• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bandwagon knicks fans upset over w/l streaks lol
I was out yesterday and overheard some bandwagon fans talking about once Knicks trade Carmelo they can build about Lin and win a championship...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saiyan.gif

Who the heck are you?

I don't think you've seen me post around here long enough to know that I wax hyperbolic when it comes to this team sometimes.

And Raging, why you gotta be like that? I thot we wuz kool.

You've been gone for a while, but I've been posting a decent amount this season. I'm still mostly a lurker in any topic, but I still post enough I think for some to recognize me. I moved to LA from Arkansas just over 3 years ago and became a Clippers fan 2 years ago, mostly because I can't stand the Lakers and because I actually think the Clippers seem like decent people. I was very happy that Paul came over, because he seems like one of the genuinely nicest guys in the league and just a good guy overall. I've also liked Chauncey Billups for a while, so this year I became a lot more interested in the Clippers. The only pro team for any sport of which I can consider myself a life-long fan is the Denver Broncos, as I used to live there when I was really young. I kind of pull for the Nuggets too, but nobody cared about them back in the 80s, so I never had a chance to develop an affiliation. This is the first time in my adult life that I've strongly pulled for a local pro team, so it's a new experience for me.

SamuraiX-

Faux City is so bad. Frobe Swag will help, but not much. Bust Griffin has totally regressed (sophomore slump), CP3 has no knees, **** is what he is, DJ is a waste of space, Bustloler is old, and don't get me started on Vinny Del Mehgro.

Ugh. 1st round exit, BG will get a max contract and won't live up to his hype, and VDN will be extended for 5 more years (for taking the team to the playoffs for the first time in like 6 years). We don't even have a first-round draft pick this year, so I can't even look forward to the lotto.

At least baseball is right around the corner.

Oh, Adam. I'm so sorry...

But it's not that bad, man. It should never have to come to that...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You saying the Bulls are just a 1 man team?

Huh, nobody ever says that about them the same way people say Orlando is a 1 man team.

And I guess Miami really sucks then.
What? The Magic already beat the Bulls earlier with Rose, and no one shut up. Now, if they beat a Rose less Bulls, it's supposed to mean something? Point is, the Magic have to prove that their play style can win in the playoffs. Now, I'm not saying they can't beat the Bulls, especially with all of the Bulls' injuries, but it won't change much of the talk in the Regular Season.

Sam Smith is saying Rose may be out for a few more weeks.

I have mixed feelings about this but I hope everyone is healthy for the playoffs. (looking at you Rip)

You saying the Bulls are just a 1 man team?

Huh, nobody ever says that about them the same way people say Orlando is a 1 man team.

And I guess Miami really sucks then.

No one is ever going to talk about Orlando seriously. Just Dwight.

And of course the Bulls aren't a one man team, Boozer's been healthy all year.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I have mixed feelings about this but I hope everyone is healthy for the playoffs. (looking at you Rip)

No one is ever going to talk about Orlando seriously. Just Dwight.

And of course the Bulls aren't a one man team, Boozer's been healthy all year.
My man. You make the Boozer Defense Force proud Bay.

Puddles

Banned
I was so Irish yesterday. Ugh.

I tried to be Irish yesterday. I went down to Casey's Irish Pub in downtown LA, and they were closing the place down at 10:30. That was lamer than Amare going for an offensive board.

I ended up going to a German pub in Silverlake, but they were running St. Patty's day specials anyway. And the bartender gave me a free Jameson's shot on account of my birthday.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @ChrisBHaynes: On to a serious note, you all know how hard it is finding a black barbershop in OKC?

jman2050

What? The Magic already beat the Bulls earlier with Rose, and no one shut up. Now, if they beat a Rose less Bulls, it's supposed to mean something? Point is, the Magic have to prove that their play style can win in the playoffs. Now, I'm not saying they can't beat the Bulls, especially with all of the Bulls' injuries, but it won't change much of the talk in the Regular Season.

But the Magic already did that in 2009.

What, it doesn't count because they lost in the Finals? Get that shit outta here.

Branduil

Magic might have won in 09 if Courtney Lee could make layups, Dwight could shoot free throws, and Jameer Nelson could remember that Derek Fisher shoots threes.

Vahagn

The heat are the favorites followed by the bulls. But the magic have a realistic chance of beating both teams because:

1) never underestimate lebron's power to quit on his team. Can literally happen anytime (happened against Boston in the semi's)

2) if the magic shoot 38-40 % from 3 they can beat anyone.

I'm not saying its likely, but it's possible. The east is a 3 team race

The heat are the favorites followed by the bulls. But the magic have a realistic chance of beating both teams because:

1) never underestimate lebron's power to quit on his team. Can literally happen anytime (happened against Boston in the semi's)

NBA -Gaf where shooting 40% from three against the best defenses in leauge is a realistic possibility for 4-7 games.

jman2050

Wth did they prove by beating the Cavs and barely skating by a KG less Celtics?

Considering that the Bulls aren't nearly as good as either of those teams and the Heat have their own matchup problems, that the style can win you playoff series and keep you in contention for a title.

OKC is followed by heat to win it.

Red Blaster said:
remember that time you literally defended the Heat retiring Michael Jordan's jersey
Remember when you actually posted on topic?
Considering that the Bulls aren't nearly as good as either of those teams and the Heat have their own matchup problems, that the style can win you playoff series and keep you in contention for a title.

That style will get you virtually swept by the C's/Hawks in the first/second round again.

Also Bulls are automatically better than that cavs team based on purely the idea that Mo Williams isn't their number 2 option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom