plus have amazing defense (which Bosh didn't) and put up great rebounding numbers. Nobody wants a "bosh" or an "amare" or a "LMA" as the number 1 pick.

I am not rooting against Anthony Davis. He just has offensive bust written all over him.

Jonm1010

Banned
Anthony Davis has two choices

1. Do Steroids

or

2. Be an offensive bust in the NBA.

Garnett came in the league like a twig and he's done alright. But yeah, he needs to gain serious weight.

I don't know, I do think Davis can come in a and be a defensive presence immediately and good on the fast break.

He's still my number one prospect for the hornets.

Anthony Davis couldn't put up Bosh offensive numbers facing shitty college kids. I hope he can average 24 or more PPG while being the most efficient offensive PF in the NBA like Bosh did with the Raptors in his last season. For being a number 1 pick, he is going to need to do that plus have amazing defense (which Bosh didn't) and put up great rebounding numbers. Nobody wants a "bosh" or an "amare" or a "LMA" as the number 1 pick.

I am not rooting against Anthony Davis. He just has offensive bust written all over him.

Bosh averaged 24 or more because he was on one of if not the worst team in the league. It's quite easy to score 20+ points when you're the first and main option on a team. Davis comes in with better defense and if he simply averages 15-20ppg while dominating defensively, that will be more than enough to make him a game changer.

Jonm1010

Banned

Assuming whoever drafts him forces about 25 pounds on him over a couple seasons and given his guard background, I have more faith in him developing offensively.

Plus as deep as this draft is, being honest about it, almost all the expected top picks have significant question marks.

Just woke up from a nap to see all ow that Dwight SVG drama, goddamn! Good for SVG! Dwight is a real piece of work.

Is D12 trying to copy everything Shaq has done throughout his career (except actually be dominant)?

Uhh, Davis at 19 had similar offensive numbers in college to Bosh and had much better numbers than LMA in college at 21. And he's being hyped for defense and his physical tools+BBIQ+touch are incredible, so I'm not really seeing what you're arguing except trying to use a bunch of weird comparisons that don't make sense.

Flash

Bosh averaged 24 or more because he was on one of if not the worst team in the league. It's quite easy to score 20+ points when you're the first and main option on a team. Davis comes in with better defense and if he simply averages 15-20ppg while dominating defensively, that will be more than enough to make him a game changer.

Raptors weren't always that bad. We had a few winning seasons and playoff appearances. I don't like Bosh but I think he gets a lot of unwarranted hate. Part of his problem was joining the heat where he gets no credit but a lot of blame. He's an efficient scorer with good range - had he gone to the Bulls he would be be in a much better position (in terms of individual stats and image).

Just woke up from a nap to see all ow that Dwight SVG drama, goddamn! Good for SVG! Dwight is a real piece of work.

Is D12 trying to copy everything Shaq has done throughout his career (except actually be dominant)?

Wait, what? Dwight has been dominant. Like Shaq, Dwight didn't win anything in Orlando and did carry his team to the finals. Dwight didn't have Penny Hardaway. Shaq didn't win shit until his 8th season in the league.

Raptors weren't always that bad. We had a few winning seasons and playoff appearances. I don't like Bosh but I think he gets a lot of unwarranted hate. Part of his problem was joining the heat where he gets no credit but a lot of blame. He's an efficient scorer with good range - had he gone to the Bulls he would be be in a much better position (in terms of individual stats and image).

I'm not saying he isn't a good player but lets not act as though he's some superstar (not that you did).

Wait, what? Dwight has been dominant. Like Shaq, Dwight didn't win anything in Orlando and did carry his team to the finals. Dwight didn't have Penny Hardaway. Shaq didn't win shit until his 8th season in the league.
I doubt he would have dominated against the competition Shaq played against throughout his career.

He was but he was never a second option on a contender good.

I never said it was simple. There are multiple reasons why it is better though.
He can not simply take over PG duties, he has a long history of not being able to adjust to defenses treating him like a dominant PG in the playoffs. He is only as good as his supporting cast in tne playoffs and the heat offer him more relief than the bulls could cause wade and Bosh are better than anyone not named Rose on The Bulls.

Blackface

Banned

Bosh averaged almost 24 when Raptors were one of the top seeds in the Eastern Conference.

The argument that he did it on a "bad" team is retarded. Bosh did it while being the MOST EFFICIENT PF in the NBA. He wasn't chucking to get his numbers on a bad team.

You can also see this with Miami. When Bosh gets first option touches, he is dropping 25+. However normally he is only getting third option touches (sometimes less thanks to Hog Wade), so is averaging around 18 a game. Hell, he out played the MVP of the league last year in the Chicago playoff series.

Chris is not the best PF ever or even close. However acting like what he has done offensively is nothing, is wrong.

If Davis can do that, and have great defense, and rebound well, then he will be a game changer.

However right now. He is to weak to play in the NBA offensively and contribute in a meaningful way. Hell, even to play defense against big men he has to put on muscle. He isn't Kevin Durant. He has a big mans skill set with a little mans strength.

Missouri_Kansas_Basketball_0bb32.jpg

The guy above bodied him all day long in the championship game.

Bosh averaged almost 24 when Raptors were one of the top seeds in the Eastern Conference.

The argument that he did it on a "bad" team is retarded. Bosh did it while being the MOST EFFICIENT PF in the NBA. He wasn't chucking to get his numbers on a bad team.

You can also see this with Miami. When Bosh gets first option touches, he is dropping 25+. However normally he is only getting third option touches (sometimes less thanks to Hog Wade), so is averaging around 18 a game. Hell, he out played the MVP of the league last year in the Chicago playoff series.

Chris is not the best PF ever or even close. However acting like what he has done offensively is nothing, is wrong.

If Davis can do that, and have great defense, and rebound well, then he will be a game changer.

However right now. He is to weak to play in the NBA offensively and contribute in a meaningful way. Hell, even to play defense against big men he has to put on muscle. He isn't Kevin Durant. He has a big mans skill set with a little mans strength.

Missouri_Kansas_Basketball_0bb32.jpg

The guy above bodied him all day long in the championship game.

1. They didn't defend each other
2. Robinson got blocked by Davis around 4 times and went 6-17
3. This is just some stupid Bosh hype at this point

Flash

Bullshit. Dwight could go up against any of those guys and do exactly what he's doing now.

It's a bad argument because there's no way to prove it. To me its all relative and Dwight is the most dominant center in the league today. Doesn't matter if that statement stands true 5 years ago or 50 years ago.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Uhh, Davis at 19 had similar offensive numbers in college to Bosh and had much better numbers than LMA in college at 21. And he's being hyped for defense and his physical tools+BBIQ+touch are incredible, so I'm not really seeing what you're arguing except trying to use a bunch of weird comparisons that don't make sense.

Not only that, but Bosh was the focal point of his team's offense.

Davis is fifth in FGA per game for Kentucky.

SUPREME1

Banned
All the new Clipper fans are mighty quiet at work.

70% are secretaries who don't even watch basketball sports, but somehow they are now fans of the Clippers and Blake Griffith. The other 30% are dudes who, as far as I know, didn't watch basketball before this season (but are now die hard fans). Or at least never discussed sports of any kind with the dudes who are known to follow sports.

CLIPPER NATION.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wow just saw the news about SVG/Dwight. Dwights had a full heel turn this year. Also whats with top centers in the league having attitude issues.?!

It's a bad argument because there's no way to prove it. To me its all relative and Dwight is the most dominant center in the league today. Doesn't matter if that statement stands true 5 years ago or 50 years ago.
I guess. I just find his low post game to be very sad. He also gets his ass whooped by Pek every time we play them.

Blackface

Banned
About the Davis weight thing...

Garnett
Bynum
Dwight

1. Dwight was way bigger then Davis coming out of HS.

2. It has taken Bynum 7 fucking seasons to be worth talking about. He has been garbage and injured for half a decade. Now this season, when he is actually good, he is WAY bigger then Davis.

3. Garnett is a good comparison. If he ends up like Kevin, then he will be one of the best ever. However that is a huge stretch, and a big leap of faith. Not many guys have come in at Kevin's size and done what Kevin ended up doing. Using a single instance as an example isn't good odds.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't understand why people are trying to look at Davis as an offensive threat or something. He's the best C prospect since Oden. Definitely a better prospect than Dwight was too. For nearly 5 years, Dwight survived and thrived on athleticism alone. Davis has already clearly shown that he's coming into the league with the foundation of a skillset.
I guess. I just find his low post game to be very sad. He also gets his ass whooped by Pek every time we play them.

The only guy in the league who plays that old school "fuk yo couch" low post style is Pek and sometimes Marc Gasol.

I wouldn't hold it against him... being beat by an anomaly that he may have only faced 5 times in total.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Poor Stan is probably sobbing uncontrollably while eating a box of donuts after reading that Hedo quote.

Just like I watch my Magic games.

Top Bottom