• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Like anyone else could get that much more out of that team other than maybe Phil and Pop.

Maybe their next coach won't be so hell bent on freezing the best center in the league out of the offense and obliterating gifted point guards.

Branduil

Why doesn't SVG get any blame for starting this drama? I'm sure plenty of players have asked for coaches to be fired before, but those coaches didn't go crying to the media about it just to get back at the player.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Why doesn't SVG get any blame for starting this drama? I'm sure plenty of players have asked for coaches to be fired before, but those coaches didn't go crying to the media about it just to get back at the player.

MJm1G.gif

Did you just really say the 2006 Lakers?

LOL

A team starting Luke Walton, kwame/Mihm, and Smush Parker won 45 games in the West and 1 Tim Thomas shot away from upsetting the Suns and then obviously beating the Clips to make the WCF.

The '94 Bulls won 55 games without Jordan and 1 shot away from making the ECF.

diehard

Fleer
A team starting Luke Walton, kwame/Mihm, and Smush Parker won 45 games in the West and 1 Tim Thomas shot away from upsetting the Suns and then obviously beating the Clips to make the WCF.

The '94 Bulls won 55 games without Jordan and 1 shot away from making the ECF.

Any team that is up 3-1, then proceeds to lose by 31 in game 7 while their star player quits on the team... that season is not a good example of great coaching, no matter the roster.

Emwitus

And my goodness at this statement by nash in 06. He was a cocky little man back then, wasn't he?

"It was I guess, a fairly comfortable situation," Phoenix's Steve Nash said. "It never got real desperate. We didn't obviously blow them out, but I thought we did a good job. We weren't real sharp, but that's a tough situation. They had nothing to lose. Everyone expects them to be out."

dabig2

They are 42-13 without the reigning MVP for about a third of those games. What team meets your so-called standards.

14-7 without Rose is basically expected. Bulls are still a legit, solid, and deep team. The Thunder without Durant and Miami without LeBron with the same, exact schedule should theoretically accomplish the same thing.

Outside of the Miami upset, they have won the games people expected them to and have lost a few games many did not expect them to including a tanking Portland, struggling Denver, and average Houston team. All at home.

Any team that is up 3-1, then proceeds to lose by 31 in game 7 while their star player quits on the team... that season is not a good example of great coaching, no matter the roster.

Up 3-1 and got unlucky with a Tim Thomas shot.

Who cares if they got blown out? One game changes what he did for an entire season? That team would have won much less with any other coach.

Smush, Walton, george, mihm, Kwame all got huge minutes. And they won 45 games.

14-7 without Rose is basically expected. Bulls are still a legit, solid, and deep team. The Thunder without Durant and Miami without LeBron with the same, exact schedule should theoretically accomplish the same thing.

Outside of the Miami upset, they have won the games people expected them to and have lost a few games many did not expect them to including a tanking Portland, struggling Denver, and average Houston team. All at home.
Heat without LeBron would go 14-7? Haven't they been shit without him?

Glen Taylor just Blamed the current Wolves shittiness on injuries. What a piece of work.

LuchaShaq

Banned
2006 Kobe with the 2008 roster would have decimated the Celtics, even with Wheelchair Pierce on Space Cadet.

People forget how insane he was.

05-06 Kobe would rip 08-10 Kobe to fucking shreds on both sides of the ball. Not even close to the same level of player. Problem is dumb media/fans act like Pau/Bynum improvements/etc didn't have to do with any of their success. Know more than one fan who actually thinks the pau era Kobe is better than Smush/Kwame years. "Look at the record!" No look at the production and roster you dense fuck. /rant over

Gabyskra

Banned
All the new Clipper fans are mighty quiet at work.

70% are secretaries who don't even watch basketball sports, but somehow they are now fans of the Clippers and Blake Griffith. The other 30% are dudes who, as far as I know, didn't watch basketball before this season (but are now die hard fans). Or at least never discussed sports of any kind with the dudes who are known to follow sports.

CLIPPER NATION.

Are you really making the case for the Lakers to be a "nation" of authentic basketball fans? Like you guys are diehards, and know your shit? Fuck, just look at the attendance numbers:
http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=lal&lg=N

You guys disappeared in the 90s. The very definition of fairweather.

Listening to KSPN all day, the Lakers fans are salty over Blake Griffins two dunks from last night.
So stupid, Pau got baptized twice. Next time make sure he doesn't get the ball through the hoop. Otherwise Pau forced Blake into a pretty mediocre game. 6 of 14 for 13 points? Blake can son Pau every game if it means he performs like that all night.

Vahagn

Have to agree. Kobe was, I don't even know what adjective to use about that season. My god.

I remember that season clearly...it was baffling.

IF Kobe scored less than 35 it was a bad game....more than 35 it was an average game....more than 40 it was a good game...more than 50 it was a great game

He scored more than 35 points 45 times that regular season
He scored more than 40 points 26 times that regular season

That shit was unreal

I have no idea what you're talking about. Disappeared?

Edit: Did not become a nba fan until 2004 and I still don't see it.

I don't think he knows that the Staples Center capacity was larger than the Forum capacity. Our mid 90's numbers and our mid 80's numbers aren't all that different. I don't remember an opposing player getting MVP chants in our building though...did happen in the GAHHHHHHHDEN though just few years back

Are you really making the case for the Lakers to be a "nation" of authentic basketball fans? Like you guys are diehards, and know your shit? Fuck, just look at the attendance numbers:
http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=lal&lg=N

You guys disappeared in the 90s. The very definition of fairweather.

Gabyskra

Banned

Lakers fans are only fans when they win and have superstars. They just did not show up for an exciting team that had NVE - Jones - Ceballos - Elden - Vlade... Lessons given by Lakers fans about Clips fans being bandwagoners? Fuck that noise.

*edit* ryu yeah i get your point, but don't talk about a "culture" then. It's a collective thing, and you might be hardcore yourself, it does not mean Lakers' culture is that much better than new Clips fans

Vahagn

Lakers fans are only fans when they win and have superstars. They just did not show up for an exciting team that had NVE - Jones - Ceballos - Elden - Vlade... Lessons given by Lakers fans about Clips fans being bandwagoners? Fuck that noise.

*edit* ryu yeah i get your point, but don't talk about a "culture" then. It's a collective thing, and you might be hardcore yourself, it does not mean Lakers' culture is that much better than new Clips fans

If you don't live in LA...you don't know what you're talking about. Stop comparing Laker Fans in NY or other cities with Laker Fans in LA. Lakers run this town, and have run this town for basically 30 years. I can't attest to what Laker Fans who live in Denver or Charlotte do...but in LA...that's not the case. Any team that wins is going to have people jump on the bandwagon...that's natural...but to act like we didn't have a culture in the mid 90's or the lean Kobe years is just insane.

Really? Thats funny because I was going to games when Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Sedale Threat, Vlade, Elden Campbell, and company were leading the Lakers to the playoffs and to the 1994 season in which we missed the playoffs. Still following the team and listening/watching the broadcasts with Chick and Stu. As was my family and friends. You really don't have a clue.

yes they did.

Plus you're forgetting that LA hit a slump with the '94 earthquake. And didn't the Forum lose some seats in the 90s for a time?

Most teams don't get those attendance figures you cite on down years.

http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=LAC&lg=n

Here are the Clips for comparison. Also, attendance figures are BS. The Clippers ones at Staples are false. A huge portion of those tickets were given away for free and actual people showing up was much less.

h3ro

Every fan goes to games.

Everyone else isn't a fan.

To be fair, isn't this the logic we all use to deride the Miami fanbase? I'm not defending them for the apathy I've seen that city show not only the Heat, but the Marlins as well, but this argument can be made of any fanbase that, despite a modicum of success, is unable to sell out their arena.

Honestly, I wish the Knicks didn't sell out the Garden every night after the JVG years, maybe that would have scared Dolan off or something.

Top Bottom