• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Alrix

I can't stay mad at you, Knicks. I hope Melo continues on this roll. He sure is fun to watch when he's feeling it.

Gabyskra

Banned
Really? Thats funny because I was going to games when Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Sedale Threat, Vlade, Elden Campbell, and company were leading the Lakers to the playoffs and to the 1994 season in which we missed the playoffs. Still following the team and listening/watching the broadcasts with Chick and Stu. As was my family and friends. You really don't have a clue.

Look at the numbers.
http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=lal&lg=N
Big drop from 92 to 97.

No lie.

Be in LA all you want, still doesn't change the fact the arena sounded emptier.

To be fair, isn't this the logic we all use to deride the Miami fanbase?
Guys like MOB, Wesker and Pheephee were here when their team was barely making the playoffs, their 'culture' got hijacked by bandwagoners and dickriders. Happens to every fanbase. I have a friend who is a real Clippers fan and I know a few bandwagoners, its the way of the sports world. But real recognize real.

Random but I just realized something

"DY_nasty" - "_" = "Dynasty"

mind-blown_thumb.gif

To be fair, isn't this the logic we all use to deride the Miami fanbase? I'm not defending them for the apathy I've seen that city show not only the Heat, but the Marlins as well, but this argument can be made of any fanbase that, despite a modicum of success, is unable to sell out their arena.

No. The heat are contenders and Miami doesn't care that much. And most of them believe Michael Jordan was the greatest player in their franchise's history.

Look at the numbers.
http://www.databasebasketball.com/te...tm?tm=lal&lg=N
Big drop from 92 to 97.

No lie.

Be in LA all you want, still doesn't change the fact the arena sounded emptier.

Every area has a dip when the team is worse. Especially when a city gets devastated by an earthquake...

VPhys

I just saw the press conference with Stan Van Gundy, when Dewight Howard goes up and puts his arm around Dwight Howard it is so freaking awkward.

Gabyskra

Banned
wouldn't it be sadder if you compared them to the attendance of the Spurs or Jazz?

Good point, or OKC after a while. Those are cultures I can appreciate.

Damn that earthquake argument, attendance went down the year before, less than 2 years after they went to the Finals...

Good point, or OKC after a while. Those are cultures I can appreciate.

Damn that earthquake argument, attendance went down the year before, less than 2 years after they went to the Finals...

And Magic retired. And it was 1 year. '93-94 had the EQ (was in January on MLK day) and attendance, shock, dropped a lot. And I swear the were redoing some seating in the forum in the mid 90s. The capacity, IIRC, was smaller for a few years.

The attendance barely dropped in a down year. It was already back to 16k in '95.

edit: it should also be noted that teams that weren't good didn't sell out close to 15k, for the most part, in the mid 90s.

How worried is knicksage about the possibility of not being in the playoffs?

If you lose tonight, MIL play the bobtanks tomorrow and MIL has the season series at 2-1.

Turbulent times.

Gabyskra

Banned
Shumpert is taking out every player one game at a time. First David West now Turkoglu. Shump bringing that Knicks swag back

That's my point. Knicks fans had to root for Eddy Curry. Bulls fans could only be enthusiastic about Kukoc. Celtics fans had Dee Brown. And attendance numbers didn't go down that drastically.

Bullshit!

http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=CHI&lg=n

Bulls dropped more than the Lakers post-Jordan.
http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=NYK&lg=n

Knicks didn't do shit in the 80s at MSG and the attendance was awful. When the team was good, it was good. Knicks in the 00s stayed high, but the NBA in the 2000s is faaaaar more popular than it ever has been (in terms of # of people that go to games). And it also had a slight dip when they sucked.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How worried is knicksage about the possibility of not being in the playoffs?

If you lose tonight, MIL play the bobtanks tomorrow and MIL has the season series at 2-1.

Turbulent times.

But the Bobcats beat Milwaukee already. They can do it again.

Right?

I've already bet 100 bucks on the Bobcats beating the Knicks at the end of the season.

Vahagn

That's my point. Knicks fans had to root for Eddy Curry. Bulls fans could only be enthusiastic about Kukoc. Celtics fans had Dee Brown. And attendance numbers didn't go down that drastically.

You're whining about a 2 year period of time after an earthquake...and you said Knicks Fans? Dude really? Your fans chanted MVP for opposing players in the Garden. By everyone's own admission...most people weren't interested in the Knicks until after Amar'e signed and that created interest and buzz

You're still missing the point that the Lakers numbers in the mid 90's were equal to the numbers in the mid 80's when we were winning chips. You don't live in LA...you have no clue what you're talking about. Particularly in comparing it to the Clips. People in LA could get FREE clips tickets a million different ways and no one cared...even the ones that had the tickets wouldn't use them 80% of the time.

it took that long to call a foul against howard?

dude angry swatted harrellson like 8 times before the foul was called

just got home. are both teams shooting poorly? 3 minutes until the end of the quarter and no one has broken past 20

also, fucking bullshit technical earlier

Top Bottom