• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its odd... I still think the Spurs will end up going 7 against Memphis if they're lucky - but I'd take them over anyone else in the West in a heartbeat.

DY_nasty

Even the Lakers would beat the Spurs.

Anyone who's gonna beat the Spurs is gonna need to be able to play good, consistent ball for all 4 quarters... LA is not that team. Memphis would kill the Spurs. OKC has a chance. LA? Not a chance in hell. Popovich vs Mike Brown? I'd bet all my yens

KingGondo

Banned
Honestly dude, I think we'd beat ya'll either way. I don't think HCA makes much of a difference; all I care about is health. Pop has figured out OKC so thoroughly its scary. Our roster is like the perfect counter for yours...

MEM is the wrench in the puzzle. I think if we play well, we'll beat them but damn it will be tough. Especially in a 2nd round series with back-to-backs.

Its the same for you guys though. If you face MEM instead of us, your chances go down dramatically. What side of the bracket they land is as important as HCA..
The Spurs' biggest incentive for pushing for the #1 is to give them the option of "resting" (read: tanking) the last 3-4 games if Memphis ends up with the #4 seed, so they can fall to #2 and avoid Memphis until the WCF.

Memphis is a tough team, but OKC matches up better with them than San Antonio. They're definitely scary though.

Should be an exciting playoffs whatever happens. I'd be rooting for whoever comes out of the West between OKC, SA, or Memphis.

Anyone who's gonna beat the Spurs is gonna need to be able to play good, consistent ball for all 4 quarters... LA is not that team. Memphis would kill the Spurs. OKC has a chance. LA? Not a chance in hell. Popovich vs Mike Brown? I'd bet all my yens

That's actually the only part of that match-up that worries me.
Pops is MW3, COTY Mike Brown is an indie FPS.

Player-wise, not worried at all. Artest and Cap. Jack tussles would be comedy-gold.

No fucking way the Lakers would have ever considered dealing Bynum without an extension from Dwight signed.

Horseshit story is horseshit.

Needed to be said. No way he was coming here without an extension.
The whole situation is some stupid shit though--sign right now or else we trade you to LA?

He'd have been hated in ORL, and that would subside after his 2nd ring.

DY_nasty

That's actually the only part of that match-up that worries me.
Pops is MW3, COTY Mike Brown is an indie FPS.

Player-wise, not worried at all. Artest and Cap. Jack tussles would be comedy-gold.

#cantwait

but fuck it.... any bets LA-age?

snack

Even the Lakers would beat the Spurs.

KFn8Q.gif

Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider)
4/6/12 10:31 PM
Orlando Sentinel BREAKING: Magic small forward Hedo Turkoglu tells Sentinel he might need surgery to repair fractures in right cheek bone.

Knicks thuggery

Metal Gear Zeke is coming for you guys

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
From last summer, but still apropos:

Walsh, they said, wanted to stay, but only with ironclad assurances that he could work without interference from Dolan and his advisers, including Isiah Thomas, a former team president. When Dolan balked, Walsh decided it was time to go, said the friends and associates, who asked for anonymity while discussing private conversations.
According to two people with close ties to the team, Walsh wanted the chance to hire and groom his successor, but Dolan rejected Walsh’s list of candidates, which included Mark Jackson, a former Knicks guard. Dolan had previously vetoed Walsh’s attempt to hire Chris Mullin, a former Golden State general manager. According to the same person, Dolan also wanted Walsh take a 40 percent pay cut — a request Walsh considered an affront, but not a deal-breaker.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/04/s...urnaround-unfinished.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Welcome back, Isiah!

Gotta say, Cousins is the man.

Blake is the most babied player in the NBA right now. More so then Kobe or Lebron.

He is the man because he said something you happen to agree with? How about his play or locker room demeanor? :)

The NBA should baby Blake's free throw shooting somehow.

He did elbow Pau in the face though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
He is the man because he said something you happen to agree with? How about his play or locker room demeanor? :)

The NBA should baby Blake's free throw shooting somehow.

He did elbow Pau in the face though.

26.4 points and 12.2 rebounds in the previous nine games. He's a pretty good big man. If anything this makes me actually semi-interested in watching the game on Saturday.

T Dollarz

I don't post in here enough considering how big of an NBA fan I am, but here's my scenario:

Assuming these are the 4 teams in the western semis (Grizzlies, Spurs, Thunder, Lakers), who do you like depending on possible matchups? This is what I've been thinking about since the trade deadline.

heheehhehhehehe
Why is this funny? All he is right now is a consultant, he doesn't work for the Knicks at all. Plus he said over a month ago he'd look into NBA stuff once he felt better. I dunno why-

ah, the ol' Isiah Thomas gag. He ain't coming back, people apparently forgot about David Stern.

26.4 points and 12.2 rebounds in the previous nine games. He's a pretty good big man. If anything this makes me actually semi-interested in watching the game on Saturday.

Yes, he is a fine young man. Never said other wise.

That particular game, I thought he was gonna punch Blake, lol.

Blake flops, we all know that. Is that the babied thing he is talking about, or all his commercials? There is alot of flopping in the NBA. We should get rid of it all!!!

I don't post in here enough considering how big of an NBA fan I am, but here's my scenario:

Assuming these are the 4 teams in the western semis (Grizzlies, Spurs, Thunder, Lakers), who do you like depending on possible matchups? This is what I've been thinking about since the trade deadline.

Thunder can beat them all...easy.

SamuraiX-

DMC on Blake waiting for Saturday's game in L.A.: “He's in L.A. where actors belong. He’s an actor so of course he would say that.”
DMC on his fifth foul on Griffin: “I guess the wind from my hand hit him in the eye,” “And I guess he got fouled by the wind. I’m not sure."

GOT DAYUM now that's how it's done.

Despite DMC being the pot to BitchGriff's kettle. Cousins has been absolutely floptastic this season. I understand he's learning the game and that a little flopping is almost mandatory if you're a big man and you wanna draw fouls in the NBA, but he's getting way too comfortable with it for my tastes.

Top Bottom