• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
That was insane to take Kobe out at that point. Yeah, he hadn't rested but you are embarrassing him on national tv and surrendering any chance to win the game. Idiotic

Spurs 3 games behind the Thunder and 4 ahead of the Lakers. And we play the Lakers 3 times. Looks like the Thunder are going to be the one seed. Should be interesting to see who gets the 2 seed.

Ron had been missing so many wide open 3s so I'm guessing he was thinking Blake would be better. Why not just play Barnes more though?

Ron was +7, highest on the team. The Lakers starters, as a unit, did fine.

He had more boards than Drew and contained Rudy (only 18). Yeah, I wish he hit another shot or two, but he didn't cost the game.

Barnes being on the bench for Blake-Ramon was stupid.

Sessions needs to come off the bench. You ready to admit it?

That was insane to take Kobe out at that point. Yeah, he hadn't rested but you are embarrassing him on national tv and surrendering any chance to win the game. Idiotic

As if Kobe cares

Mothman91

Kobe played the whole 3rd and some of the 4th in the beginning right?

Brown is slowly killing Kobe before playoffs...same with his bigs too.

wait, what? Three games behind the Thunder and you think its a lock that you get the one seed?

He said the Thunder will be #1 and Spurs/Lakers fighting for 2 with 3 games against one another.

First Sunday Lakers game at 7:30pm since 1993. lol Lakers thought game ended when 4th started

masud

Banned
Jared Jeffries out for two weeks. That's gonna hurt. No really.

6a00e55008808688330120a8623ada970b-800wi

Emwitus

Ron was +7, highest on the team. The Lakers starters, as a unit, did fine.

He had more boards than Drew and contained Rudy (only 18). Yeah, I wish he hit another shot or two, but he didn't cost the game.

Barnes being on the bench for Blake-Ramon was stupid.

Sessions needs to come off the bench. You ready to admit it?

As if Kobe cares

Moving sessions of the bench to start just for the sake of starting was the worst idea ever. And bench Blake for Morris. YES, i said it.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I hate losses like this. Too many players missing good looks. There is nothing more aggravating to watch then that. ugh

We used to have an advantage on defense and Home Court. Remember that? It didn't seem like it was too long ago...

I think the real crux of our problems right now is our bench production. It's pretty much nonexistent. The bench wont magically get better over time either. They are who they are. We got away with that shit in our last Championship runs because Kobe and Pau were next to unstoppable. Now, not so much...

Dumbfuck doesn't know how to manage his players.
Dumbfuck

Brown is a huge down grade from Phil, but everyone knew that. It's one of the reasons I thik the Spurs will do well against the Lakers in the 3 games coming up. Now that Pop has JAAAAXXXXXX and Diaw (not a savior, but Pop can do a lot of things with the 5 bigs he has now) we're pretty versatile. We can throw Leonard, Green, Jaaxxxx, and Manu against Kobe now.

let's mourn together lakers age

chris bosh can't rebound
lebron's elbow is going to blow up in the first round
wade is going to get his legs swept

we're all fucked

How can you argue the Lakers look worse? Their PD was higher coming into this game post-sessions against better SOS than season.

That's 5 awful games in a row for Blake. As soon as he omes in you can expect a minus from the team. Brown needs to sit his ass dow for couple of games to show him that's not acceptable.

he's passable with the starters. Pau/Drew frontcourt can cover for him and he can get spot up shots.

On the bench, though. ugh.

Moving sessions of the bench was the worst idea ever. And bench Blake for Morris. YES, i said it.

Morris was terrible. At least maybe glock, but lakers would be fine if Blake started.

He's a spot up shooter. Let him play in that role.

Emwitus

I hate losses like this. Too many players missing good looks. There is nothing more aggravating to watch then that. ugh

We used to have an advantage on defense and Home Court. Remember that? It didn't seem like it was too long ago...

I think the real crux of our problems right now is our bench production. It's pretty much nonexistent. The bench wont magically get better over time either. They are who they are. We got away with that shit in our last Championship runs because Kobe and Pau were next to unstoppable. Now, not so much...

Move sessions to the bench, Play jordan hill more to let him get a feel for the team, Unchain goudelock, Bench Blake indefinately and move morris in his place(He obviously can't be any worse and atleast his athletic)

Emwitus

How can you argue the Lakers look worse? Their PD was higher coming into this game post-sessions against better SOS than season.

he's passable with the starters. Pau/Drew frontcourt can cover for him and he can get spot up shots.

On the bench, though. ugh.

Morris was terrible. At least maybe glock, but lakers would be fine if Blake started.

He's a spot up shooter. Let him play in that role.

So is blake. And atleast morris is athletic.

The Lakers have one of the worst benches in NBA basketball. Mike Brown is a mediocre coach, but not even a great coach could work wonders with this team.

If Ramon is going to start, then either Blake needs to come earlier or Kobe needs to sit earlier.

Sit Kobe at the 6 min mark, bring him in for the whole 2nd and 4th.

So is blake. And atleast morris is athletic.

I don't think Morris is ready.

Glock needs to be the 2 off the bench.

Ramon-Glock-Barnes-McBobs-Bynum should be the 2nd unit. I don't understand why it's not.

No more Murphy. No more Kobe playing entire halves. No more of this bullshit.

Anyway, Mad Men season premier time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom