• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Holy crap. Really hope this rumor takes off in MSM and the Magic deal Dwight anyway to the Lakers in the offseason. He'd deserve it.

cmonson.gif

Barrage

DMC on Blake waiting for Saturday's game in L.A.: “He's in L.A. where actors belong. He’s an actor so of course he would say that.”

DMC on his fifth foul on Griffin: “I guess the wind from my hand hit him in the eye,” “And I guess he got fouled by the wind. I’m not sure."

DMC is quickly becoming one of my favourite players in the league. If Stern was smart, he'd rig Sacramento to get the #1 pick this summer. A Davis/DMC frontcourt will keep the Kings in Sacramento for the next 15 years.

Also I don't quite buy that story. He could've just gotten traded to LA, use his ETO and join Deron in the summer, thereby getting what he wanted. Instead he opted in and greatly upped the chances that Deron just goes to Dallas.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also I don't quite buy that story. He could've just gotten traded to LA, use his ETO and join Deron in the summer; thereby getting what he wanted. Instead he opted in and greatly upped the chances that Deron just goes to Dallas.

Dwight didn't want to be known as the Supervillain. If he did that to LA he'd be one of the most hated men in America.

Also I don't quite buy that story. He could've just gotten traded to LA, use his ETO and join Deron in the summer, thereby getting what he wanted. Instead he opted in and greatly upped the chances that Deron just goes to Dallas.
The guy who has demanded his coach be fired for a year then smiling and hugging for cameras with him while trying to create a us vs the media bullshit dialogue didn't go about his business in a direct and honest fashion?

I am shocked.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dwight didn't want to be known as the Supervillain. If he did that to LA he'd be one of the most hated men in America.

That's about the only reason I can think of if that story is true. Dwight didn't want to look like a asshole for opting out after only being with the team for half a season. Damn Dwight really needs to accept that he's a heel. He's turned into Cena, refusing to embrace the hate :p.

This whole Dwight thing makes me confused as to who to root for.

The Spurs will be irrelevant once Timmy and Manu retire (i think? Pop 2gud), so I'd like to at least be able to cheer for some of the stars of the new generation. Ask me a couple years ago who I'd like to pick up the mantle of the previous generation and I'd have said Dwight. Now I'm not so sure. Lebreezy is never winning, Durant's team is unlikable, Blakes a bitch...

K-Love and Rubio future? I want to believe...

This whole Dwight thing makes me confused as to who to root for.

The Spurs will be irrelevant once Timmy and Manu retire (i think? Pop 2gud), so I'd like to at least be able to cheer for some of the stars of the new generation. Ask me a couple years ago who I'd like to pick up the mantle of the previous generation and I'd have said Dwight. Now I'm not so sure. Lebreezy is never winning, Durant's team is unlikable, Blakes a bitch...

K-Love and Rubio future? I want to believe...

Why not cheer for the spurs

Why not cheer for the spurs

Well no shit. Of course I will.

I'm just trying to decide which of these young stars I'd rather win if the Spurs can't.

OKC's remaining schedule:
ScreenShot2012-04-06at95449AM.png

I've got us going 10-2.

San Antonio's remaining schedule:
ScreenShot2012-04-06at95513AM.png

Spurs lose 4 at the absolute most, them going 12-2 seems more likely at this point.

It's gonna come down to the wire. The 1 seed is much more important for OKC than it is for SA.

The only way I see the Spurs pushing super-hard to get the 1 seed is if Memphis moves up to the #3. The Spurs definitely want to avoid the Grizz.

12-2 would be gooooddlllyyyy

You know why?

(hint: we have 38 wins right now)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
Let the speculation begin about Isiah Thomas coming back to run the #Knicks. Florida International says Isiah relieved of coaching duties.

Heheeh

ehehehehehe
heheheheheheeeeeee

KingGondo

Banned
12-2 would be gooooddlllyyyy

You know why?

(hint: we have 38 wins right now)
At this point, I'm solely concerned about avoiding SA as long as possible.

An ideal scenario is that Memphis ends up at #3 and plays the Spurs in the second round. Even if the Spurs prevail, it'll be a tough series.

I like OKC's odds against anyone *except* San Antonio. With HCA, I think we win it in 7.

Thank god Timmay is on the backside of his career and our roster is still young.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So, the Thunder are last in assists. I was curious, has a team that ever finished last in assists ever won a championship? I only looked back as far as '99.

Season | First | Last | Champ (Ast Rank)
2011: Rockets | Bucks | Mavericks (2nd)
2010: Jazz | Nets | Lakers (15th)
2009: Jazz | Grizzlies | Lakers (2nd)
2008: Suns | Knicks | Celtics (9th)
2007: Suns | Blazers | Spurs (11th)
2006: Suns | Knicks | Heat (17th)
2005: Kings | Sonics | Spurs (14th)
2004: Kings | Wizards | Pistons (15th)
2003: Jazz | Heat | Spurs (22nd)
2002: Jazz | Rockets | Lakers (9th)
2001: Jazz | Knicks | Lakers (9th)
2000: Timberwolves | Clippers | Lakers (10th)
1999: Suns | Hawks | Spurs (6th)

Nothing definitive either way. The only concrete thing I could garner from this is that the team last in assists is a bottom dweller. Really surprising to see the Thunder dead-last or near the bottom. Is that a precursor to anything? Maybe not, but the inability to share the ball could do them in.

I'll gladly take OKC's version of "not winning shit" over Portland's.

Enjoy your regular season championships.

At this point, I'm solely concerned about avoiding SA as long as possible.

An ideal scenario is that Memphis ends up at #3 and plays the Spurs in the second round. Even if the Spurs prevail, it'll be a tough series.

I like OKC's odds against anyone *except* San Antonio. With HCA, I think we win it in 7.

Thank god Timmay is on the backside of his career and our roster is still young.

Honestly dude, I think we'd beat ya'll either way. I don't think HCA makes much of a difference; all I care about is health. Pop has figured out OKC so thoroughly its scary. Our roster is like the perfect counter for yours...

MEM is the wrench in the puzzle. I think if we play well, we'll beat them but damn it will be tough. Especially in a 2nd round series with back-to-backs.

Its the same for you guys though. If you face MEM instead of us, your chances go down dramatically. What side of the bracket they land is as important as HCA..

Top Bottom