• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You literally watched Lebron quit and the Mavs light you up from 3 in June - how are u being so iamshadowlark right now
Its the Magic lol. He put up like 40 a game on them last series. There is no way in hell this Magic team will get anywhere in the playoffs against a legit team barring a 09 like spurt of luck. The fact that you act like its realistic makes you look like a dumbass.

Dude, you're trying too hard.

At what, being logical?

Something something rules and exceptions

NBA -Gaf where shooting 40% from three against the best defenses in leauge is a realistic possibility for 4-7 games.

Heat are near the bottom of the league in 3 point defense.

Orlando is top 3 in 3 point offense.

It's a match up problem for the Heat. And real. Plus, Dwight is generally a problem too.

20120317_123342_DS17LAKE_500.jpg

"...And 2nd, you fuck his bitch. 3rd, not alot of dudes know this part, but you put your finger next to their noses after. Got it Lamar, I mean Fish, I mean Rayman?"

This is just weird:

scaled.php

And part 3 of the Moris mega post

Supposedly LO didn't demand a trade from LA

RealGM said:
Lamar Odom claims he never demanded or requested a trade from the Lakers.

“Everybody knows that,” Odom said. “It was something that they were willing to get done no matter what. I think it is OK for them to admit that.”

Odom has underachieved since being traded to the Mavericks in December, averaging 7.2 points and 4.4 rebounds while shooting 35.1 percent.

He sought a buyout last month.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ver_Requested_Trade_From_Lakers#ixzz1pVD5aKkt

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Lamar is still talking about this? Damn dude, get over it! You were lucky enough to spend your whole career in one city, be happy it lasted that long.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

It's a match up problem for the Heat. And real. Plus, Dwight is generally a problem too.

Yep, Dwight has averaged 21.3 rebounds per game, including 2 20/20 nights, in the 3 games against Miami this season (for the record Orlando is 2-1).

And if the season ended today they'd be playing each other in the 2nd round.

shadowlark, since the heat are now in the business of retiring other player's jerseys approx when do you think Derek Fisher's number is going up in the American Airlines Arena rafters?

Yep, Dwight has averaged 21.3 rebounds per game, including 2 20/20 nights, in the 3 games against Miami this season (for the record Orlando is 2-1).

Exactly. Dwight is an athletic freak as we all know. Miami's centers are Joel Anthony and Eddy McCurry.

The heat have shit for offense with Cs. This allows dwight to roam on defense, which is his strength, and shut down the lane for Wade/Bron. If this forces the Heat to play a mostly perimeter game, their offense is hurt.

Orlando's offense just needs to not turn it over (prevent run outs) and hit their open 3s. if they do that, I really think they can beat the Heat. I don't know if they can beat Chicago (assuming healthy). I think the heat desperately want to avoid Orlando.

And if the series goes long, who knows what happens to Lebron. He's a frontrunner in the purest sense. If they're down 2-1 in a series, wouldn't be shocked if he checks out.

J2 Cool

Shit, they can't all be an ironman like Boozer.

BTW, I thought they had a slight chance if healthy, but I knew there was no chance that they would be healthy. Rose's play style will lead to frequent nagging injuries, if his shooting doesn't improve, and he doesn't start acting like a real point guard. Relying on 150 pound Rip Hamilton is dumb. Deng got lucky last year, but we knew the minutes would get him, and now there is no way he'll be healthy in the playoffs, and it's killed his game. Taj will be gone after next year, and Noah is playing well, but that's it. This team is just not designed to have everyone playing well and healthy at the same time.

Such a defeatist attitude. Jesus. Rose will be game before the playoffs, believe me. Rip is bizarre, but its just a shoulder at this point. I think he'll be back, but I don't know if he'll play well or gel with the team before the playoffs. It would be huge if he did. The Taj contract thing is a non-issue at this point, I don't even know why you bring it up other than to be a wet blanket. Deng's dealing with a lot, but it's not even his shooting wrist that's hurt. Kobe's doing just fine over in LA, you don't hear their fans complaining even after a broken nose. We're not going to be pristine going into the playoffs, but who is in the league? Seems like a typical Chicago fan overreaction here.

Exactly. Dwight is an athletic freak as we all know. Miami's centers are Joel Anthony and Eddy McCurry.

The heat have shit for offense with Cs. This allows dwight to roam on defense, which is his strength, and shut down the lane for Wade/Bron. If this forces the Heat to play a mostly perimeter game, their offense is hurt.

Orlando's offense just needs to not turn it over (prevent run outs) and hit their open 3s. if they do that, I really think they can beat the Heat. I don't know if they can beat Chicago (assuming healthy). I think the heat desperately want to avoid Orlando.

And if the series goes long, who knows what happens to Lebron. He's a frontrunner in the purest sense. If they're down 2-1 in a series, wouldn't be shocked if he checks out.
ORL in the finals or even the ecf would be lulz.

As someone pointed out in last year's playoffs thread regular season matchups actually do matter and "lol regular season means nothing" is mostly bs.

I think 6 or so of the 8 first round series were won by whoever won the season series. I didn't search any further but obviously the 1st round has the most lopsided match ups. If someone wanted to do the research and check all of last year's matchups I'd appreciate it.

Thats more of a result of our increased emphasis on low-post D and going for steals. Also take in the fact that this is the regular season where you have minimum time to actually plan for defense and you get shit on by certain teams.

Playoffs where you can actually plan and adjust on D is a whole nother story, as shown by those LBJ Cavs teams and the Magic. Magic will probably get eliminated by BOS/ATL again, but if we face em I guarantee that our D will adjust.

shadowlark, since the heat are now in the business of retiring other player's jerseys approx when do you think Derek Fisher's number is going up in the American Airlines Arena rafters?

It'll probably be in about ten years, when ORL still won't have a chip.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Such a defeatist attitude. Jesus. Rose will be game before the playoffs, believe me. Rip is bizarre, but its just a shoulder at this point. I think he'll be back, but I don't know if he'll play well or gel with the team before the playoffs. It would be huge if he did. The Taj contract thing is a non-issue at this point, I don't even know why you bring it up other than to be a wet blanket. Deng's dealing with a lot, but it's not even his shooting wrist that's hurt. Kobe's doing just fine over in LA, you don't hear their fans complaining even after a broken nose. We're not going to be pristine going into the playoffs, but who is in the league? Seems like a typical Chicago fan overreaction here.
So, Deng just sucks now? Nothing to do with his wrist? I'm not trying to be down, but to win a title, the team they have to get past they have to be in pristine health to win, and Miami's health seems to be just fine. Rip is crucial, because he needs to take pressure off of Rose, especially if Deng can't do that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Deng couldn't step up when he was healthy. A bad wrist doesn't make you run from the ball.

So, Deng just sucks now? Nothing to do with his wrist? I'm not trying to be down, but to win a title, the team they have to get past they have to be in pristine health to win, and Miami's health seems to be just fine. Rip is crucial, because he needs to take pressure off of Rose, especially if Deng can't do that.

Rip needs to shoot more than think pass-first in the playoffs.

He's a great passer(maybe the most consistent one on the team) but they need him to be aggressive and get some offense going.

I always thought Luol was the stabilizing force when the offense was breaking down(Boozer is too inconsistent for me to call him that) but Deng just lost his shooting touch. It's odd because he has hit some big shots when they count the most but some of his misses are really bad and that's not like him.

giri

Thats more of a result of our increased emphasis on low-post D and going for steals. Also take in the fact that this is the regular season where you have minimum time to actually plan for defense and you get shit on by certain teams.

Playoffs where you can actually plan and adjust on D is a whole nother story, as shown by those LBJ Cavs teams and the Magic. Magic will probably get eliminated by BOS/ATL again, but if we face em I guarantee that our D will adjust.

It'll probably be in about ten years, when ORL still won't have a chip.

You can say you'll adjust all you'll like. The fact of the moment is that the current Heat Defensive schemes (the ones you've used all year)are almost perfectly countered with the Orlanda Offensive Schemes (as flawed as they are).

It's not out landish to say that Orlando could cause a serious upset in that series. I doubt it happens, but that series is a lot closer to 50/50 than Heat would like to admit.

It's the same way that if Orlando play Chicago, it's probably a sweep for Chicago. They do play the perimiter well, and do have the bodies to keep on dwight that could shut orlando's offense down.

You can say you'll adjust all you'll like. The fact of the moment is that the current Heat Defensive schemes (the ones you've used all year)are almost perfectly countered with the Orlanda Offensive Schemes (as flawed as they are).

It's not out landish to say that Orlando could cause a serious upset in that series. I doubt it happens, but that series is a lot closer to 50/50 than Heat would like to admit.

It's the same way that if Orlando play Chicago, it's probably a sweep for Chicago. They do play the perimiter well, and do have the bodies to keep on dwight that could shut orlando's offense down.

Its honestly not close at all but whatever, bring them on.

Holy shit for two weeks Magic Johnson said he had "flulike symptoms" and sat out while he and his wife were waiting for his HIV re-test? I don't remember that, but yikes the horror he had to be going through in his mind sitting on the bench or at Lakers practice.

Generally speaking, defensive problems during the regular season tend to duplicate in the postseason. Which is why matchups do matter.

But please, be overconfident. Worked out so well vs the Mavs up 15 in game 2.

edit: Ramon shouldn't start. How many times must I repeat this. Why take a scorer off the bench rotation? smh

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rip has played 15 fucking games. Total. And the two times he played against a good defense (Indy, Mia) he shot an amazing 10 for 36 total. BULLS ARE BACK
I honestly could go into it in detail but whats the fucking point? Its like the past 3 or so years of Magic ball have never happened...

No. You can't go into detail. Not without sounding r-worded.

Generally speaking, defensive problems during the regular season tend to duplicate in the postseason. Which is why matchups do matter.

But please, be overconfident. Worked out so well vs the Mavs up 15 in game 2.

edit: Ramon shouldn't start. How many times must I repeat this. Why take a scorer off the bench rotation? smh

Im pretty sure CHI thought that too last year.

No. You can't go into detail. Not without sounding r-worded.

Oh ok cool. Thanks for reminding me I'm dealing with the pro armchairers here. You're a great wing-man.

If someone wanted to do the research and check all of last year's matchups I'd appreciate it.

EC 1st Round (4-0 for the regular season winner)

Bulls - Pacers
Chicago won 3–1 in the regular-season series

Heat - 76ers
Miami won 3–0 in the regular-season series

Celtics - Knicks
Boston won 4–0 in the regular-season series

Magic- Hawks
Atlanta won 3–1 in the regular-season series.

EC SF (1-1 for regular season winners)

Bulls - Hawks
Chicago won 2–1 in the regular-season series

Heat - Celtics
Boston won 3–1 in the regular-season series

ECF (0-1 for regular season winner)

Bulls - Heat
Chicago won 3–0 in the regular-season series:

EC overall 5-2 for regular season winner

WC first round (2-0 with regular season winner with 2 ties)

Spurs - Grizzlies
Teams were tied 2–2 in the regular-season series

Lakers - Hornets
Los Angeles won 4–0 in the regular-season series

Mavericks - Trail Blazers
Teams were tied 2–2 in the regular-season series

Thunder - Nuggets
Oklahoma won 3–1 in the regular-season series

WC SF (0-2 for regular season winners)

Lakers - Mavericks
Los Angeles won 2–1 in the regular-season series

Thunder - Grizzlies
Memphis won 3–1 in the regular-season series

WCF (1-0 for regular season winners)

Mavericks - Thunder
Dallas won 2–1 in the regular-season series

WC overall 3-2 for regular season winner with 2 ties

NBA Finals (1-0 for regular season winners)
Heat - Mavericks

Dallas won 2–0 in the regular-season series:

Overall: 9-4 for regular season winners with 2 ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom