• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
Gerald Wallace should come to the Kings next year. The fans here would shower him with love. He was always the one that got away. Plus, think of all the missed shots he could put-back dunk.

J2 Cool

The Bulls' plan is clearly to let Gibson go in favor of Mirotic, but it's going to be tough to see him go.

That would be moronic. There's no reason you don't amnesty Boozer over getting rid of Taj, if it comes down to it. They're not as good of a team without Boozer, but they can find another PF if things work out. As Boozer ages, they'll regret the lack of flexibility he gives them with the cap. Maybe an actual #2. Not to mention that Taj will be better soon enough. They already take Boozer out at the end of games.

Sidenote: What's up with Indiana as a team? I always like their roster more than I like their team. All the pickups are/were smart. Collison was loved by Hornets fans filling in for Paul, West was this underrated effective player, George Hill adored in San Antonio for his short stint. All of them are averaging below career totals. I guess there's only so much ball to go around, but you would expect a pecking order would get established at some point. They're like a collection of talent and disappointment for me. The only ones seemingly growing as players are their own guys, George and Hibbert (not as good as hoped still). Granger also shouldn't be their leading score shooting below 40%.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That would be moronic. There's no reason you don't amnesty Boozer over getting rid of Taj, if it comes down to it. They're not as good of a team without Boozer, but they can find another PF if things work out. As Boozer ages, they'll regret the lack of flexibility he gives them with the cap. Maybe an actual #2. Not to mention that Taj will be better soon enough. They already take Boozer out at the end of games.

Sidenote: What's up with Indiana as a team? I always like their roster more than I like their team. All the pickups are/were smart. Collison was loved by Hornets fans filling in for Paul, West was this underrated effective player, George Hill adored in San Antonio for his short stint. All of them are averaging below career totals. I guess there's only so much ball to go around, but you would expect a pecking order would get established at some point. They're like a collection of talent and disappointment for me. The only ones seemingly growing as players are their own guys, George and Hibbert (not as good as hoped still). Granger also shouldn't be their leading score shooting below 40%.
They're not amnestying a guy making 15-16 mil a year over the next 3 years. A team is going to pay Taj big bucks, and the Bulls won't match it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Between Davis, Drummond, and Sullinger, one of the three will probably be amazing and worth a top five pick. Good luck to those teams that choose.. poorly.

Where are the point guards in this draft?

SamuraiX-

Is Gilchrist really projected #2?? Ughhhh, please let us get #1!

Gilchrist is actually good.

Just pray you're not the team that has no choice but to draft Drummond, Sullinger, or Barnes.

This draft will easily be worse than last year's.

Shaping up to be the worst draft since 2000.

Gilchrist is actually good.

Just pray you're not the team that has no choice but to draft Drummond, Sullinger, or Barnes.

This draft will easily be worse than last year's.

Shaping up to be the worst draft since 2000.
Crazy, you'd think the lockout would have made it loaded

fuck your couch

hUPeh.png

Rewatching the Knicks game, hilarious watching Lin get whacked by Hill/George/Amundson/Hibbert/Jones and Lin slowly getting angrier. I like angry Lin, however it seems to turn him into quite the ballstopper.
My Knick meltdown post should have been in the op but whatevs.
I'm getting tired of your constant meltdowns. You're in danger of being benched and Syphon Filter will get your minutes.

Always nice to see my Mavs beat the Spurs. Damn, they seemed extra floppy tonight, too. The addition of Jackson will just take their flopnicity to a whole new level. If they meet in the playoffs it will be interesting to see how the refs handle Dirk vs Jackson. Tonight they seemed to allow Dirk to be physical at some times but then not at all on others.

Duki

Banned
Always nice to see my Mavs beat the Spurs. Damn, they seemed extra floppy tonight, too. The addition of Jackson will just take their flopnicity to a whole new level. If they meet in the playoffs it will be interesting to see how the refs handle Dirk vs Jackson. Tonight they seemed to allow Dirk to be physical at some times but then not at all on others.

hi who r u

Duki

Banned
My team beat the team of that bum in your avatar last season for the Larry O'Brien Trophy, which is awarded to the champion of the National Basketball Association.

not lbgreats fault the refs gave the mavs every single ridiculous fake call throughout the series

Pkaz01

Saw it tonight also and I agree with mama shit was hilarious. Really surprised too that they hill and tatum worked so well together. I thought shit was going to be awkward but they pull it off.

all i knew about the movie was that it was based off of a show I have never even seen or heard about.

Gabyskra

Banned
I melt down because I care, come on Frank you know you wanna join the darkside too.

Remember how Branduil didn't even enjoy his championship? Going as you are, you might not even get some pleasure from the Knicks being one of the top 10 teams in the East.

I'm late to this but the Mavs beat the spurs? How?

b2b. Only way it could happen. >:)

Seriously, Mavs played really well, plus Tony was out of gas and right now the Spurs go as far as he goes. But at least they won the game that mattered the most IMO, against OKC. Jax did show a few flashes of how he will contribute to the team in much more important ways than Jefferson.

methodman

Banned
dat jump out of the gym ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln3fBnFrjGw

dat "Haywood" "Rookie" "Won't block another shot in his career"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRY7w3XmDnE

biedrins really did get shitted on tho, lol.

1) cant believe we traded for richard jefferson guy might be worse then andris biedrins, and i've been saying biedrins is the worst player in the nba for his contract this season. RJ went 2-14 in his first ever game for the warriors... no clue why we traded sjax for him.

2) im glad we lost that game, our pick is top 7 protected (Jazz have the pick) so we need to tank hard to get in the draft lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Quoting cause it deserves to be mentioned again.

AND he had like 2.5 years in portland and left with both knees!

Andre is an iron man for sure.. But damn if his game is just so boring, always has been..

Gabyskra

Banned
b2b. Only way it could happen. >:)

Seriously, Mavs played really well, plus Tony was out of gas and right now the Spurs go as far as he goes. But at least they won the game that mattered the most IMO, against OKC. Jax did show a few flashes of how he will contribute to the team in much more important ways than Jefferson.

It's crazy how high the bar has been raised for Tony now. Not saying I disagree, but we're disappointed when he delivers 13/11...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom